Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
mlbman
Minors (Double A)

Completed Season Now What?

Hello All,

I just completed the 1949 Season on OOTP 17. I printed stats and was thinking of starting a 1975 season simulation. What do I do now? Will my 1949 Stats be deleted if I begin the 1975 Season? How do reset the 1949 season to beginning in case I want to do a replay again of 1949? Is there a way to save the entire stats of 1949 to a flash drive? If so, how?

This was my first replay and I am not sure how to go about resetting the files for 1949. Any advice appreciated.

By the way, Cleveland won the 1949 World Series over the Brooklyn Dodgers 4 games to 3. My team Boston Red Sox were tied with Cleveland after the regular season and in the one game playoff, Cleveland won 8-6 to head to the World Series. Bobby Doerr won the AL batting crown by hitting .351
mlbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:20 PM   #2
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

The good news is that you can have multiple saves (as I've come to understand they are called) at once so you really don't need to do anything with your 1949 save/game/replay.
You can just start a new historical league for 1975 and it will be stored as a separate save and not affect your 1949 league in any way.
If you decide to replay 1949 again you can just start a new historical league, just as you did for the previous one, and give it a different name to distinguish it from your first 1949 save, and you will have both available to compare and contrast. (Ultimately, I believe the only thing that would limit you in this regard is how much hard drive space you have on your machine, but a one season replay really shouldn't take up much space at all.)

I believe that you should be able to save any OOTP files onto a flash drive but I will let someone more knowledgeable than I am explain the details.

So glad you are enjoying OOTP so much! I too come from a similar dice and cards (mostly Strat-O-Matic and Replay) background and discovered OOTP just about a year and a half ago. And like you, I am hooked.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote