Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 09-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

New iOotp player

Hi all,
Long time no post!
I just bought iOOTP 2012 just a few questions as I'm a bit of a noob for this version of the game.
Is there a way to change a player's name or create a player?
Is there an easy way to set lineups & pitching staff? The screens are much more clunky than I'm used to on the PC version.

Overall, I'm happy with the interface, just getting started and looking forward to it
On the corpse. My question is...
No, my question. I get to go first. Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on corpse?
Quote:
Cause there's a 50-50 chance a malnourished monkey is gonna pop up out of a toilet, shoot you in the face with a speargun.
johnnybourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Cary
Minors (Single A)

No on name and player creation.
There's a button you can click to let the computer set up lineups, depth charts, etc. It's a good starting point that you can then edit.
Cary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Good news is that the iOOTP developer made a hint about a possible player editor addition to iOOTP 2013 in one of his posts.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary View Post
No on name and player creation.
There's a button you can click to let the computer set up lineups, depth charts, etc. It's a good starting point that you can then edit.
yeah I saw that. I was more curious as to how people were setting up those things themselves. I do trust the "computer manager" but I like to have some more control
No, my question. I get to go first. Why in pluperfect hell would you pee on corpse?
Quote:
Cause there's a 50-50 chance a malnourished monkey is gonna pop up out of a toilet, shoot you in the face with a speargun.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
johnnybourbon
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Good news is that the iOOTP developer made a hint about a possible player editor addition to iOOTP 2013 in one of his posts.
Looking forward to that! thanks!
Quote:
Old 09-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Welcome to iOOTP.

To set lineups and rotations, go from the main menu to "team" and you will be able to do it all.

Depth charts and lineups:

I usually select "action" and then "let the AI set the depth charts" -- and then I tweak it, because the AI does some curious things. Periodically during the season if you ask the AI to set the depth charts it will make changes in its own previous arrangement, suggesting that it reflects changes in on-field performance (as against being determined solely by ratings).

After tweaking the depth charts, go to "lineups" and see if you like what the AI does. Not going to "lineups" might mean that the AI ignores your depth tweaking.

""Rotation/Bullpen" works in a similar fashion.
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybourbon View Post
yeah I saw that. I was more curious as to how people were setting up those things themselves. I do trust the "computer manager" but I like to have some more control
The computer manager does a good job or managing the game, substituting, etc. I even saw a very impressive double switch where it pinch hit for the lefty 1B with a righty outfielder, then switched the LF to 1B and kept the PH in the game at LF. It was the perfect move.

Setting up lineups, OTOH, is a different matter. The blasted thing seems to absolutely LOVE making my slug footed catcher lead off.
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
markprior22
All Star Starter

Player editor is needed...I've got a guy on my team named Bhagyanandana Ni****. Brutal name and OOTP seems to have quite a few bizarre names like this.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #9
Mennogreg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Player editor is needed...I've got a guy on my team named Bhagyanandana Ni****. Brutal name and OOTP seems to have quite a few bizarre names like this.
I spewed all over my screen. Please tell me that's an exaggeration? Wonder where he's from, Slovakia?

Get that player editor out pronto or I'm calling the NAACP!
Mennogreg is offline   Reply With Quote