Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
jaygell
Bat Boy

Adding new players

Just finished a season of teams all time best team players. How can I add new players to each team. Such as Mike Trout to the Angels and Fernandez to the Marlins. Thanks
jaygell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygell View Post
Just finished a season of teams all time best team players. How can I add new players to each team. Such as Mike Trout to the Angels and Fernandez to the Marlins. Thanks
There are 2 ways to do it:
1. One at a time: Make sue your in Comminsh mode: Click your league menu and select transactions.On that page,click the Free Agents tab. Now you should see to the far top right Available Actions. Click it and select Import historicals player(s).
Here's where you really need to take your time and be very careful with your selections.
In the popup you need to navigate to the historical_database.odb file. It's in the stats folder..so navigate to that folder and click the historical_database.odb file. and click ok.
Now you need to know the players bbref id. and the year he played that you want to import. You can find the players bbrefid by going to the baseball reference site and in search, type in the player's name you want to import. His id is the last part of the url after the = sign. copy that to ootp and enter the year and import. The player will end up in the Free Agents pool. So you will need to manually assign him to whatever team you want him on. Repeat for the rest.
Baseball-Reference.com - MLB Stats, Standings, Scores, History
2. This is by far the easiest method. Open the master.csv file in a spreadsheet. It's also in the stats folder. Lookup up the player(s) ids..the bbref or lahman, either one will work..I think the lahman is in one of the first columns in the spreadsheet..bbref ids are near the last columns if I remember correctly. Create a text file of all the players ids and years like this.
aardsda01,2009
aaronha01,1959
abreubo01,2000
adamsba01,1920
adamsmi02,2011
adamste01,2003
when done save the text file in your stats folder or any other folder, doesn't matter where.
Now go to the transactions page again and click the free agents tab and then click the Available Actions dropdown and select Import historical player(s). In that popup select the import from file option and navigate to where you saved your text file. Click it and click import. All the players in that test file will import to the free agent pool atuomatically. No need to import one player at a time as above.
You can create as many text files as you want for different years, leagues, etc. with as many players as you want in each text file.
Here an example of how it needs to be formatted.
Hope this helps and if you have problems or any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Seamheads League.txt (18.6 KB, 72 views)
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
jaygell
Bat Boy

Trying

Bigrod,

Thanks for help. When I click on Import Hist. Players I don't see a stats folder. Here are the folders I see:
/data
/default_data
gdinstall.exe
/uninstall
assimp32.dll
changes.txt
default_folders.ini
gameuxxinstallhelper.dll
gdinstall.exe
libmysql.dll
license.txt
lua5.1dll
msvcr90.dll
ootp15.exe
ootp15 setup log.txt
readme.txt
uninstall.exe
What am I doing wrong???
Old 04-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygell View Post
Bigrod,

Thanks for help. When I click on Import Hist. Players I don't see a stats folder. Here are the folders I see:
/data
/default_data
gdinstall.exe
/uninstall
assimp32.dll
changes.txt
default_folders.ini
gameuxxinstallhelper.dll
gdinstall.exe
libmysql.dll
license.txt
lua5.1dll
msvcr90.dll
ootp15.exe
ootp15 setup log.txt
readme.txt
uninstall.exe
What am I doing wrong???
If you did a default install...you should be navigating to your documents folder..it's there somewhere..I don't do default installs so I can't give you the exact path.
Open widows explorer or whatever you use to browse your folders and do a search for historical_database.odb. That should find the stats folder..
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
jaygell
Bat Boy

Bigrod,

You the man! IT WORKED!!!