Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Lockheart
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Fantasy Names

I'm just curious if anyone has any fantasy name sets for players? I know there's two Middle earth leagues around here, so I'm assuming someone has done it at least once.

I'm merely asking to save my self the time if I can, if not, oh well. Just FYI, I'm only looking for medieval fantasy styled player names, no nations or anything.

Thanks in advance.
Lockheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #2
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I've made several fantasy sets, including a medieval set . No, you can't have them.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Gordon Freeman would let him have them
SMFXR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
108stitches
Bat Boy

Fantasy names

I would also be interested in a set. I am in the process of building one and will give it FREELY to all who wish to use it.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
Goody
Hall Of Famer

My league will have a custom fantasy name set including two entirely ficticious languages with their own alphabets and phonetics in addition to the "English" sounding set.

Its set up to go with the fictional nations though.

But after the online version of the league is up and running for awhile I'll eventually be releasing a world template or solo league version...not sure yet which will work best to package it for others to use. Saved game? World template? Quickstart?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMFXR01 View Post
Gordon Freeman would let him have them
I killed Gordon Freeman and drank his blood.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
hawaiiansky
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody View Post
My league will have a custom fantasy name set including two entirely ficticious languages with their own alphabets and phonetics in addition to the "English" sounding set.

Its set up to go with the fictional nations though.

But after the online version of the league is up and running for awhile I'll eventually be releasing a world template or solo league version...not sure yet which will work best to package it for others to use. Saved game? World template? Quickstart?
"Grubb nurk gurank! Jorik hask murg."

(That's orcish for "Fantastic! Happy you're going to share this.")
hawaiiansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
how would 1 go about creating and putting the names into the game?

i am in the process of doing my Endor Baseball League and will eventually need names for the Ewok Village Ewoks and the New Kashyyk Bowcasters along witha lot of bothans, a few twi'leks, 1 jawa, and 2 very fat Gamoreans.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
ctorg
Global Moderator

A couple of years ago, as a huge time-waster, I created an Access database where you could enter lots of sample words from a language, and it would take the words, split them up into two-letter sequences, and then rearrange them in random order based on the probability of particular sequences as they occurred in the entered words. You could run it and quickly generate thousands of fake names based on particular letter sequence probabilities. It was pretty neat but not very user-friendly, since I was the only one intended to use it.

Anyway, I used it to create an entire other world. I made up an entirely new set of ethnicities, nations, cities, etc. I used the Access DB to create the city names as well as person names, and I used a separate randomizer to assign city locations based on distances from hubs. I had it make something like 150,000 cities and had about 20,000 names per ethnicity.

It never really occurred to me that this stuff might be useful to someone other than myself.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
i need to figure out how to do a Star Wars Expanded Universe DB i am restarting my league from scratch since what i knew of baseball at 10 has changed in the last 24 yrs but from 2003 my starting yr til 2040 the yr i am in on HH2K3 i will be able to manually import all of my players after that i think i will try to create my DB

Although if i could figure out how to do a DB then i can keep my current history and start from 2040, otherwise things r gonna mess up my teams i have 12 rings between 3 teams in 27 yrs as a mgr, dont think i'll be able to be as good if i try to rewrite history..
in my EBL league i had a team that went 9- 153 no one player on that team hot better then .240 5 hr 40 rbi and all 5 starters had 20 or more losses. (this was on Hardball 3?)
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote