Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
Bansheerie
Bat Boy

Federal Hockey League needs fixing?

So here I am again to report something strange.

Started a new game, signed up with the Prowlers of FHL. Went to look for free agents and lo and behold! 3/2,5-star guys stream towards me in happy crowds willing to play for average of $4000 per season (because that's the average salary on the FHL teams). As a result, I get a completely overpowered (for FHL) team that gets 69 shots against 2 and wins the first pre-season game 8:0.

While I was in the process of free agents signing, some guys, naturally, refused to sign with my team, but of all of those who agreed, only a few asked even for $5,500-6000 salary, while the majority were happy with 4K. When I compare this with my previous game's seasons with HK Nitra of Tipsport Liga, I had to offer 3-star Nic Dowd $268K to make him sign, so I think this issue needs to be addressed.

Last edited by Bansheerie; 02-22-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Bansheerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'll take a look at it. Is this happening with a full slate of playable leagues, or do you have some turned to unplayable?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:29 AM   #3
Bansheerie
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I'll take a look at it. Is this happening with a full slate of playable leagues, or do you have some turned to unplayable?
Yes, all playable leagues are on. Challenge and commissioner modes are off.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
Bansheerie
Bat Boy

UPD
A bit further into the season; some teams seem to have improved to the point they're almost on par with mine, but others are still desperately outgunned. I doubt that it's meant to be like that, at least not to such an extent.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:07 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like some of the financial data for the league wasn't quite right, that may be what's enabling some of the odd signings. I'll make some changes there for the update.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:18 AM   #6
Bansheerie
Bat Boy

Thanks Jeff!

By now I can tell that the issue is really that some teams come out underpowered for the season. For instance, North Shore Knights and Carolina Thunderbirds lose their games with scores generally 11:0 or even 18:3, while others like Dunville or Danbery put up a serious fight.