Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 05-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #81
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel City Dog View Post
Just a word to say that the Steeldogs, Edgars Bebris isn't classed as an import like he is on the game,having trained in Sheffield as a junior.

But nice work so far, keep it up!
Thanks! I'll fix that this evening. I expect there will be other incorrect imports on the other rosters because I put their native nationality as their primary nationality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebusbybriddon View Post
Why?
Because the only way our players will develop is to play abroad at higher levels such as the Allsvenskan.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #82
Macca
Bat Boy

2 week notice

is there any news on 2 weeks notice to sack players without having to play off their whole years wages?

mark

as with out it i doubt ill bother with the game as it just makes it unplayable for the uk leagues
Old 05-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #83
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Because the only way our players will develop is to play abroad at higher levels such as the Allsvenskan.
I have to disagree. As the standard of British Hockey is getting better. I wouldn't say that the only way British Hockey will get better is by the players playing somewhere else in Europe.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #84
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca View Post
is there any news on 2 weeks notice to sack players without having to play off their whole years wages?

mark

as with out it i doubt ill bother with the game as it just makes it unplayable for the uk leagues
I'm afraid not. I registered it as a suggestion a while back, but I don't know whether it'll be implemented as a feature for version 1. Only the devs will be able to confirm the plans regarding this.

I do agree with you; it does have a big impact on whether or not the UK leagues will be worthwhile in game.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #85
flamesfan
Bat Boy

guildford team

Guildford team is near enough there i would say apart from nathan remple is still down as a brit but he should be an import.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #86
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
I'm afraid not. I registered it as a suggestion a while back, but I don't know whether it'll be implemented as a feature for version 1. Only the devs will be able to confirm the plans regarding this.

I do agree with you; it does have a big impact on whether or not the UK leagues will be worthwhile in game.
How about this: a league rules option to allow non-guaranteed contracts, ie the ability to release guys immediately at no buyout cost. Reasonable compromise?
Old 06-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #87
flamesfan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
How about this: a league rules option to allow non-guaranteed contracts, ie the ability to release guys immediately at no buyout cost. Reasonable compromise?
that seems like a good compromise
Old 06-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #88
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yes, that'd be a really good solution!
Old 06-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #89
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
So, between now and the end of June at the very latest (hopefully I can get the bulk done by the end of May), I will complete the following (updated 30 June 2013):

* Faceoffs [DONE]
* Acceleration [DONE]
* Agility [DONE]
* Balance [DONE]
* Speed [DONE]
* Update the rosters (all 3 leagues)
* Ensure non-playing staff are correct and up-to-date (all 3 leagues, but particularly the NIHL-1)

The last 2 items will be the final things I'll do from my list.
As you'll see from the list above, the 4 Physical attributes and Faceoffs are now done for all 3 leagues. Next I'll be doing the following for all 3 leagues:

* Sort out the salary ranges (I've been meaning to do this for ages...)
* Update the rosters & contracts
* Check non-playing staff
* 3x Mental Attributes
* 6x Hidden Attributes
* Go through the British free agents to ensure they all at least have Technical Ability and Potential Ability ratings.
* Fix player weights

I expect this will take a number of weeks.

P.s. Anybody who has played the latest build may have noticed that the scoring levels in the UK are now much improved. However, it's still a little way from being perfect. It looks like the scoring is about 8-10% lower than what it should be and, more importantly, the top scorers are not scoring enough goals and assists. For example, I've found in the EIHL that the top 70 scorers are scoring far too few points. This is particularly noticeable at the top where the top pts scorer will get about 60 - 65 pts in game (as opposed to last season's top pts scorer, David Ling, who scored 95 pts in 57 games).

Last edited by archibalduk; 07-02-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #90
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

MY weight for the players are still messed up...
Old 07-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #91
Garethw87

Quote:
I have to disagree. As the standard of British Hockey is getting better. I wouldn't say that the only way British Hockey will get better is by the players playing somewhere else in Europe.
Getting better yes I agree 100% but we'll only get as good as the import coaches and players that come here to play and that isn't very good overall - CHL/ECHL level. With players like Ben O'connor going to Kazakhstan ect it gives them great experience to get above that level and if they return then can repay it by helping others reach it too

Old 07-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #92
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
MY weight for the players are still messed up...
Thanks for reminding me. I'll add it to my list.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #93
archibalduk
All Star Starter

The devs have fixed the height issues and so the height/weights should all be okay now. I've noticed many heights are 1 inch inaccurate and so I'll go through them at some point as previously planned.

All of the EIHL, EPL, NIHL-1S and NIHL Moralee rosters are up to date. There are just a couple of players moving to the EIHL from France that haven't been done. This is because Mike, the French Magnus researcher, is finishing off some attribute work on them and will move them to the EIHL once he has finished.

I've also been adding some ID numbers to all of the UK players (I've done all UK and Irish UFAs and UK-based players). I don't think it'll be noticeable in game, but it's something that needed doing and is another thing ticked off.

You'll find a lot of players missing TA ratings and positions. This is because I have either created them today or they have been moved in from another league or free agency. My next task is to go through these players and set their positions and TAs. I'll do the free agents whilst I'm at it. I'll then return to the attribute work.

Last edited by archibalduk; 07-13-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #94
Stevo
Bat Boy

The forum just wiped out my last message during submission, so here's a short version.

I was wrong about the EPL imports they seem to be working and dressing the correct amount of players, this must have been fixed after the last build. I did count 8 reserve imports for Guildford by the second season of my game.

The EIHL I believe is 11 imports dressed for each game, I've looked everywhere but can't find an exact number. Though this page might have the answer Ice Hockey: Cardiff Devils close in on final import to complete Elite League roster - Wales Online .Currently the game is set at 99. I've tried changing this in the league edit, which does nothing.

The team strengths and players attributes are very good. The only team that could use a boost I believe is Solway who always come last in my games. I think they won the NIHL North 1 last season.

High wages and transfer fees as have been talked about before obviously still need changing. Maybe get rid of transfer fees and make it easy for clubs in higher leagues to sign them, as long as they're willing to give higher wages.

The most annoying thing is a new bug that's appeared with this build, with the game A.I. making roster changes even when all manager options are set to human. Players being signed, players moved up and down from affiliates and players moved to injury reserve.

Looking forward to testing the next build.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #95
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Thanks for this! I really appreciate your help in testing.

Imports - I got my internet connection back today and so I'll test out the latest build asap. You're right about the EIHL; it is 11 imports dressed. This was previously set correctly in the game but I'll double-check. As mentioned, the limit on the number of foreigners on the roster should be 99, but the dressed setting should be 11 (these are two separate settings in game).

Solway - Yes they should be challenging for a top 2 position rather than sitting at the bottom of the standings. I'll check out their roster to see how complete it is. I've got about 20 days-worth of transactions to implement into the game because of my house move. It might be that Solway's roster is quite small in game right now (because they haven't finished signing players yet) and this may have a bearing on how they're performing in game. I'll get all of the transactions added this week and then I'll check how they get on in game. I know they've lost a couple of key players this summer (Nathan Salem and Adam Reynolds both left the team and they were arguably two of the best offensive players in the league last season). It's really good to hear that the other teams/players are performing realistically. That's a big relief!

Transfer fees - Yeah this needs to go altogether. The devs are going to implement a rule very similar to the real life 2 week notice transfer system. This will make things infinitely better. The rule has been set for all of the British leagues in the Researcher Editor and now it's a case of waiting for the devs to code the rule into the game. I've no idea whether this will make it into September's release, but it's certainly in the pipeline.

Wages - I need to check whether the wage ranges I recommended have been implemented into the game yet. Setting the salaries is going to be trial and error because salary data is not available (except for one or two players whose salaries have been leaked/rumoured) and also because teams include free accommodation and university sponsorship as part of their offer to players (imports in particular) - and this needs to be monetised somehow.

Keep the feedback coming! I'm spending all of my available time on keeping the rosters up to date and rating attributes - and so I have little time to test much. So any testing from other users is of huge help!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #96
Stevo
Bat Boy

Glad to help, I haven't been excited about a management game in a long time and really like the look of this one.

I just simmed three seasons and have noticed a few more things.

- Bracknell Bees have Blackburn as one of their affiliates.

- Solihull who played in the NIHL North Promotion playoffs are the only team in the NIHL North 2 to have a full team, the other teams have at least two players but no more than 8, which I believe are affiliated teams. As said before no games are shown in NIHL 2 but the players do produce stats.

- NIHL North play games from October to late January, which is probably something to do with having less teams than the South. Not the worst bug in the world.

- The players on the reserve lists are mostly young imports, this will probably fix itself when that bug is fixed. Perhaps keep them in their own countries until a certain age, unless they're drafted.

- The new young UK players have filtered into the EPL and NIHL 1 divisions and probably are also off playing in other countries. When looking at them in the third season a lot of them had duel English and US nationalities. Their abilities are probably way too high against the current crop of real life youngsters but I think I like the game this way. It's like playing a British hockey game where the UK teams have decided to put money into producing young players, unbelievable but an interesting dynamic to the game.

Last edited by Stevo; 08-14-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #97
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Bracknell Bees have Blackburn as one of their affiliates.
Thanks! I'm not sure how that happened!! I'll fix it.

Regarding your other comments, I'll check them out probably next week. I'm going to spend the rest of this week updating the rosters and adding more attributes.

Keep the feedback coming!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #98
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Note to self: Find out if Nick Poole has come out of retirement to play another season for MK Lightning (I'm posting this here in case anybody knows the answer before I have a chance to check out The Hockey Forum). The rosters page on the team's site suggests as though he's registered this season, but there's no news item I can find confirming this.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #99
weephil56
Bat Boy

Is there anyway to bring trading into the EIHL.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #100
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weephil56 View Post
Is there anyway to bring trading into the EIHL.
Have you tried changing the League Settings via Commissioner's Mode? If you select the EIHL from the League Menu, you should see a League Settings button (you must have Commish Mode enabled for this button to be visible).

If it can be changed, it'll be via that button. However I don't know if that setting has been enabled yet - I'm downloading the latest beta as we speak.

EDIT: I've just checked and it's via the Edit League button rather than League Settings. Click on Edit League -> League Rules and you'll see a Trading check-box in the bottom left-hand section.

Last edited by archibalduk; 08-16-2013 at 07:30 AM.