Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 01-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
Danbgs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Rare plays

I really enjoy the occasional rare play's, dropped third strikes, balks etc. Last season my third baseman used the hidden ball trick to tag a runner out who had just hit a triple! What unusual plays have you had?
Danbgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

I've had one triple play in about 15 seasons.
I've been simming lately so haven't been able to keep up with all the fun stuff that happens on the field, like the time the batted ball hit a runner and he was called out.
What I've never seen is a runner caught in a rundown, which I would think would show up every once in a while.
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
johan25
Minors (Single A)

It was the bottom of the 16th, with a man on first and third, down 6-5 I think. My best hitter was coming up to bat with 0 outs. My best stealer was on first so I was like why not and told him to steal on the first pitch. Well the other teams catcher misses the pitch so one run scores and the other guy ends up at third(yea I really don't know how). So then all I need is a sac fly and my batter hits one deep to the outfield, so im thinking there we go sac fly. But it was an error on the fielder and my batter gets an inside the park homerun. Way to end a game!
johan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #4
IAmC
Major Leagues

For the first time in 5 simming seasons, I had a runner (opposing team) called out on second for missing first base. Nice touch.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Danbgs
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No doubt a inside the park homer is exciting, I've had one, but there shouldn't have been one in your case because the winning run had already scored. The game doesn't handle walk off hits properly, they should be scored as singles, except for out of the park homers

Last edited by Danbgs; 01-23-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Not finished
Danbgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
johan25
Minors (Single A)

Technically speaking it was an error, but it was still pretty cool
johan25 is offline   Reply With Quote