Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 09-16-2019, 01:16 PM   #1
koohead
Hall Of Famer

30 teams, 2 sub leagues, 2 divisions?

I'd really like to change MLB back into a East/West configuration with 8 teams in both East Divisions and 7 in the West Divisions. When I do this, the game's built in schedule generator only gives me a schedule that ranges from 150-154 games (weird that teams play different number of games). Anyone have a schedule that would handle this config? Basically I think it would be designated as S1D1T8D2T7S2D1T8D2T7.
thx
Old 09-16-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

I'm surprised we don't already have one like this in the master list - I'll give it a go.

By the way, the reason that teams are playing unexpected numbers of games is that the in-game schedule generator is extremely limited. It can't even schedule interleague games, so giving it a league with an odd number of teams in each subleague basically guarantees that it will spit out something broken (unless you have the MLB setup so it can use IRL schedules). At any given time, only 14 of the 15 teams in each league are actually playing, and the team who is off is basically given games against a "bye" opponent, which count towards the 162 games in the schedule but not in the standings. Why they've let this continue to happen in every version of OOTP is beyond me.

Anyway, here's what I'm gonna try for this schedule:

For the Easts:
14-15 games vs each division opponent (102 games total; varying H/A splits but at least 6 games in each city)
6 games vs 7 league opponents (42 games total)
18 interleague games (varying opponents, probably some from either division)

And for the Wests:
16 games vs 6 division opponents (96 games total - either 7H/9A or 9H/7A to make the number of total series correct)
6 games vs 8 league opponents (48 games total)
18 interleague games (varying opponents, probably some from either division)

That thankfully works out nicely to the exact length of the current MLB schedule - last weekend in March through first weekend in October, theoretically.

Last edited by Ruwisc; 09-16-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:11 PM   #3
koohead
Hall Of Famer

awesome. Thanks...looking forward to see what you come up with.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:53 AM   #4
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Really happy with how this schedule turned out.
--------
Schedule for 30 teams, 162 games
Designed for this configuration: two subleagues of two divisions each, both with 8 teams in the first division and 7 in the second (so 8-7-8-7)
--------
For teams in the 8-team divisions:
14 games each against 3 division opponents (7H/7A in four series)
15 games each against the other 4 division opponents (either 6H/9A or 9H/6A in five series)
6 games each against 7 league opponents (3H/3A)
3 games each against 6 randomly selected interleague opponents (3H or 3A; at least two teams played from each interleague division)

For teams in the 7-team divisions:
16 games each against 6 division opponents (either 9H/7A or 7H/9A in five series)
6 games each against 8 league opponents (3H/3A)
3 games each against 6 randomly selected interleague opponents (3H or 3A; at least two teams played from each interleague division)
--------
Season begins on the first Friday starting from March 29, and ends on the first Sunday from September 29. This is one day shorter than an actual MLB schedule, which begins on the preceding Thursday
All-Star Game is scheduled on day 103 of the schedule, which is a Tuesday in early-mid July
Most interleague games are played before the All-Star break, but obviously not all since some interleague series need to be going on at all times. Similarly, there are more divisional games played after the break than before
--------
All games begin at either 7:10 PM or 1:10 PM
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday games are all at 7:10
Sunday games are all at 1:10
Saturday games are a mix between the two
Thursday games begin at 7:10 PM unless it's the final game of a 4-game series, in which case it's played at 1:10
--------
Road trips and homestands have not been extensively tested, but I didn't see anything longer than 12 games and anything longer than 9 games should be pretty rare.
--------

EDIT: fixed errors in which teams were playing each other in consecutive series; should be good now. There is still one pair of teams who play each other both right before and right after the all-star break, but I don't find that too critical.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D2_T8_T7_SL2_D2_T8_T7.lsdl (118.4 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by Ruwisc; 09-20-2019 at 04:08 AM.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:42 AM   #5
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Thank you so much for this work! Appreciate it!
Old 09-21-2019, 01:57 AM   #6
koohead
Hall Of Famer

thank you

just wanted to say thank you again. Loaded the schedule up in the game and it looks great. no weird off days, start times are all as you stated. looking forward to playing with my new MLB alignment and playoff system!