Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Rebuilding Title Bout

Considering all that's been said here by Andreas and company, it looks like a golden opportunity to completely rebuild Title Bout. Faced with the ever-changing array of new devices, how will the Team come up with a design that will work on small, medium and large screens? I just saw a pic of Samsung's new Galaxy Tab and it appears to be about the size of the cover of a large paperback novel. To me, this is just about the right size for a device to be used by commuters like me. My company has decided to move farther away from my home, and this will add at least an hour to my travel time each way, so more time to be filled. Once the dust settles on the tablet wars, I'd like to pick something that I could use to play a new updated version of Title Bout.

So, how radical a change can we expect from the soon-to-be-established design team? There's got to be something there to attract new users, people who maybe don't even follow boxing, because they are being bombarded with UFC/MMA propaganda on a daily basis.

Cap
Old 09-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

I'd pay triple if it included MMA too.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

this game have a lot of potencial because theres not market of boxing games!! on pc and managment mode!! so they can have a lot of money over here..
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWillisTheMan View Post
I'd pay triple if it included MMA too.
Sad. That says a lot about the state of the sport. If "Title Bout Championship Boxing" needs an MMA component to succeed the sport is in bad shape. Maybe they could add a pro-wrasslin' component too.

Cap
Old 09-04-2010, 08:05 AM   #5
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier_83 View Post
this game have a lot of potencial because theres not market of boxing games!! on pc and managment mode!! so they can have a lot of money over here..
I should think that Latin America and Spain would be untapped markets that OOTP could explore.

Cap
Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Sad. That says a lot about the state of the sport. If "Title Bout Championship Boxing" needs an MMA component to succeed the sport is in bad shape. Maybe they could add a pro-wrasslin' component too.

Cap

I think it's incredibly sad that people think to be a Boxing fan you have to hate MMA. I didn't say it was needed, I'll buy it anyway. I played the board game for about 15 years.I guarantee you that nobody on this or any other site has spent more of their life on Boxing. Why must I not enjoy MMA as well? They aren't competing with each other except for on message boards.

But it would do better business for the makers and I would love to play the MMA side as well.

And I wouldn't be mad if Ric Flair made an appearance either. That was a really snotty response.

Last edited by PWillisTheMan; 09-04-2010 at 09:48 PM.
PWillisTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:51 AM   #7
Tommysixfingers
All Star Starter

Last edited by Tommysixfingers; 09-05-2010 at 03:19 AM.
Tommysixfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

titlebout is about boxing. I doubt if there is a market out there for a text simulation of MMA since fans of that tend to be younger and those interested in text sims are most likely above 40. All of that said, I watch MMA on occasion, mostly when Matt Hamill fights due to him living where I do, but I don't particularly like the sport. I think it is one step above bar room brawling with more dangerous people. Boxing has a pedigree, MMA is obnoxious.

Last edited by IceTea; 09-10-2010 at 12:58 PM.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
titlebout is about boxing. I doubt if there is a market out there for a text simulation of MMA since fans of that tend to be younger and those interested in text sims are most likely above 40. All of that said, I watch MMA on occasion, mostly when Matt Hamill fights due to him living where I do, but do not particularly like the sport. I think it is one step above bar room brawling with more dangerous people. Boxing has a pedigree. MMA is obnoxious.
I think either Wolverine or Greydog produces a MMA text-based sim. One of those companies also produces a pro wrestling sim.

I don't think liking boxing means you "should" or "have to" hate MMA. I would just like to have one good boxing text-based sim that grows over time. I want that sim to be TBCB.

It seems that in the public eye, MMA has completely overtaken boxing, and to me that's sad. Much of that is boxing's fault--see the thread on Arum, King and all the other sleazy promoters.

MMA is better marketed, and has that in-your-face strut and flash and bluster that younger people want. Most of the matches I've seen are over quickly, and these days, people have very short attention spans and more of a need for instant self-gratification.

I do watch MMA sometimes, trying to figure out why so many people like it. I also watch pro wrestling, and am amazed that arenas like the one here in Cleveland can have WWE nights that are sold out [or nearly so], when boxing draws at best a couple thousand and is hardly promoted at all.

I for one would not want to play a boxing sim that has an MMA option. I don't hate MMA; I just don't like it very much. For those who do, more power to them.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #10
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
titlebout is about boxing. I doubt if there is a market out there for a text simulation of MMA since fans of that tend to be younger and those interested in text sims are most likely above 40. All of that said, I watch MMA on occasion, mostly when Matt Hamill fights due to him living where I do, but do not particularly like the sport. I think it is one step above bar room brawling with more dangerous people. Boxing has a pedigree. MMA is obnoxious.

They are out there, Lee owns one you could ask him more. There are a couple of universes on here including MMA so they have been around for a while. I never bought one because it wouldn't compel me as much as TB. But I watch every UFC and the skills are very involved. More so than Boxing. Though nothing tops 12 great rounds of Boxing and it will always be ahead of MMA for me.

I wasn't suggesting that it be included, just mentioned that I would love a double game like that. The logistics would be a nightmare. I honestly just tire of whining about MMA from Boxing fans. It's redundant and pointless. When I don't care for a sport I don't watch it or talk about it.

Last edited by PWillisTheMan; 09-06-2010 at 12:00 AM.
PWillisTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
Bam Bam
All Star Starter

I hate to be a skeptic but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect anything new from OOTP in the form of boxing for at least another 2-3 years. I know "it's in the works" and all that happy talk but try not to get your selves disappointed fellas. We've been down this road before haven't we? No offense to the devs on this one, I'm just not holding my breath anymore around here.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #12
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
I hate to be a skeptic but I don't think it's unrealistic to expect anything new from OOTP in the form of boxing for at least another 2-3 years. I know "it's in the works" and all that happy talk but try not to get your selves disappointed fellas. We've been down this road before haven't we? No offense to the devs on this one, I'm just not holding my breath anymore around here.
Right now its diferent because we have paul and he is working with the code right now
Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 PM   #13
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier_83 View Post
Right now its diferent because we have paul and he is working with the code right now
Agreed!
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 PM   #14
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
Considering all that's been said here by Andreas and company, it looks like a golden opportunity to completely rebuild Title Bout. Faced with the ever-changing array of new devices, how will the Team come up with a design that will work on small, medium and large screens? I just saw a pic of Samsung's new Galaxy Tab and it appears to be about the size of the cover of a large paperback novel. To me, this is just about the right size for a device to be used by commuters like me. My company has decided to move farther away from my home, and this will add at least an hour to my travel time each way, so more time to be filled. Once the dust settles on the tablet wars, I'd like to pick something that I could use to play a new updated version of Title Bout.

Cap
Yeah I saw that & it does look pretty small. If the new TBCB works on Apple products, it will give me the perfect excuse to buy the new iPad. I think that size is ideal - the screen should be just large enough & easy to take that anyplace to sim my fights.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #15
Tommysixfingers
All Star Starter

It is Greydog Software that produces World Of MMA. Right now they are working on a 3rd installment of the game. Pretty good games with a couple of flaws that I hope they correct this time around.

One aspect wher TB is far better is the heart of the whole game, the fight engine. Rarely do I get results in TB that I couldn't believe.

I still want a pure boxing sim though and I have high hopes for the next TB. I would rather buy two wellproduced games for each sport than a so and so game that they've tried to cram as many sports as possible in.

Last edited by Tommysixfingers; 09-07-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Tommysixfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #16
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixfingers View Post
It is Greydog Software that produces World Of MMA. Right now they are working on a 3rd installment of the game. Pretty good games with a couple of flaws that I hope they correct this time around.

One aspect wher TB is far better is the heart of the whole game, the fight engine. Rarely do I get results in TB that I couldn't believe.

I still want a pure boxing sim though and I have high hopes for the next TB. I would rather buy two wellproduced games for each sport than a so and so game that they've tried to cram as many sports as possible in.
Good points & you're right - I can usually see most of my results happening in real life.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:53 AM   #17
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Yeahh the realistic of tb its unique
Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 AM   #18
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Until Title Bout add role playing or a career mode I will never again purchase it. I feel the game now is doing all it can do and is essentially something that a well produced Flash based game could do.
Having all your fights in a vacuum is boring and having to simulate every other aspect of the sport yourself is tedious.

I would pay a high amount for a boxing game that had any sort of career mode.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #19
BigFiasco
Minors (Triple A)

same. ive enjoyed tb for years in its current incarnation. Put ALOT of hours into creating my own universes over the years. That said, its gotten a bit stale just the same.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #20
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
having to simulate every other aspect of the sport yourself is tedious.
As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with this statement. Lately I've been trying to think of new ways to speed up the running of my TGPiS uni 'cause I'm getting kinda burnt out with it. Not the uni itself, just the time and effort that goes into keeping it moving along.

I know that, compared to the old board game, we have it pretty good now. But still, I'm currently running an OOTP8 dynasty and it's nice to have the game do all the work for you.
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote