Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

RE: "Set as postion..." Button

Do we no longer have the option to set players that aren't in our organization to a certain position (e.g., setting a SP in the draft pool as a RP to see what their ratings might look like)? It used to be an option in the editor (even with the Commish Mode disabled).
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:10 PM   #2
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
def can't do it in challenge mode. only if its a 2 way player and its just his 2 listed positions.

not sure about non challenge mode but my guess is you would have to activate commish mode
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #3
Tieran
Minors (Single A)

I can answer this. In the old versions of OOTP by setting a SP as say a CF you could make them lose all value in the eyes of the AI. Meaning if I were to set Chris Sale as a CF I could trade for him with his contract 100% retained at the price of a half star scrub. Or if I wanted Adley Rutschman but didn't pick until the 24th pick I could set him as a reliever and guarantee he would be available at my pick.
Tieran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieran View Post
I can answer this. In the old versions of OOTP by setting a SP as say a CF you could make them lose all value in the eyes of the AI. Meaning if I were to set Chris Sale as a CF I could trade for him with his contract 100% retained at the price of a half star scrub. Or if I wanted Adley Rutschman but didn't pick until the 24th pick I could set him as a reliever and guarantee he would be available at my pick.
I understand that you could use it to game the system. It was widely used to evaluate draft prospects that were set at "SP" but that were really "RP" (i.e., they only had two pitches and/or had poor stamina). It was a very useful feature.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
I understand that you could use it to game the system. It was widely used to evaluate draft prospects that were set at "SP" but that were really "RP" (i.e., they only had two pitches and/or had poor stamina). It was a very useful feature.
You can still do this. Navigate to a player's profile and click the editor tab at the top (far right). From here you can change their position to whatever you'd like - regardless if they're on your team or not. If they are not, the AI will change them back when the game is advanced. This is the same as OOTP 19 fwiw.
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:39 PM   #6
roeddog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ASURay,
In commish mode I can go to any teams roster, even if I am the mgr/gm of a different team and right click a player, look for set position and choose the position I want to view them in. I do not know if it works outside of commish mode.
Hope this is what you meant
roeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:19 PM   #7
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmatt17 View Post
You can still do this. Navigate to a player's profile and click the editor tab at the top (far right). From here you can change their position to whatever you'd like - regardless if they're on your team or not. If they are not, the AI will change them back when the game is advanced. This is the same as OOTP 19 fwiw.
Here is what I'm seeing. v19 is at the top while v20 is at the bottom. In both cases, Commish Mode is DISABLED and neither of these players is on the team that I control. Note that the option to set the player's "Position/Role" has disappeared in v20.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-26-2019, 01:29 PM   #8
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

It's a screen size issue.. underneath "Bats" is "Throws" and underneath that is "Position/Role". If that scroll bar isn't functional on your screenshot, I'd submit a bug report on that.
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:40 PM   #9
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roeddog View Post
ASURay,
In commish mode I can go to any teams roster, even if I am the mgr/gm of a different team and right click a player, look for set position and choose the position I want to view them in. I do not know if it works outside of commish mode.
Hope this is what you meant
I do this all the time(commish mode) and the player always reverts back to the previous position.

I think the only way it will stay is by putting him in the line-up at that position(example-Rico Carty-LF rather than Rico Carty-C).
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:09 PM   #10
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmatt17 View Post
It's a screen size issue.. underneath "Bats" is "Throws" and underneath that is "Position/Role". If that scroll bar isn't functional on your screenshot, I'd submit a bug report on that.
The screen shot I posted for v20 is scrolled down as far as it will go. Weird.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:12 PM   #11
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I do this all the time(commish mode) and the player always reverts back to the previous position.

I think the only way it will stay is by putting him in the line-up at that position(example-Rico Carty-LF rather than Rico Carty-C).
I don't need/want the player to stay at that position. I mostly use this feature in my online league (where Commish Mode isn't available) to see how the ratings for players listed as SP would change if I moved them to RP. I often do this for draft and/or trade prospects -- so guys that aren't yet in my organization.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:48 PM   #12
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

I figured out the issue. I can scroll down all the way as long as I have the window maximized (I play in "Windowed" mode). Anything less than a maximized window, though and I can only scroll down as far as "Bats." I posted the issue in the bug report thread.