Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #61
archibalduk
All Star Starter

An update regarding the NIHL-1:

In last Wednesday's update I finished updating all of the transactions so those rosters are now up to date. I've pretty much finished rating the newly created NIHL-1 players and updating the existing NIHL-1 players in Excel. All being well, I hope to have the new ratings and some categories of attributes entered into the database in time for the update that will be released a week on Wednesday (i.e 10 April). Time is against me as I've got a restricted number of days between now and then, but I should just about get it done in time.

Also, the existing structure in game needs to be updated slightly. I was hoping to have it as a two division league but, for a number of reasons, the North and South divisions will have to be separate leagues.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #62
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
I'll check this out. I seem to remember thinking that the EPL schedule didn't look correct either.

The EIHL and EPL schedules should be almost identical to the real life 2012/13 schedules. The only variance is the early part of the season because I had to take out some of the split league/Challenge Cup games as the CC isn't in game (and this meant I had to modify the schedule a little in order to get the correct number of games for each team).

(as some teams share arenas).
Yeah, on the schedule on my save with the Panthers (BOO!) they have played all on Sat/Sun but they played nearly 20 home games in a row. Hopefully I might be on the game in a few years.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #63
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Next Wednesday's DB update is a fairly large update in relation to the UK. I've finished the updating TA ratings for the existing NIHL-1 players and adding TAs to the newly-created NIHL-1 players. Also added are Potential Ability ratings, Aggression and Temperament (in addition of course to the basic bio, positional and contract data). Hopefully when the OOTP guys are able to make additional leagues playable, the NIHL-1 will be made playable.

I'm expecting that the NIHL-1 will need more tweaking than the EIHL and EPL. The big breadth of talent from top to bottom has made it quite a challenge to rate.

I need to look at the Ageing attribute for all 3 leagues (I'm halfway through doing this for the NIHL-1) and the Faceoff attribute for the NIHL-1. After doing that, I'll look at the British free agents and a couple of players who are presently on NIHL-2 and SNL rosters. There's also some EPL and NIHL-1 staff who may need adding (particularly trying to identify GMs for teams with player/head coaches because it's not possible to have split roles in game). I'll also look at updating the average attendances for the EPL and NIHL-1.

There's also the issue of schedules possibly not appearing in game and newgens created at start-up possibly being too strong (e.g. at Manchester Phoenix).
Old 05-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #64
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey I haven't posted in this for a little while but I've now pieced together some of the new signings from the teams (I don't think it should be posted in here, but just in case);
Edinburgh Capitals - (RW) Curtis Leinweber: Has now signed a new deal for the 2013-14 season.
Coventry Blaze - (Coach) Matt Soderstrom: Has been announced as the new coach of the Blaze for the 2013-14 Season.
Nottingham Panthers - (Retired Number) Corey Neilson: The #77 Number has been retired in honour of their player/coach (who has now also retired as a player to take up full-time coaching) Corey Neilson.
Hull Stingrays - (Defenseman) Martin Ondrej: Slovakian Defenseman Martin Ondrej signs again for another year to play in a Stingray's Jersey once again for the 2013-14 season.
Belfast Giants - (Retired Number) Graeme Walton: The number #18 Jersey is being retired.
Nottingham Panthers - (Coach) Corey Neilson: Nottingham Panthers secured Corey Neilson for the 2013-14 Head Coaching role.
Coventry Blaze - (Defenseman) Mike Egener: Signs a new deal for the 2013-14 Season.
Coventry Blaze - (LW) Adam Henrich: Also signs on for the 2013-14 Season.
Edinburgh Capitals - (Goaltender) Tomas Hiadlovsky: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Sheffield Steelers - (Coach) Ryan Finnerty: The Steelers confirm that Ryan Finnerty will not be returning for the 2013-14 Season.
Belfast Giants - (Coach) Doug Christiansen: The Belfast Giants reveal that Doug Christiansen has left the Belfast Giants to join the Sheffiled Steelers.
Sheffield Steelers - (Coach) Doug Christiansen: The Sheffield Steelers sign Coach Doug Christiansen on a contract up until the 2014-15 Season.
Braehead Clan - (Coach) Paul Gardner: The Clan reveal that Paul Gardner departs Braehead.
Belfast Giants - (C) Darryl Lloyd: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Belfast Giants - (Defenseman) Jeff Mason: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Cardiff Devils - (RW) Luke Piggott: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Cardiff Devils - (Defenseman) Rupert Quiney: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Cardiff Devils - (C) Chris Jones: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Belfast Giants - (RW) Adam Keefe: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Coventry Blaze - (Defenseman) Benn Olson: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Coventry Blaze - (Defenseman) Mike Schutte: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Edinburgh Capitals - (RW) Jordan Steel: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Dundee Stars - (C) Bari McKenzie: Signs until the 2014-15 Season.
Coventry Blaze - (LW) Russ Cowley: Signs a deal until the 2014-15 Season.
Dundee Stars - (LW) John Dolan: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Dundee Stars - (RW) Vince Connon: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Dundee Stars - (Defenseman) Sam McCluskey: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Dundee Stars - (RW) AJ MacLean: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Nottingham Panthers - (C) Brandon Benedict: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Hull Stingrays - (RW) Guillaume Doucet: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Coventry Blaze - (RW) Derek Campbell: Coventry confirm that Campbell will not be returning.
Hull Stingrays - (RW) Derek Campbell: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Hull Stingrays - (RW) Tom Squires: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Hull Stingrays - (C) Sam Towner: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Hull Stingrays - (Defenseman) Scott Robson: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Braehead Clan - (Coach) Ryan Finnerty: The Braehead Clan announce that Ryan Finnerty will become their new Coach for the next two seasons up until the end of the 2014-15 Season.
Sheffield Steelers - (Defenseman) Mark Thomas: Signs for the next two seasons until 2014-15 Season, this will mark his 10-year anniversary.
Nottingham Panthers - (Goaltender) Dan Green: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Nottingham Panthers - (Goaltender) Sam Gospel: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Edinburgh Capitals - (Goaltender) Craig Holland: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Cardiff Devils - (Defenseman) Mark Richardson: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Sheffield Steelers - (LW) Jonathan Phillips: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Hull Stingrays - (RW) Sean Muncy: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Sheffield Steelers - (RW) Aaron Nell: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Sheffield Steelers - (C) Jason Hewitt: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Edinburgh Capitals - (Defenseman) Danny McIntyre: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Coventry Blaze - (Goaltender) Mike Zacharias: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Nottingham Panthers - (LW) Robert Lachowicz: Signs a deal up until the 2014-15 Season.
Coventry Blaze - (RW) Michael Henrich: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Dundee Stars - (RW) Mike Wirll: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Nottingham Panthers - (C) Matthew Myers: The Panthers announce Matt Myers will not return for the 2013-14 Season.
Cardiff Devils - (C) Matthew Myers: Signs up until the 2014-15 Season.
Braehead Clan - (LW) Matt Haywood: Signs for the 2013-14 Season.
Sheffield Steelers - (RW) Rob Dowd: Signs up until the 2014-15 Season. YEAAA!

All of these are sourced from eihl.co.uk
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #65
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Thanks that's very helpful.

I've been temporarily freezing the rosters whilst I work on finishing off the Ageing attributes (all 3 leagues) and the Faceoff attributes (NHIL-1). Once I've finished them (hopefully before this weekend's DB deadline) I'll get the rosters back up to date.

I don't mean to undermine how kind your help is, but it's worth bearing in mind that all of this information is posted on EliteProspects (and that's how I normally keep everything up to date - the site is very up to date even for the NIHL-1 rosters). I will of course go through your list to double-check I've got everything covered.

Last edited by archibalduk; 05-07-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #66
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh yeah of course don't worry. If you ever need any help don't e afraid to ask. I understand how hard it for you so just give us a shout.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #67
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebusbybriddon View Post
Oh yeah of course don't worry. If you ever need any help don't e afraid to ask. I understand how hard it for you so just give us a shout.
Thank you, I really appreciate the offer. I'll give you a shout if I need a hand.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #68
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Just a quick update: The Ageing attributes are complete for all players. I had hoped to get the Faceoff attributes complete for the NIHL-1, but only got as far as completing the centres as study commitments took a little longer than anticipated (and I lost a free day when the flooring in my flat had to be replaced following a flood!!).

I've now got 2 or 3 weeks to work on the rosters before I take off roughly 2 weeks for my final exams. So, between now and the end of June at the very latest (hopefully I can get the bulk done by the end of May), I will complete the following (updated 30 June 2013):

* Faceoffs [DONE]
* Acceleration [DONE]
* Agility [DONE]
* Balance [DONE]
* Speed [DONE]
* Update the rosters (all 3 leagues)
* Ensure non-playing staff are correct and up-to-date (all 3 leagues, but particularly the NIHL-1)

The last 2 items will be the final things I'll do from my list. It's much easier to update the attributes (and ensure everybody is covered) when the rosters are frozen.

So hopefully before the end of June we'll have a much improved set of UK league data.

Last edited by archibalduk; 06-30-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #69
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Just a quick update: The Ageing attributes are complete for all players. I had hoped to get the Faceoff attributes complete for the NIHL-1, but only got as far as completing the centres as study commitments took a little longer than anticipated (and I lost a free day when the flooring in my flat had to be replaced following a flood!!).

I've now got 2 or 3 weeks to work on the rosters before I take off roughly 2 weeks for my final exams. So, between now and the end of June at the very latest (hopefully I can get the bulk done by the end of May), I will complete the following:

* Faceoffs (for defencemen and wingers in the NIHL-1)
* Acceleration (all 3 leagues)
* Agility (all 3 leagues)
* Balance (all 3 leagues)
* Speed (all 3 leagues)
* Update the rosters (all 3 leagues)
* Ensure non-playing staff are correct and up-to-date (all 3 leagues, but particularly the NIHL-1)

The last 2 items will be the final things I'll do from my list. It's much easier to update the attributes (and ensure everybody is covered) when the rosters are frozen.

So hopefully before the end of June we'll have a much improved set of UK league data.
Have you remembered to change the teamname from 'Braehead Clan' to 'Breahead Steelers'... Also does Chris Frank move to Aus in the summer on the game?
Old 05-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #70
Garethw87

Quote:
Sheffield Steelers - (RW) Rob Dowd: Signs up until the 2014-15 Season. YEAAA!

All of these are sourced from eihl.co.uk
This isn't good!!

Old 05-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #71
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
This isn't good!!
umad?;P
Old 05-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #72
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Have you remembered to change the teamname from 'Braehead Clan' to 'Breahead Steelers'... Also does Chris Frank move to Aus in the summer on the game?
Ha! You can always change the team name in game!

Regarding Chris Frank, he won't move to Australia in the game automatically. He's now with Braehead for next season and so this is the team he'll be with in game (because we are keeping the rosters up to date as the trades happen - and the game is to be released after the summer).

Last edited by archibalduk; 05-21-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:05 AM   #73
archibalduk
All Star Starter

I'm going to quote this here so I don't forget about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan View Post
hi just got beta and it has the makeings of a great sim.
A couple of things i have spotted on the guildford flames line up.
Ricky skean is down as an import but is in fact classed as a brit as trained here as a jr.
Jez lundin is also down as an inport but again is classed as a brit as trained here as a jr
Nathan remple is down as an non import when he is an inport.
No sign of andrew sharp that i could see
Old 05-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #74
flamesfan
Bat Boy

Found Andrew Sharp but he is down as an import but was in fact British trained jr so classed as a brit.
The following players are not flames in real life
m.steiner
m. morrison
l.mitchell
c. campbell

Also why do we have to have 4 lines in order to start a game as the epl is three line hockey?

Last edited by flamesfan; 05-23-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #75
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
The following players are not flames in real life
m.steiner
m. morrison
l.mitchell
c. campbell
Without knowing their full names, I would hazard a guess that they're newgens (i.e. players the game creates at start up to fill up the rosters). IMO the game is overzealous with newgen creation in that it sees the relatively smaller UK rosters as needing additional players when they don't.

Quote:
Also why do we have to have 4 lines in order to start a game as the epl is three line hockey?
Because at present there's no option in the game to roll with 3 lines.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #76
flamesfan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Without knowing their full names, I would hazard a guess that they're newgens (i.e. players the game creates at start up to fill up the rosters). IMO the game is overzealous with newgen creation in that it sees the relatively smaller UK rosters as needing additional players when they don't.

Because at present there's no option in the game to roll with 3 lines.
So I guess nothing can be done to get rid of the newgen players as I guess it would just creat more then. I have moved them to the inactive roster for now.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #77
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
So I guess nothing can be done to get rid of the newgen players as I guess it would just creat more then. I have moved them to the inactive roster for now.
It has been reported as an issue for the KHL (and the UK). We'll have to wait and see what the devs think.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #78
Garethw87

Quote:
umad?;P
Good for Steelers, I like the Steelers but as for GB ice hockey its terrrible news!

Old 05-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #79
Steel City Dog
Bat Boy

Just a word to say that the Steeldogs, Edgars Bebris isn't classed as an import like he is on the game,having trained in Sheffield as a junior.

But nice work so far, keep it up!
Old 05-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #80
thebusbybriddon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Good for Steelers, I like the Steelers but as for GB ice hockey its terrrible news!
Why?