Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-20-2017, 02:56 PM   #21
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoch View Post
Even with the currency exchange, it's still at $48.58 CAD?

No discount for us eskimos?
It's rounded up because we don't have pennies anymore
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #22
CFFC
Bat Boy

Very excited for this and love the ability to have more customization over leagues.

Two questions:

1. Will we be able to create custom minor leagues or still only major leagues?

2. In Commissioner mode, do we get to decide expansion and relocation? And will there be a way to create an "almanac" similar to the one in OOTP? I love to play decades of seasons as Commish and then go back and view a file with years upon years of scores and stats. I guess that's really three questions. Sorry!

Thanks!
CFFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:18 PM   #23
Nino33
Major Leagues

Can we use real historical players in fictional leagues?

If we can, is there a "random debut" feature too so the created fictional league can be continue to be populated by real players (at least until the real players run out)?
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #24
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post

In addition, try one of FHM 4’s 30 new historical challenges (one per NHL® team) and see if you can repeat, or improve on, such successes as Montreal’s 1950s dynasty, Philadelphia’s 1970s expansion wins, and Vancouver’s wild ride to the 1982 Stanley Cup® Final!
Why 82? We got swept that year, 94 was better. It doesn't count unless we riot
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:24 PM   #25
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Definitely something to be excited about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebatman View Post
"FHM 4 features even more ways to set up a league. In additional to pre-configured structures, choose the number of conferences and divisions in your league, its schedule length, and the number of teams" <------ That is my personal favorite line, went and preordered right away, Im excited now for it, great job guys!
Yup, this is the reason I'm coming back this year. I didn't really play FHM2 because of the lack of options and didn't even buy FHM3 since they didn't fix it. Now I'm all in! I hope the playoffs are customizable too.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #26
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFFC View Post
Very excited for this and love the ability to have more customization over leagues.

Two questions:

1. Will we be able to create custom minor leagues or still only major leagues?
Yes - you do have to match the number of teams in the top-level league, though. But the conference/division structure and schedule length can be completely different.

Quote:
2. In Commissioner mode, do we get to decide expansion and relocation? And will there be a way to create an "almanac" similar to the one in OOTP? I love to play decades of seasons as Commish and then go back and view a file with years upon years of scores and stats. I guess that's really three questions. Sorry!
Yes, you can expand and relocate in commissioner mode (there's not a specific "relocation" mechanism, you'd have to adjust the city, arena, etc. yourself). No almanac yet, but one of the things that got cut for time in the summer was the addition of a large number of additional team reports (like OOTP's Reports & Info menu), so that's fairly high on the wish-list right now, and an almanac would be the next step from there - collecting annual versions of those HTML-friendly formatted lists and reports into one big almanac.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #27
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
Why 82? We got swept that year, 94 was better. It doesn't count unless we riot
I wanted a bit of a variety in the difficulty of the challenges, and 82's a good setup for a really tough one - finish below .500, then make the finals. 94 was actually pretty tough, too - people don't remember how poorly the team did in the regular season. But it stepped on what I had planned for the Rangers challenge (although I later modified the timeline for that one a little, so it wouldn't have mattered.)

But if the feature's popular, we'll be adding more challenges, it's not that time-consuming to do. Canucks will be due for an easier one, so it'll likely be 94 or 2011.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
Can we use real historical players in fictional leagues?

If we can, is there a "random debut" feature too so the created fictional league can be continue to be populated by real players (at least until the real players run out)?
No, not possible to do either yet. Random debuts in historical games will probably come first, then those two.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #29
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppichoppi View Post
Sweet swill pre-order right away! From someone who had 3 hours on the original FHM to 700 and 800 on 2 and 3 I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements you guys have made.

Off-topic:
Recently "downgraded" to and i5 Surface Pro 4 anyone have experience on how well the game ran? Even on my gaming rig I found the game would slow down in the later years (most notably on the personnel page).
We've got a couple of people using Surface Pros with FHM4 right now. Some intermittent UI issues reported, but no consistent show-stoppers yet.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:47 PM   #30
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
In Challenge mode will you have input into how your minor league players develop? I.E. Will I be able to tell my AHL head coach to start a guy on the first line at right wing, or tell them to play the younger goalie instead of sitting him on the bench behind the journeyman?
Not that specifically, but the farm team AI did get an adjustment that should make it give more lineup preference to developing players. And your top-level coaches will affect his development at the minor league level (to reflect the influence of development coaches, which are becoming increasingly common.) I'm wondering if we should also allow the bonus development allowed in the training settings to be applied to any players under contract, not just the ones currently with the team. That'd allow you some more influence, although there may be some UI issues with that.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #31
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caca0o View Post
so when I buy the game in pre-order. will the game come on October 2?
Right, you'll be able to play it on the 2nd. The 6th is the "official" launch day, and the day it'll become available on Steam, but if you pre-order the non-Steam version, you'll be able to play at the beginning of the week instead of the end - it's basically a "late beta" look at the final pre-release version of the game (saves started with it will still be usable even if there's a slightly newer version on release day.)
Old 09-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #32
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Not that specifically, but the farm team AI did get an adjustment that should make it give more lineup preference to developing players. And your top-level coaches will affect his development at the minor league level (to reflect the influence of development coaches, which are becoming increasingly common.) I'm wondering if we should also allow the bonus development allowed in the training settings to be applied to any players under contract, not just the ones currently with the team. That'd allow you some more influence, although there may be some UI issues with that.
That's disappointing. Its tough to say, "I drafted this guy and hope to change him to right wing, but the guy that I hired to run my AHL team has decided he's going to be a center." It'd be nice to have more influence, like the "Lock AI Promotion/Demotion" and "Force start at position" features that are available with OOTPB.

Also what about preseason? Have you implemented preseason rosters yet or are my guys going to take a morale hit if I try to give them a preseason tryout?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic

Last edited by AlpineSK; 09-20-2017 at 09:06 PM.
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #33
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

What's the most expansion teams(most number of teams) for the NHL ,AHL or Fictional League(s)?

Can the regular season schedule be edited?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #34
CFFC
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yes - you do have to match the number of teams in the top-level league, though. But the conference/division structure and schedule length can be completely different.

Yes, you can expand and relocate in commissioner mode (there's not a specific "relocation" mechanism, you'd have to adjust the city, arena, etc. yourself). No almanac yet, but one of the things that got cut for time in the summer was the addition of a large number of additional team reports (like OOTP's Reports & Info menu), so that's fairly high on the wish-list right now, and an almanac would be the next step from there - collecting annual versions of those HTML-friendly formatted lists and reports into one big almanac.
Thanks!
CFFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 12:33 AM   #35
seven
All Star Reserve

Can we watch any match?

It's great to see this series evolving so rapidly. Nice going!

My question is whether we will be able to see (play out) any and all games on the schedule for a particular day. In FHM3, that feature was initially not available, then it was brought back in an update. Will it be available on day 1 in FHM4?
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:28 AM   #36
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
It's great to see this series evolving so rapidly. Nice going!

My question is whether we will be able to see (play out) any and all games on the schedule for a particular day. In FHM3, that feature was initially not available, then it was brought back in an update. Will it be available on day 1 in FHM4?
Yes, it's still there.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:27 AM   #37
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Also what about preseason? Have you implemented preseason rosters yet or are my guys going to take a morale hit if I try to give them a preseason tryout?
We've got a format for preseason roster expansion that we think it's workable, but there wasn't enough time to implement it yet. But it was very close to going in for the release version, and is at or near the top of the list for new features right now. I'll have to double-check, but I think we removed the morale penalty for movement to/from the farm in the preseason a while ago.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:22 AM   #38
Swirly
Bat Boy

Hey guys! Looks great...

My biggest question is can you load a saved game from FHM3 to continue it in FHM4? I'm several seasons deep in a successful game and would hate to have to end it so soon.

Thanks!
Swirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #39
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Very exciting! Great news!

Does the new game have Pre-season/Training Camp featured?
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #40
caca0o
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Right, you'll be able to play it on the 2nd. The 6th is the "official" launch day, and the day it'll become available on Steam, but if you pre-order the non-Steam version, you'll be able to play at the beginning of the week instead of the end - it's basically a "late beta" look at the final pre-release version of the game (saves started with it will still be usable even if there's a slightly newer version on release day.)

OK thanks. So when I order a pre-order version I get a cd-key, which I can use later for steam? or will I play the game without steam?
caca0o is offline   Reply With Quote