Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-23-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
Marsh511
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How to move OOTP folder OUTSIDE of 'Documents'??

I just installed OOTP19 and FHM5 on a new PC that's never had any OOTP/FHM versions. By default, there's a folder structure that is set up under C:\users\myname\.....\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\... (or similar for FHM5). When I started playing the game, I noticed that my OneDrive (Microsoft) is constantly trying to sync files to the OneDrive Cloud. I mean CONSTANTLY, every single player file, etc. etc. How can I change the location of these files so they fall OUTSIDE of the OneDrive 'auto sync' structure (which would be somewhere other than my own \users\myname\ area)? I didn't have this problem before when using my Win8 PC, but Win10 seems to be the culprit.
Marsh511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 04:38 PM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I have not used One Drive, this is not meant to be snarky. File exceptions are usually the best way to deal with this.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...5-a14ff2415e85

https://www.howtogeek.com/222817/how...in-windows-10/
Old 12-24-2018, 05:44 AM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

fwiw, i think you can exclude specific directories from one drive. that would take less time than what follows.

---game solution

expert tab of app settings? can access it right when ootp loads. or file menu->settings in game.

change data folder. just dump it into the main ootp directory.

"c:\whateever\ootp19\data"

you could also change the custom_folders.ini -- there an appPath= and datapath= (words are at least similar, and obvious what they do when you get there). change to the above.

either way works. you will have to shut down the game, then re-load it. it will re-install the data to the new directory. similar to the first time you loaded the game.. i.e. it will take longer than normal.

you may or may not have to manually move your old saves and such... check out backup directory too... also, if you have any custom files of any kind, make sure they are moved to proper new directories, if not.

pretty sure all the extra stuff you may have, you will have to do by hand. so, don't delete the old directories until you have verified everything is okay. any default data is not a concern. but, saves, backups, custom files etc need to be preserved. deleting after that is obviously your goal to avoid onedrive wasting its time.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-24-2018 at 05:48 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #4
Marsh511
Minors (Rookie Ball)

NoOne - thanks. I'll try the 'long method' since I've yet to start any leagues or customization (starting fresh on this PC). OneDrive is a major pain - it allows you to select folders that don't get synched *TO* your local PC, not the other way around. Microsoft's arrogance assumes that the Cloud is going to have everything, and you only pull down what you want to your PC. So if I de-select the OOTP Developments folder, it will prevent those files to remain on my PC when offline. Exactly the opposite of what I want, which is to have them ONLY reside on my PC. This wasn't a problem until Windows 10. Before then, OneDrive could be used as a as-needed storage drive, but now, they assume you want everything there!!
Marsh511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

"long" is a bit exagerrated...

turn off one drive or severeley limit what it backs up -- google can help you root it out. you can't uninstall it, like cortana, but you can disable it.

it may or may not require a registry edit. windows 10 is some f%#ed up garbage. i recently had to upgrade to get most out of new gpu, but ugh... it's been 3 weeks and i think i have all teh privacy concerns and wasteful use of my bandwidth tidied up.

it does boots faster than when win 10 was orginally released. i got my 'free' license by updating temporarily years ago when it was released and re-installed win7 immediately afterward. (gave me license for later use).. my bootup time went from 12-14s to 30-40s+ with an ssd, ffs... one thing was improved since release at the least.

fwiw to others, you can likely get a new win 10 even today. the auth servers automatically convert any valid and existing license (win7 or later) from what i understand, even if they don't advertise it.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-24-2018 at 08:15 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote