Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
ggkelley@live.com
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Historical League

I bought OOTP 18 to create and play with teams from different eras in the same league, i.e., the 61 Yankees in the same division as the 99 Yankees, etc. If anyone knows how to do this please advise me. It is so much easier to do in Baseball Mogul. It is possible, right?
ggkelley@live.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:23 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkelley@live.com View Post
I bought OOTP 18 to create and play with teams from different eras in the same league, i.e., the 61 Yankees in the same division as the 99 Yankees, etc. If anyone knows how to do this please advise me. It is so much easier to do in Baseball Mogul. It is possible, right?
It is possible, but I'm not sure how to do it. In the meantime I'll give this thread a bump and hope somebody comes along who does know.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Kind of hard to find in the manual, but check out this page.

http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/...ctional_wizard

In the screenshot for Step 2, you can see the blue bar which reads: switch to historical team selection

Clicking on it will allow you to take your fictional league structure and fill it with different historical teams.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #4
italyprof
All Star Reserve

pstrickert is right. First, set up a Fictional League, but in step two - to avoid ending up with fictional teams and players, where you have to specify how many divisions with how many teams you want, click "Switch to historical team selection". Then click on the drop-down arrow to select the season you want. Then click on the link on the left that says "Refresh season" or refresh team list or something like that, so you get the teams from that year, and select the team or teams from that season you want. Then repeat for each year that you want a team from.

Then, go to League settings under the MLB menu and then "Change league Structure" and put the teams in the divisions you want them in.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote