Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > Grand Championship League

Old 12-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Spindel
All Star Reserve

5 Questions with Team ULB GM Ryan Huff

Jersey City Giants GM Ryan Huff was selected earlier this season to guide Team ULB in the OOTP Grand Championship League. Last season, Team ULB managed to make the playoffs, but lost in the First Round of the Playoffs. The Grand Championship League began earlier this year, and used OOTP13 to sim a full season of baseball with many different leagues being represented by one of that league’s members. Last season, it was Scott Jeffries. Now, it’s Huff chance to shine. This season, the GCL is playing using the settings for 1985. Huff contends that he’s feels he has an edge with this era, and the stakes have been raised from the previous GCL. This season, the winning league will be gifted with free copies of the upcoming OOTP15.

ULB: Now that the draft is over, how are you feeling about the ULB team in the Grand Championship League?

RH: I’ll quote the great Herm Edwards, “you play the game to win.” Anything less is than a championship is unsatisfactory.

ULB: Of the players you drafted, who do you think was your best pick in the draft?

RH: Eleventh round pick, Eduardo ‘Spoon’ Roldán. He was slotted as a third baseman but his defense is lacking there which is why he may have been overlooked. I drafted him with the intention of playing him in right field where his defensive skills are good. If he can produce 100 RBI’s again I believe I got a steal.

ULB: Your long standing rival, Scott Jeffries, guided the ULB team to the Playoffs in the inaugural season of the GCL, but didn’t get the job done in the postseason. Having faced Scott in multiple leagues like the ULB, FFL, VL, CL, RRL, etc etc, going back over a decade, do you feel a need do better than he did just to shove it in his face?

RH: The GCL is playing in a era where I have had very good success. My championships in the pre juice era speak for themselves. I believe I have an advantage here.

ULB: Any predictions for the season to come?

RH: I think we will be fighting for first place all season long but have three highly talented pitchers for a deep playoff run at the very least. The GCL did not have any hitters that were worthy of early round picks in my mind. I’m sticking to the strategy pitching and defense wins championships. I mixed in players with high base running skills, leadership ability, and extremely high work ethic/intelligence with hope that will push us to the top.

ULB: The Jersey City Giants 2006 season might be over already, but the ULB’s 2014 team is just getting started. The ULB started in 1996, and this year the Grand Championship League is using the settings from 1985 to run the league. What would you say are the major differences in the Eras?

RH: Like I said earlier, anything pre juice era I am extremely confident in. Pitching, pitching, pitching…

More Team ULB Coverage Here: ULB