Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-05-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Shop player around- too good offers??

I'm on trade difficulty hard and trade preference neutral. Just before the trade deadline year 1 trying to sell off guys on expiring contracts or which don't fit my plans etc.

For example for Travis d`arnaud, I could get a young closer, 4,5-star potential, less than 1 year service time of the last places White Sox.

For few months of 33 year old Todd Frazier, got I 4 star Alex Colome for at least 1,5 years also thanks to the noncontending White Sox. For Jeurys Familia and AAA SP Mickey Jannis, I got Alex Reyes 3,5 Star potential SP and Dakota Hudson, 3,5 Star RP/SP.

I remember last few years it used to be very difficult to get anything for such guys, they had little to no trade value, now I can get significant pieces for those guys. I really don't see what Frazier and d´Arnaud would do for a few months until their contracts expire for a rebuilding team.

What do you guys think? Maybe I could move trade preference to favour prospects but I feel it should be that easy even on neutral.
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #2
Tram2Whitaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome View Post
I'm on trade difficulty hard and trade preference neutral. Just before the trade deadline year 1 trying to sell off guys on expiring contracts or which don't fit my plans etc.

For example for Travis d`arnaud, I could get a young closer, 4,5-star potential, less than 1 year service time of the last places White Sox.

For few months of 33 year old Todd Frazier, got I 4 star Alex Colome for at least 1,5 years also thanks to the noncontending White Sox. For Jeurys Familia and AAA SP Mickey Jannis, I got Alex Reyes 3,5 Star potential SP and Dakota Hudson, 3,5 Star RP/SP.

I remember last few years it used to be very difficult to get anything for such guys, they had little to no trade value, now I can get significant pieces for those guys. I really don't see what Frazier and d´Arnaud would do for a few months until their contracts expire for a rebuilding team.

What do you guys think? Maybe I could move trade preference to favour prospects but I feel it should be that easy even on neutral.
Could it be that your scout is over- valuing these guys?
Old 07-05-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
Gruber_Tagged_Him
Minors (Triple A)

Just my observation: At the trade deadline, and during the pre-season, you can get a fantastic return using "Shop around" compared to any other time in the year.

I have a personal rule ("Don't abuse the AI") about this exact issue.

(This personal opinion based on a few years of OOTP at relatively low levels of activity until this summer, is subject to statistical demolition...)
Gruber_Tagged_Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:28 AM   #4
discodude5
Major Leagues

I do find some offers to be too good, 4* guys for my 1 1/2*.
I ignore those and take some time to go through ones that are kinda close with a general house rule with exceptions to only trade for a guy 1* higher. Then I put myself in their shoes looking at how my player fits,why their player is available and if it doesn't make sense I don't trade.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:41 AM   #5
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram2Whitaker View Post
Could it be that your scout is over- valuing these guys?
OOTP scouting is high on them too, also I got a new scouting director just the other day and he values them very similarly. Anyways for a last placed rebuilding team, an aging veteran on an expiring (expensive) contract shouldn't have any value, I even get them to take on the 500000k salary for the players they are offering me... something seems off there really.

l.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:34 AM   #6
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

I have been playing way more now and I'm still thinking offers are too good AND from teams that shouldn't be in for certain players, e.g. veterans last year of contract kind of guys. still all teams offer smth, also rebuilding ones offer their best prospects for a good vet. that is the main issue imo. shop player ignores if teams are rebuilding or win now mode, etc.

I guess i could apply house rules but I suck at it lol. Also since the game identifies rebuilding teams already can it be so difficult to get this into the trade logic.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk