Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:55 AM   #5461
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I did the same thing when I pulled Cy Young 16 seasons back. I thought briefly about selling him, and was almost tempted by the vast array of improvements his sale could have brought. He's had 15 straight pitcher of the year awards, a perfect game, and a no-hitter (which was in OL play) and earned almost 75,000 PP. Hey, in 80 more seasons he'll be at the break even point.

But then I thought, he's Cy Freakin' Young, more to me than just ratings. I've been hoping, with Steelport's addition of the same card, that they'd end up in the same league one year, but, alas, it seems that Magus Steinbrenner is gonna cut him loose.

In short, I'm on board with the obviously flawed view of seeing my players through a nostalgic lens. I guess that's why my teams have such a consistent record of "success."
It's a brutal decision to make. I'll never see a card of Cy's caliber again grace any of my teams, but I do have plans to replace with general adequacy down the line. A rotation of 99 Walter Johnson, 99 Greg Maddux, and 96 Roger Clemens alongside 94 Rick Reuschel and 89 Curt Simmons is pretty threatening if I can pull it off

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #5462
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

But....

Will you get to make a card like this?
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #5463
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Will you get to make a card like this?
I don't make cards like that anyway, nowhere near talented enough.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:48 PM   #5464
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

All Time Standings Through 2046

It seems OOTP is not posting playoff results anymore, so I guess this will have to do. There are five teams that could have their records adjusted slightly, if any results are ever posted. Had a brief window to check in before I'm out the door until this evening. It seems my two teams that were playoff contenders are both doing a late fade. Thankfully I won't be around to see it. Good luck to all.
Attached Images
Old 10-12-2019, 05:48 PM   #5465
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Hope Palolo and Kaneohe keep losing. Tacoma too.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:02 AM   #5466
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Melaka Sails to 4th Crown as Southside Slips in OL G360

The Armada posted an 11-5 final month to plunder their fourth crown, adding gold to their iron, bronze, silver trio. The Sluggers dropped 3-of-4 to slide into second.

In PT, OL grabbed half the playoff spots, despite yesterday's dire prediction. As many as three could be promoted. The Seattle Raniers struggled and will be headed to silver next season.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-13-2019, 06:09 AM   #5467
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Pablo Turn-around Cops Third Crown in OL D372

The Pandas finished strong, going 13-6 in the final sim to win their third crown.

In PT news, the playoffs will be an OL-only tournament, so there will be four teams headed to perfect next season. The Arkham Horrors and New York Patriots will going to gold.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-13-2019, 06:10 AM   #5468
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Melaka Finds Fourplay Fruitful

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 10-13-2019, 06:11 AM   #5469
Edster007
All Star Starter

Reno takes the Silver Crown

It is official and anti climatic, Reno wins the Silver OL title going away.

In PT play: Four of the five teams qualified for the playoffs, unfortunately O'Fallon who started the day within striking distance put up a 7-19 record in September.

In the AL Nico-Nico qualified as the top seed and will face the WC winner and in this case could be Northeast Corridor (NE went 19-7 in September and missed the division title by 1 game.)

In the NL Jefferson Valley will play the WC winner while Reno will take on the non-OL Tampa Red Birds.

A max of three teams can get promoted, nobody will be relegated.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:12 AM   #5470
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Pandas Pop Third Cork

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 10-13-2019, 08:52 AM   #5471
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
It is official and anti climatic, Reno wins the Silver OL title going away.

In PT play: Four of the five teams qualified for the playoffs, unfortunately O'Fallon who started the day within striking distance put up a 7-19 record in September.

In the AL Nico-Nico qualified as the top seed and will face the WC winner and in this case could be Northeast Corridor (NE went 19-7 in September and missed the division title by 1 game.)

In the NL Jefferson Valley will play the WC winner while Reno will take on the non-OL Tampa Red Birds.

A max of three teams can get promoted, nobody will be relegated.

heh.... yeah, I logged in last night to check on my Silver bunch to see them in the midst of a 15 game losing streak (ended up going 17).... not exactly how you want to finish up down the stretch... think that's the longest losing streak any of my teams have ever had in either PT version
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #5472
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Southern finishes strong to claim another OL title at the Perfect tier.

overall - in the AC, only Cigar City managed to make the post season from the OL side. For an almost mirror opposite on the NC side, it's an all-OL affair, with Southern claiming the top seed. They will await the winner of the Washington-Motown wild card match. The other NLDS pits Aina Haina versus Fargo.

relegations:

Clyde Truckers
Battery Point Energizer Bunnies
Waffletown Syrups
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:59 AM   #5473
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Reno Takes First Crown in OL S253

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 10-13-2019, 09:06 AM   #5474
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

OL S284 Anyone?

There were six teams from OL in S284 this season. I'm hoping someone will post the standings or send screen shots of the team vs. team reports for OL teams to kidheckett@gmail.com.

From looking at the universe screen, OL acquitted itself well, with Stephensville, Frankenthal, and Chi-Town winning their respective divisions, and Daytona Beach getting a wild card spot. Asheboro will be relegated to bronze. I've updated the Friends List for that and the Seattle Raniers to silver.

The four bronze teams were scattered, so there will be no bronze crown.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 10-13-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:29 AM   #5475
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Southern Three-peats for 8th Crown

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 10-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #5476
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
heh.... yeah, I logged in last night to check on my Silver bunch to see them in the midst of a 15 game losing streak (ended up going 17).... not exactly how you want to finish up down the stretch... think that's the longest losing streak any of my teams have ever had in either PT version
San Pedro had a run like that and the worst part was the PP I got for actually winning a game. I mean points are points but instead of PP meaning perfect points I felt like they were more like pity points.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #5477
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Energizer Bunnies recharge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Perfect league update:

relegations:

Clyde Truckers
Battery Point Energizer Bunnies
Waffletown Syrups
So, after 20 consecutive seasons in Perfect League, the Energizer Bunnies will move down to Diamond League next week. They are looking forward to recharging their batteries. Meanwhile, the Southpaws have their normally dominating regular season, so it is time for them for their annual playoff nosedive.

Last edited by allenciox; 10-13-2019 at 11:12 AM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #5478
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
So, after 20 consecutive seasons in Perfect League, the Energizer Bunnies will move down to Diamond League next week. They are looking forward to recharging their batteries. Meanwhile, the Southpaws have their normally dominating regular season, so it is time for them for their annual playoff nosedive.
Well, Aina Haina won't get swept! There's that at least. Sadly, Palolo and Kaneohe won't get relegated. Palolo has finally got their hands on Buck Ewing and are excited to unleash him next year.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #5479
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
There were six teams from OL in S284 this season. I'm hoping someone will post the standings or send screen shots of the team vs. team reports for OL teams to kidheckett@gmail.com.

From looking at the universe screen, OL acquitted itself well, with Stephensville, Frankenthal, and Chi-Town winning their respective divisions, and Daytona Beach getting a wild card spot. Asheboro will be relegated to bronze. I've updated the Friends List for that and the Seattle Raniers to silver.

The four bronze teams were scattered, so there will be no bronze crown.
Don't remember what tie-breakers are, or what the minimum number of games played to be considered for title is, so I'll just leave this here...

In non-OL news for Silver 284, the Retros and Towers are still alive in the Sub-League series, and will be advancing to Gold next week.
Attached Images

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #5480
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Promotions For Sure

To Gold: Chi-Town, Frankenthal, Jefferson Valley, Reno. Not sure about Nico-Nico because the universe screen hasn't been updated and they were tied 2-2.

To Diamond: Antique, Melaka, Redmond

To Perfect: Harlem, Chippewa, Janesville, Asylum ("We, who are about to die, salute you.")

All these, plus the relegations, have been updated on the Friends List, but it wouldn't hurt if someone doble checked it.

Have to run out for a bit, but I will surf the universe screen later to try and find out about the Bronze teams.