Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

1990s Photopack

Since there is no dedicated graphics/add-ons forum here, I'll post here. I've finished creation of a photopack containing 1100+ photos of players who were active in the 1990s. Nearly every player who played 80 games during that period is included, other than those who already have photos in the excellent "Euro and North America Facepack" (i.e. Teemu Selanne, Jaromir Jagr, Martin Brodeur, etc).

I've posted the file on the Breakaway.net Forum which seems to be the home of most add-ons for FHM so you'll need to register there to download. DOWNLOAD LINK

Installation Instructions:
1. Create your historical game if you haven't already
2. Extract the player_pics folder from the zip file and copy it into your saved game (Windows location is "My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\saved_games\YOURGAME.lg")
3. Restart FHM

Unfortunately FHM doesn't seem to automatically copy the player photos from the historical quickstart when you start a new game so you'll need to do this for every game you start.

I'm planning to do another set to fill in the gap between this one and the Euro and North America Facepack which I'm guessing will be about 400 photos. I doubt I'll continue on after that as it's rather a time consuming process and I suspect that photos for players from the earlier years will be harder to find. At most I'll do a Hall of Fame players pack or something for the earlier seasons.

Last edited by CalgaryCannons; 10-17-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: adding 2000s pack
CalgaryCannons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

I've finished the "bridge" pack covering the years between 1999 and present day. Only 241 players this time as there aren't a ton of players who started and ended their careers in that span. I recommended using it along with 1990s pack in the first post and the modern day pack I linked there as well.

Next up will be a "Hall of Famers and Star Players" pack covering 1947 to 1989. Looks like another 250 players or so. After that I'll see about doing a megapack combining all of the players you need for historical play.

DOWNLOAD LINK (Breakaway.net Forum - Registration required)
Old 11-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Okay, I followed your instructions but the player images are not showing up. Is there something I missed? I'm playing the NHL 93/94 season. I extracted the picture folder into:

My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\saved_games\NHL 93-94.lg.

Nothing...

What did I do wrong?

Thanx!

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
StrikeFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFour View Post
Okay, I followed your instructions but the player images are not showing up. Is there something I missed? I'm playing the NHL 93/94 season. I extracted the picture folder into:

My Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\saved_games\NHL 93-94.lg.

Nothing...

What did I do wrong?

Thanx!
Have you restarted FHM since you copied the pictures to that location? The game only checks for them when it's started.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

I did that.

I changed the Network picture, and that worked but the player pictures are not showing up.

Now, I noticed the pics have their DoB as well....can this be the culprit? I'm drawing at straws here. I read the limited rulebook and it doesn't really say much. There's no naming convention to go by, so I am at a loss here.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

This is where I'm confused:

1. You say put it in the saved games/xxxx.lg.

another says;

2. The mega pack "goes in the quick start/majors/graphics folder."

So which is it? This should NOT be this difficult.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Okay,.....I figured this out. Nice pics. I will detailed what happened after I recreate what happened so others (newbs) don't follow down the dark path.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Good to hear you got it figured out. The pictures you put into the quick start/majors/graphics folder get copied into every new modern day game you start. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to historical games so you need to manually copy them every time you start a new historical game. Hopefully at some point they'll change that.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Pretty much that's where I failed. But it's not a big deal now. Thanks for the great pics. It really adds alot to this game...THAT WILL GET BETTER.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
Fiddy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryCannons View Post
I've finished the "bridge" pack covering the years between 1999 and present day. Only 241 players this time as there aren't a ton of players who started and ended their careers in that span. I recommended using it along with 1990s pack in the first post and the modern day pack I linked there as well.

Next up will be a "Hall of Famers and Star Players" pack covering 1947 to 1989. Looks like another 250 players or so. After that I'll see about doing a megapack combining all of the players you need for historical play.

DOWNLOAD LINK (Breakaway.net Forum - Registration required)
any update on a mega pack by chance?
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #11
swede61
Minors (Double A)

Reviving this thread because I am having a tough time with player pictures...have tried multiple places to put them, using png (is that still correct?) tried with DOB; cant find anything useful on the player pulldown "picture menu"...hard to understand why this is so much more difficult than OOTP...is there a point by point guide that works for FHM7, not bought thru Steam?

Any help appreciated..

Thanks
Swede
swede61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:00 PM   #12
skunt3m
Minors (Single A)

One place I can guarantee photos will work is the graphics folder of whatever save you're currently playing.

On the main menu of FHM, go to settings > troubleshooting > open customizable data folder. From there, go into saved_games and pick whichever save you're trying to install photos for. In that folder, go to graphics > player_pics.

Pictures should be labelled Firstname_Lastname_Day_Month_Year. PNG format will work. The pictures I'm using are 170 x 154 but I think the game will accept a variety of sizes.

Last edited by skunt3m; 01-24-2021 at 10:02 PM.
skunt3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:58 PM   #13
swede61
Minors (Double A)

Thanks!

It is working, but for me, needs to be jpg, not png...pngs just disappear immediately...very weird....
swede61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:32 PM   #14
sgrondin98
Minors (Single A)

Do you have a working link for those facepack of 1990 ?

Thanx a lot
sgrondin98 is offline   Reply With Quote