Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

College

Researchers:

NCAA: Adam Oates
Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
Astark
Bat Boy

Danny O'Regan appears on BU's roster twice, as does Sam Kurker.
Ross Gaudet no longer plays for BU. He is also born in Burlington, MA, not OH as listed in-game.
Kelvin Gilroy also graduated last season, no longer plays for BU.
Cason Hohmann birthplace listed as Plymouth, CA, was born in Arlington, TX.
Corey Trivino was kicked off Terriers last season, not plays somewhere in ECHL I think.
BU is missing Matt Lane, Mike Moran, Matt O'Connor, Nick Breed, Jake Moscatel, Matt Grzleyck (sp?)
Sean Escobedo was born in Bayside, NY, not WI as listed.
Evan Rodrigues was born in Toronto, Ontario and is Canadian, not Freedom, PA as listed.

Also, colleges shouldn't have salaries, but I guess that's just a part of the game system?

Last edited by Astark; 03-04-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
gopherguy75
Bat Boy

College Hockey Changes in 2013-14

I am new to this whole forum thing but I could not find anyone who has mentioned this yet... by the time this game is actually released College Hockey in the United States will have changed a lot. There are new Conferences and Conferences that will no longer be, I was just giving a heads up... I am sure you guys know this already and have more important things to do with the game but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Laters...
Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherguy75 View Post
I am new to this whole forum thing but I could not find anyone who has mentioned this yet... by the time this game is actually released College Hockey in the United States will have changed a lot. There are new Conferences and Conferences that will no longer be, I was just giving a heads up... I am sure you guys know this already and have more important things to do with the game but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Laters...
Yup, the NCAA is set up as a single league instead of multiple leagues (one per conference) with exactly that in mind - it's much easier to change internal structure in one league than rearrange a bunch of different leagues.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #5
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yup, the NCAA is set up as a single league instead of multiple leagues (one per conference) with exactly that in mind - it's much easier to change internal structure in one league than rearrange a bunch of different leagues.
Not for version 1, but will OOTP style associations be possible eventually (preferably, in the end, with more features than OOTP 13 had)?

Old 03-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
Primis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Danny DeKeyser for Western Mich. is a defenseman, not a LW. DeKeyser is a hugely notable player in the DB (he was courted to sign in the NHL last offseason but came back).

I'll leave the rest alone. DeKeyser is a big name though, and wrong position is a big thing.

For some reason Minnesota is in Hockey East? Is this just temporary because they'll be in the Big Ten next year anyways?
Old 06-15-2013, 03:01 AM   #7
Patman
Bat Boy

UMass prefers to go by Massachusetts... I prefer that a giant sinkhole swallows the campus. If they can spare the hangar (aka Wings Over... but with beer), great.

None of the letter codes make sense... unsure if this is intentional or not. I can whip something up quickly. Done it before, imagine I'll have to do it again.

Still hoping this will be playable eventually but I know the NCAA is sort of its own little monster in terms of rules and tournaments and the rest.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #8
Rokiu
Bat Boy

Just wondering, will the College be like this at release? I mean, doesnt the NCAA have some strict rules for the usage of the identity of their players as they are student athletes?

I think of NCAA football where players have either numbers as identity or generic names. And even there, they've had legal issues:

Sam Keller: A Threat to EA Sports, the NCAA....and Hollywood? - MMChrisS's Blog - Operation Sports
Old 06-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokiu View Post
Just wondering, will the College be like this at release? I mean, doesnt the NCAA have some strict rules for the usage of the identity of their players as they are student athletes?

I think of NCAA football where players have either numbers as identity or generic names. And even there, they've had legal issues:

Sam Keller: A Threat to EA Sports, the NCAA....and Hollywood? - MMChrisS's Blog - Operation Sports
If the NCAA owns their player's names then they should pay them for all the millions upon millions of dollars the players make for their schools on a yearly basis.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Rokiu
Bat Boy

Actually they don't own their players names. Players own their own name but their name must not be the base of any profit as they are student athletes and not only professionnal athletes.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually they don't own their players names. Players own their own name but their name must not be the base of any profit as they are student athletes and not only professionnal athletes.
The NCAA is making a profit on player's names(jersey's,etc).

How many Tim Tebow jersey's did the U of Florida sell when he played?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 06-20-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
Rokiu
Bat Boy

I might be wrong but the colleges get around this by allowing to customise a Jersey. Never checked but im pretty sure you couldnt grab a Gator's jersey with the name of Tebow right from the hangers like you would be able for his PAtriots jersey.

I'm not looking to argue if its moral or not, if they should or not. But im just inviting the Devs to check out about these legal issues so they can avoid any problem with their product.

NCAA Football franchise from EA get around this with allowing the users to customise the roster, which is already the case with FHM.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I might be wrong but the colleges get around this by allowing to customise a Jersey. Never checked but im pretty sure you couldnt grab a Gator's jersey with the name of Tebow right from the hangers like you would be able for his PAtriots jersey.

I'm not looking to argue if its moral or not, if they should or not. But im just inviting the Devs to check out about these legal issues so they can avoid any problem with their product.

NCAA Football franchise from EA get around this with allowing the users to customise the roster, which is already the case with FHM.
I think you just answered your own question. Fully editable .
Old 06-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #14
Rokiu
Bat Boy

I did, but it is important that FHM doesnt come out of the box with real life NCAA rosters i believe
Old 06-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #15
Patman
Bat Boy

Quote:

I suppose that depends on whether or not OOTP does or doesn't and if they don't then why?

----

Of course, there are ways around this... like stuffing a team full of randoms or creating teams that are roughly correct in terms of strength but identifiable as such. Like I expect Lowell to be junior/senior laden and largely reflective of a team that went to the frozen four after buzzsawing through their league schedule (yes, bad early half... whatever.)

----

The real question is what is the difference between likeness and publically available information. One could just view this like fantasy sports which I believe got past their lawsuits without much damage.

Last edited by Patman; 06-21-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

I think the NHL rights for Kenny Agostino of Yale are set wrong in the game. He should belong to the Flames but in my last game I noticed him signing a contract with Pittsburgh. I haven't checked what he looks like when the game starts so it's possible he somehow became a free agent and signed with the Pens but I doubt it.