Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 04-15-2010, 03:39 AM   #1
bwhansen
Minors (Double A)

Changing Nations and Cities for one league

Hopefully somebody who's more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the game can answer this for me (or perhaps suggest an alternative that would work).

I would like to create one league that doesn't utilize the whole nations and cities files. I'm wondering if the following would work.

Copy nations.txt and cities.txt files
Edit the files in the database to my satisfaction
Create my one league
Restore nations.txt and cities.txt files

Would this work to create my one league and also not affect any other leagues (current or future)?
bwhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
bwhansen
Minors (Double A)

Okay based off another thread I gave this a try and it didn't work out. I must be missing something.

I copied the cities and nations files to another directory and then edited the files in the database. For the nations file I left only the US. For the cities files I left only the cities for one particular state.

I created my league but couldnt select a nation for the league to play in. Which in turn wouldnt allow the teams to have nations either. I went ahead and continued to create the league.

After creation I found none of the teams had cities (which makes sense when there wasnt a nation selected. I also found that all players available for the inaugural draft were named Joe Unknown (which probably also makes some sense).

What am I missing to get this to work.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

If you are trying to make a league with one state's cities, I'd suggest making a new country of that state and setting foreigner % to zero when you create your league. That's what I did, except I collected 9 states' cities into the new country.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
bwhansen
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the idea. That seems like it would be easier than doing it the way I was trying.

I also figured out my problem, when changing the nations file I deleted the header record at the top. When I added that back in everything worked great.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

I made a league in just Michigan. (After making backups of the originals) I edited both the nations.txt and the cities.txt. In the nations.txt I deleted every county but the US. In the cities.txt I deleted every city but the ones in Michigan. It works great. Players only come from Michigan.

I used TextPad for the editing and it tooks less than a minute to make all of the changes.

The new schools.txt can also be edited to go along with this.
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys

Last edited by cephasjames; 04-18-2010 at 08:57 AM.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
bwhansen
Minors (Double A)

Thats actually what I did with the nations and cities files. Didnt think of doing it to the schools file though.