Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Same old New question about the various game.txt's

I am in the process of running a test EBL league to make sure those cities all show up but its just the Endor cities that have a MLB team.

a few questions:
1. when I move all my cities over to the orig cities.txt do they have to be in alphabetical order?

2. can i just add all my fictional cities to the bottom of the cities.txt like i do for the nations?

3. if i cant add the,m to the bottom how do i make sure my cities r in true alpha. order? st. louis shows up before saint louis etc. how exact do i need to be?

4. What rules do I need to follow for schools.txt and weather?

5. would adding a new ethnicity suck as woookie and ewok to the eth.txt mess anything up.. example. Kassyyk, the homeworld of Chewbacca according to wookiepedia would have 2 ethnicity wookie and human which human i would do white & black so 3 overall. and does that need to be in alpha order?

6. anythign else I should do or know?

thank you
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

1. Pretty sure it doesn't matter, but you can easily test this on a dummy league.
2. Yes
3. I hope you are using a spreadsheet for this, because it's a lot easier than working with comma delimited fields in a text file. Load the cities.txt file in a spreadsheet and then save it as a csv. To get it back in the game just rename the csv file to a txt file.
6. The OOTP manual covers pretty much everything you need to know about the txt game files.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
3. I hope you are using a spreadsheet for this, because it's a lot easier than working with comma delimited fields in a text file. Load the cities.txt file in a spreadsheet and then save it as a csv. To get it back in the game just rename the csv file to a txt file.

Hope that helps.

yes i am doing it in the .txt since i dont have any of the microsoift applications on my PC i use open office.org and when i open the .txt in there it doesnt really change to much between teh 2....plus all i am really doing with my Endor cities is copying a US city into a different txt and then renaming the file....and if i can add them all to the bottom of the orig .txt it will make adding my 500 cities easier.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Open Office does spread sheets.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
Open Office does spread sheets.
yes could u explain to me how i would put each field in then please?

Endor City,2841952,229,New Coruscant,41.84,-87.68

would i just type endor city TAB 2841952 TAB etc?

after i created it i couldnt save it as a txt
Old 02-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
Chicagofan76
Banned

btw i did add my cities to the bottom of the orig txt and they all worked.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #7
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Each column in the spreadsheet is a field in the text file.

So your columns would be:

City Name Population Nation ID Region/State City Latitude City Longitude

After you create the file save it as a csv file. That will separate each of your columns with a comma. After you save the csv file, rename it to cities.txt

Here's an example of a fictional league I made

At the bottom you'll see that I made a worksheet for each country in my universe. I then combined them all together into the cities.txt worksheet on the bottom right. (ignore the extra lat long fields I added)

So while you're working on data you can add in column headers to help in readability and you can sort the data anyway you like. All you have to do is make sure the data is cleaned up for the actual cities.txt file.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:07 AM   #8
Chicagofan76
Banned

Ok Thank You that is extremely helpful...I am gonna use yours as base....Thats cool that u separated each into its own tab for each country.

I might bug ya in a few days if i run into problems. but with yours a base i should be good to go now.