Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Scouting Issues

Not sure where to post this, but the scouting is very confusing/limiting.

If I want to assign my scout to a country, I can only assign him to Canada, USA, Sweden, Russia, England, Germany. I realize that these are all the playable leagues, but how do you scout players from Finland, Slovakia, Czech, etc. I'm guessing this is something that is coming later when those leagues are included in?

Also, when going to scout Russia, my options are Kontinental Hockey League, Russian High League, Russian Hockey League, Russian Junior League, Youth Hockey League, Youth Hockey League 2. What? Should be listed as KHL, VHL, MHL, MHL-2, etc I have no idea what these leagues are as they are listed.

Very annoying a bunch of unknown but useful players in UFA at the start of the game with no ratings and no way to scout them really. Takes a while to scout them individually. Particularly due to the nature of the next problem...

No way to scout or check the shortlist? At least none that I've found.

I know the solutions are coming, not critizing just trying to point out things. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

After assigning a job I can't seem to easily go back and check what the job is.
e.g. Set a scout to scout the NHL Draft and in the main scouting screen list it just says Seth Jones or whatever player I presume is being scouted? (should it not say NHL Draft?). Now if I click on that scout it gives a list of players but theres no way to tell what the job really is unless I click on one of the players names. I'd rather have the main screen tell me the scout is scouting the draft and clicking on a player would give me the player profile.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, scouting is pretty rudimentary at the moment, it hasn't gotten a lot of attention yet. As you're seeing, scouting for non-draft purposes is a real pain. Once the scouts have had a bit more editing attention (specifically, giving them an accurate home region and getting scouts for all playable leagues), I'd like to get that screen, the assignment methods, and the feedback from scouts all overhauled.

One thing we can fix soon: scouts are getting minimum, instead of average, default ratings. That shouldn't be happening, but it's an easy fix.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Astark
Bat Boy

Can there/will there be a way to disable scouting report messages? I have 9 scouts working draft-eligible players, and my inbox gets flooded with reports. Not big, but just something that is a little annoying while playing.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astark View Post
Can there/will there be a way to disable scouting report messages? I have 9 scouts working draft-eligible players, and my inbox gets flooded with reports. Not big, but just something that is a little annoying while playing.
Havent tried yet but maybe disable "news for shortlisted players" and see if it works.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #6
EberleisEdmonton13
Bat Boy

6'4 260 lbs

Almost every 14-16 year old player that I have scouted seems to be over 6 feet and weighing around 260 lbs, seems to be a big 14 year old haha. Anyone else having this happen?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
Astark
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter10 View Post
Havent tried yet but maybe disable "news for shortlisted players" and see if it works.
Does not work.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #8
Zorbane
Bat Boy

Is there a checkbox for scouting reports at the bottom?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
block15blaze
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Not sure where to post this, but the scouting is very confusing/limiting.

If I want to assign my scout to a country, I can only assign him to Canada, USA, Sweden, Russia, England, Germany. I realize that these are all the playable leagues, but how do you scout players from Finland, Slovakia, Czech, etc. I'm guessing this is something that is coming later when those leagues are included in?

Also, when going to scout Russia, my options are Kontinental Hockey League, Russian High League, Russian Hockey League, Russian Junior League, Youth Hockey League, Youth Hockey League 2. What? Should be listed as KHL, VHL, MHL, MHL-2, etc I have no idea what these leagues are as they are listed.

Very annoying a bunch of unknown but useful players in UFA at the start of the game with no ratings and no way to scout them really. Takes a while to scout them individually. Particularly due to the nature of the next problem...

No way to scout or check the shortlist? At least none that I've found.

I know the solutions are coming, not critizing just trying to point out things. Thanks.
I find it frustrating that free agents have no attributes. It would be good to have the option to show or mask the attributes until scouted. Personally, I would always play with attributes of all players showing as standard. It would really put me off the game to have to scout players to see their attributes, especially free agents.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
SirManager
Bat Boy

The scouting works? I dont get any reports ever, but I have assigned scouts to work (scout for leagues and specific players). Doing something wrong or missing something?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManager View Post
The scouting works? I dont get any reports ever, but I have assigned scouts to work (scout for leagues and specific players). Doing something wrong or missing something?
I'm running into the same problem as well. I have my scouts in leagues that apparently aren't playing games, or atleast not active. That may be the cause in my game since the scouts technically have no game play to go by. I'm playing in the lower leagues in the NA (ECHL), not sure if your running into the same perdiciment...

Edit: I have my scouts in the SPHL, CHL, and FHL in the US and those leagues are not generating games played or stats...

Last edited by Gige56; 03-06-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Clarification