Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:04 AM   #2121
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Diamond League playoffs. Good luck guys!
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:18 AM   #2122
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I'm not doing well in OL but if someone can give me a status on San Pedro's chase for the wild card in I154 it would be appreciated. I won't be able to get into the game until morning

Sad to say, but on the 23rd of September you were right in the hunt. 85-67, holding onto that final wildcard by half a game but then you lost five in a row. Three of those to that very team that was behind by half a game and it killed you. You actually went on to win the last five but by that point your destiny was out of your control.

My Philadelphia Athletic Club narrowly held on to win the division and will take on the OL's Mudville Muffins in the Division Series. Iron 154 Playoffs are below.
Attached Images
Old 06-09-2019, 03:38 AM   #2123
Goliathus
Major Leagues

@Magus978
I run 77 Hernandez. I think the difference is 77 has more contact, gap power and speed whereas the other one packs better power and slightly better defense(?). I would take that contact and speed all day long. It's not like 50+ power is huge anyway. Mine has a previous owner that ran him at gold level with decent results, having a 2.7 WAR on 2025. In my team, he has 4.8 WAR this season(and my ballpark this season is .9 on AVG and .9 on HR) and 4.6 WAR in my first OL season. Also hitting 10+ HR in two seasons for me, so the 45 power doesn't sound too bad.

------------------------------------------

I am not happy that Armada is in the playoff. I am happy about the extra PP but darn it, I hope I lose the division series. If I win the division series then I must win the CS so I can battle an OL team in the level series. That is at least something. I still want to face the Vikings more, as they still won more matchup this year and I really love to try and see if I can hoist their bats.

On the other hand, Cthulu drove my team into insanity last season and I still want to play more against them. Arkham Horrors could be on their way to Bronze next season so I guess if I win division series, I at least have something to look forward to in Bronze. Pirates has been raiding my ships as well this season so I guess either of them I am happy to see on Bronze or Iron, depending on where I end up.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:46 AM   #2124
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Honestly, I'd wait until Monday so you get the full week of Entry Pool play + points. Then it'll be time to show the kids a thing or two

They already moved both teams to Bronze and could be in Silver by the time I get to Iron league. Last I checked they both made the playoffs.
I may need to take the jump and accept a tougher challenge trying to build a team with fewer points and try to hunt for their teams and some treasures along the way.

In this regard, please help me add the following new team to Iron league:

Sad Hill Hunters (SAD+) - username: mooch

Logo (only had a few minutes) is inspired by the movie "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" and the final showdown scene at the "Sad Hill cemetery".
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 06-09-2019 at 03:57 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 04:00 AM   #2125
joehart
All Star Starter

here is a quick snapshot of the Bronze league playoffs.
Quite a few OL teams presented in the playoffs...good luck to all.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2019, 05:47 AM   #2126
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Palolo Cops Third Crown

The Puppies scampered through September at a +.700 clip to win their third Our League crown.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 06-09-2019 at 05:48 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:01 AM   #2127
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Puppies Made it a "Ruff" Year for OL Foes

The first crown of the season.
Attached Images
Old 06-09-2019, 06:19 AM   #2128
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Honestly, I'd wait until Monday so you get the full week of Entry Pool play + points. Then it'll be time to show the kids a thing or two

Also, yeesh...Valdez finished 13-14 with a 5.60 ERA. 21-27 with a 4.80 ERA in two silver seasons. There are two other Valdez's in the league who are competent, yet I get the completely broken one. W-O-O-F.
Wait 'til Monday. I have made a ton of PP this week in the Entry league for my 2 new OL teams. I need you to make a team so that I have a chance against one of your family. Those kids rock!
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:19 AM   #2129
Edster007
All Star Starter

San Pedro wraps up its second season posting 90 wins missing the wild card by 2 games this season and in a tie breaking 163rd game last season. Slow starts both seasons put the team behind the eight ball. May look to get a little more offense in the AH but I'm also ok standing pat to start next season

My 1970's based team the Knights finished at 85-77, but 22-7 in Sept/Oct, the only 29 games played by the roster that will debut in OL tomorrow. Having a full week of entry league and getting a couple of cards that sold (Gehrig/Mitch Harris) has helped but at times the AH is kind of thin on 1970's cards in my price range.

Good luck to all in the playoffs today.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:06 AM   #2130
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Wait 'til Monday. I have made a ton of PP this week in the Entry league for my 2 new OL teams. I need you to make a team so that I have a chance against one of your family. Those kids rock!

I am going to enjoy this team.
See you on Monday in Iron league.

With just one day of Entry league play I get to try out a few more different cheap players instead of jumping directly to the more well known ones.

Hardest part will be to remove the live players since the starter packs provided very little in terms of quality historical players.

Gold card was 3B Historical Beltre.
I don’t believe we ever had him on any of our teams before.
I may have to sell him though to get league compliant on Sunday.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #2131
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
San Pedro wraps up its second season posting 90 wins missing the wild card by 2 games this season and in a tie breaking 163rd game last season. Slow starts both seasons put the team behind the eight ball. May look to get a little more offense in the AH but I'm also ok standing pat to start next season

My 1970's based team the Knights finished at 85-77, but 22-7 in Sept/Oct, the only 29 games played by the roster that will debut in OL tomorrow. Having a full week of entry league and getting a couple of cards that sold (Gehrig/Mitch Harris) has helped but at times the AH is kind of thin on 1970's cards in my price range.

Good luck to all in the playoffs today.

A small welcoming gift.
Attached Images
Old 06-09-2019, 08:29 AM   #2132
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I am going to enjoy this team.
See you on Monday in Iron league.

With just one day of Entry league play I get to try out a few more different cheap players instead of jumping directly to the more well known ones.

Hardest part will be to remove the live players since the starter packs provided very little in terms of quality historical players.

Gold card was 3B Historical Beltre.
I don’t believe we ever had him on any of our teams before.
I may have to sell him though to get league compliant on Sunday.
I know it will hurt to sell Beltre. I am glad that you will start in Iron with my Strangers and Falcons. However, I do feel your pain of trying to get OL compliant and get a little better in only about 36 hours or so. Good luck!
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #2133
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
A small welcoming gift.
That looks like the logo for the Disco Destroyers!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #2134
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold league update:

In the NC Central, the Ocala Thoroughbreds made a run at the end of the season (including taking 2 of 3 from Cooper in the final series) to finish the season in a tie with Cooper and forcing a tie-breaker to see who got the crown and who went to the wild-card. Ocala pulled out a 5-4 win in the 163rd game of the year to secure the division crown.

CliffMarkle maintained their position just ahead of the 2nd relegation spot to ensure another year at the Gold level.

Waffletown stumbled badly down the stretch (8-19 in September) and dropped 7 games back in the AC East, but still managed to finish in 2nd place with their dismal 76-86 record.

Cooper will be the lone OL representative in the 2029 playoffs at the Gold level:
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #2135
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Final B249 Standings

Everybody's doing the Pickleball! Congratulations to Daytona Beach for winning the Bronze OL crown!

In the B249 playoffs:

Daytona Beach plays in the AC wild card game.
Seattle faces the winner of the wild card game in the AC
Redmond plays Asheboro in a NC division series.

Good luck to all.

Code:
Our League Standings - B249 - 2029			
			 W	 L	 Pct
DB Pickleballers	28	15	.651
Asheboro Road Dogs	18	10	.643
Seattle Endless Summer	24	20	.545
Ozark Bobcats		21	20	.512
Motown Stars		17	18	.486
Philadelphia Patriots	15	21	.417
Janesville Onyx		14	20	.412
Redmond Defenders	11	16	.407
Frankenthal Retros	17	25	.405

x
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-09-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:06 AM   #2136
Magus978
All Star Starter

Re: 77 Keith...

Got beaten on an auction, and the only other one up right now has absurd prices that I actually think it's gonna hit. Auction house in general is a disgrace in how overpriced everything is right now, and even worse that people are actually giving in and paying up. Hopefully it comes down after collections come out, because as it is now adding key pieces (and selling in some cases) is just IMPOSSIBLE.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-09-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #2137
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I154 Final Update

The Horrors once again bring home the Iron Crown. Horrible times for everyone!

In the Iron playoffs:

Melaka plays in an AC division series.
Fancher Creek plays in the NC wild card game.
Arkham faces the winner of the NC wild card game
Philadelphia and Mudville face off in a NC division series.

We are guaranteed to have either Philadelphia or Mudville advance to the sub-league series, and therefore the team that advances will be promoted to Bronze.

Good luck to all.

Code:
Our League Standings - I154 - 2029			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Arkham Horrors		38	18	.679
Mudville Muffins	33	21	.611
NZ Silver Ferns		32	24	.571
Melaka Armada		12	12	.500
Phi Athletic Club	33	35	.485
San Pedro Cerranos	10	11	.476
Victoria Vikings	31	38	.449
Fancher Creek Pirates	29	40	.420
Gotham Knights		 8	12	.400
Stephensville Bears	21	36	.368

x
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-09-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #2138
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Re: 77 Keith...

Got beaten on an auction, and the only other one up right now has absurd prices that I actually think it's gonna hit. Auction house in general is a disgrace in how overpriced everything is right now, and even worse that people are actually giving in and paying up. Hopefully it comes down after collections come out, because as it is now adding key pieces (and selling in some cases) is just IMPOSSIBLE.
It seems to me that people list many cards with wildly high prices on Sunday, hoping that a team that's in the playoffs will be desperate to pay way over the average price for that piece that may put them over the top.

I guarantee you will be able to pick that card up for a reasonable price if you're patient and just keep watching over the next couple of days.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #2139
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I agree with Charlatan. Best time to buy cards are Monday to Wednesday. More choices (usually) and good price.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #2140
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Yes!.. Finally did it!..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote