Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Blueshirt
Bat Boy

1st day the beta..my suggestions

I apoligize if these have been asked before. I have been a long time fan and player of EHM. I would not expect you to copy the game outright but it did have some helpful feature such as:

• Player comparison : and easy way to compare two players stats/abilities would be great
  • Stats for smaller sample size : something that can show you a players stats over 10games for example. Could show trends or help you determine if a line changed worked, etc..;
  • option to discourage some players from fighting ore visa versa.
  • Organization positional depth chart based off of current ability and perhaps a separate prospect chart based off of potential
And I am sure this is pushing it but is there a way to add some stats? Such as points per game, goals per game, Corsi, zone starts?

And regarding zone starts, this is really the way the NHL is evolving to, not so much line match ups. To be able to control what lines get what zone starts and/or Assign defensive pairs to match up against specific opposing lines.

Cheers and so far its looking pretty good. Had to navigate a bit at the start and easy to get lost but I assume it just takes getting used to.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Blueshirt
Bat Boy

Actually I meant Points per 60min and goals per 60min.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
Rob316
Minors (Single A)

I've finally caved and decided to buy the game (Beta) and just finished up my first season playing as Ottawa. As alot of people have said, they're still needs to be alot of work done on polishing this awesome game into the monster it's going to become! =)

Blueshirt has some great suggestions and I certainly hope it's alright for me to just add a few without starting a brand new thread lol

- Agitation : Players like Carcillo, Burrows, Ott don't have an agitation rating to draw penalties on opposing players. Playing pest's should have a better effect on drawing penalties perhaps.

- Trade Block : Many teams undervalue players and prospects making the list too big!

- Enforcers : The game isn't recognizing the need to use Enforcer's very well. As stated already, a option to allow players to take part in fights or have them completley ignore a fight would be great. Tough-guys are virtually useless at the moment.

- I'm finding an awful lot of needless trades being made and I apologize for no screens-shot's of a list of transactions but a great number of teams are making very unrealistic transactions like Winnipegs Tobias Enstrom to Columbus for 39 year old veteran Adrian Aucoin =)

- The defencemen in the game are not getting as much points or contributing as they should be. Alot are being fire saled on a regular basis and undervalued by a great deal.

- Waivers: A way to let you know any Tades / Waivers transactions conducted without needing to manually look at the screen every day simmed.

So far it's a short list as I just finished my first season. I'd like to thank the OOTP team for a excellent game so far and I look forward to the game maturing into a phenominal simulation little by little!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob316 View Post
I've finally caved and decided to buy the game (Beta) and just finished up my first season playing as Ottawa. As alot of people have said, they're still needs to be alot of work done on polishing this awesome game into the monster it's going to become! =)

Blueshirt has some great suggestions and I certainly hope it's alright for me to just add a few without starting a brand new thread lol

- Agitation : Players like Carcillo, Burrows, Ott don't have an agitation rating to draw penalties on opposing players. Playing pest's should have a better effect on drawing penalties perhaps.

- Trade Block : Many teams undervalue players and prospects making the list too big!

- Enforcers : The game isn't recognizing the need to use Enforcer's very well. As stated already, a option to allow players to take part in fights or have them completley ignore a fight would be great. Tough-guys are virtually useless at the moment.

- I'm finding an awful lot of needless trades being made and I apologize for no screens-shot's of a list of transactions but a great number of teams are making very unrealistic transactions like Winnipegs Tobias Enstrom to Columbus for 39 year old veteran Adrian Aucoin =)

- The defencemen in the game are not getting as much points or contributing as they should be. Alot are being fire saled on a regular basis and undervalued by a great deal.

- Waivers: A way to let you know any Tades / Waivers transactions conducted without needing to manually look at the screen every day simmed.

So far it's a short list as I just finished my first season. I'd like to thank the OOTP team for a excellent game so far and I look forward to the game maturing into a phenomenal simulation little by little!
I think waivers aren't enabled at this point, but I do agree with some of your other points, especially the low pts totals from d-men.