Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:52 PM   #61
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I don't care. I just think you are creating a problem for yourself where none exists. Tell me... were you banned for your actions or did you even receive a warning from the developers?
You do care. You care enough about me to try to prevent me from creating problems where none exist. Thank you for you compassion and your generosity.

Whether or not I was banned is immaterial. Members of this community clearly believed I was cheating, providing solid evidence that there is more than one interpretation to the TOS, especially if we accept the dev inaction in regards to my team as tacit approval of my unconventional tactics. This issue is clearly not as simple as you want it to be, which has been the crux of my argument against the TOS from the start.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:57 PM   #62
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
You do care. You care enough about me to try to prevent me from creating problems where none exist. Thank you for you compassion and your generosity.

Whether or not I was banned is immaterial. Members of this community clearly believed I was cheating, providing solid evidence that there is more than one interpretation to the TOS, especially if we accept the dev inaction in regards to my team as tacit approval of my unconventional tactics. This issue is clearly not as simple as you want it to be, which has been the crux of my argument against the TOS from the start.

Well, I would say if the TOS are lacking playing something else is a solid option. Honestly, you seem really bothered by this game.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:03 PM   #63
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Well, I would say if the TOS are lacking playing something else is a solid option. Honestly, you seem really bothered by this game.
I care about this game. I want to see it realize its full potential.

I'd quit these forums well before I'd quit this game.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:40 PM   #64
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
So are you saying it's tanking to sell off your best players and not replace them right away? Because if that's true, I just tanked one of my teams, and I intend to sell others when their collections come out.
This is not tanking.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:45 PM   #65
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess you are right.

Quote:
Whether or not I was banned is immaterial. Members of this community clearly believed I was cheating
So what? Who cares? You said yourself you would quit the forums before you would quit the game. So obviously, not being banned or even warned is more important than what some people on a forum think. You know whether you tanked or not. If you did, you deserve their disapproval. If not, then who cares what they think because they are wrong about you.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #66
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
So are you saying it's tanking to sell off your best players and not replace them right away? Because if that's true, I just tanked one of my teams, and I intend to sell others when their collections come out.
No, that's not what I'm saying. Once again, I'll try and put this as simply as possible.

The current ToS simply says you must try and win - and any attempt to lose is not allowed. The problem with that statement is there are a million ways people want to play this game (themes, rebuilds, restarts, etc.) and there simply is no way to know if what you want to do is going to be ok, or if your going to end up on someone's "wanted list". People sit around looking for infractions and the safe thing to do is not even try. The Devs start using adjectives to explain certain things that are ok - then players start using phrases like "be subtle" (which, by the way, means "don't get caught".

I don't care exactly how they do it, but the concept of "tanking" has to be limited by code - NOT a subjective review. Once the code limits how much you can change your team and when, then anything else the code doesn't stop you from doing is legal. In effect, the ToS is coded.

The example I've been proposing (and I'm not suggesting this is the best way) to add up the 25 man OVR ratings on Opening Day. Let's say thats 2,150. Game sets a limit of 10% maximum reduction until Saturday night. During the season, any attempt to reduce your total 25-man roster below 1,935 would be blocked. After the regular season is complete (Saturday night) the restriction is lifted - so if anyone wants to start the season with a new team of all Golds can do so on Sunday. Monday morning - Opening Day - the new team OVR total is taken for the next season.

And I don't care if they want to use OVR or anything else to accomplish something similar.

With this in place, there's no need to define "tanking" anymore. That's all I'm saying, and I don't understand why anyone who is trying to play within the current ToS rules would be against this.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #67
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Only someone who tanks would play dumb and not know what tanking is

nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote