Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-24-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Fixing a schedule for next season

I'm heading towards the end of the 2013 season guiding a Padres franchise that I've been building since I started playing OOTP 11. Before the start of the 2013 season (yah, I know, I'm lagging since I like to play through all games and I had a son born in 2012) my league spontaneously expanded adding 2 AL franchises in Austin and Charlotte. At first, I thought this was pretty cool and I looked forward to the expansion draft and seeing which players ended up getting plucked off of my roster.

Then I saw that the schedule generated was all messed up. There was no interleague play (not that I cared that much) and EVERY single series was a 3 game series. This made for one mundane and strange season since I had series beginning and ended on odd days. Since I'm heading to the playoffs and the 2013-2014 offseason soon I wanted some ideas on how to re-align my league so that I have a more authentic schedule. Below are my current standings so that you can see the structure of my league. Aside from deleting a franchise is there a way to auto-generate a schedule that won't suffer the dreaded 3-game series format? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Images
martyjay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #2
slugger922cubs
Major Leagues

Look in the schedules mod forums. http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=249096
should be able to find something you like in there and load into your game.
slugger922cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:43 PM   #3
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Seems you've been screwed over by league evolution.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:00 AM   #4
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

So it's been a while but I finally finished the '13 (back in the winter of 2017). I decided to realign the league. I took the Brewers and sent them back to the American League Central and moved the expansion Charlotte team to the National League East. That leaves the AL/NL balanced as far as number of teams. (When I started the game back in 2010, the Houston Astros were in the NL and I've kept them there.)

When the 2014 season begins for my league, I'd like to have a more realistic schedule generated instead of the boring as hell 2013 schedule I had auto-generated which had an endless string of 3-game series with no interleague play.

My current format is as follows:

AL West 5 Teams
AL Central 6 Teams
AL East 5 Teams

NL West 5 Teams
NL Central 5 Teams
NL East 6 Teams

My questions are:

1. If I leave it up to the game to auto generate a schedule, will it generate an interleague schedule on its own?

2. If not, when do I need to import a schedule so that it will take effect for the 2014 season? (off season, pre-season?)

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjay75 View Post

My questions are:

1. If I leave it up to the game to auto generate a schedule, will it generate an interleague schedule on its own?

2. If not, when do I need to import a schedule so that it will take effect for the 2014 season? (off season, pre-season?)

Thanks!
1. No.

2. During the pre-season.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:03 PM   #6
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if/when it generates a schedule you like, export it and save it somewhere safe. that way you can always re-import it. matchups will be randomized in year 2 within the same outline of that schedule. relative to "schedule team id's" they get garbled.

can even make edits, then export for a mildly customized schedule.

league interplay needs to be checked, or it won't occur. re-generate after changing any schedule related setting for it to take effect. obviously get that stuff in order before you do any customization by hand.

make sure the header of any schedule file matches settings in game.

Last edited by NoOne; 02-17-2018 at 05:05 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
1. No.

2. During the pre-season.
I was waiting to get OOTP 19 before proceeding on this. I've arrived at the preseason phase of the season and a schedule auto-generated for me once again. So my questions are as follows:
1. Was I supposed to load a schedule before then?

2. Do I need to clear the auto-generated schedule first and load a customized one to fit the new league structure that I've created or will loading an import file automatically clear the auto-generated one?

3. If I clear this current schedule that I don't want, will it screw up minor league schedules as well?

4. Was there a spring training schedule that was supposed to generate? Or does that generate once you get to the spring training phase in the calendar.

I'm sorry for asking so many newbie questions, but I've never had to deal with custom schedules and the importing feature before. This league evolution thing is kind of fun while at the same time being a pain in the ***.

Thanks!

Last edited by martyjay75; 03-19-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #8
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Question

I think I have successfully imported a schedule that will work. Only problem is that I can't seem to get the regular season to start on the day I want it to.

It's working off of the 2014 calendar and I'm trying to get the season to open on a Monday for my team (April 7). I tried to force start the Opening day to a certain day of the week but, no matter what I do, it keeps defaulting back to setting Opening day for Sunday, April 6 which has my team starting a 3-game series on a Tuesday. This messes things up for the whole year because it generally has teams getting Friday or Tuesday off days and screwing up weekend series to start generally on Saturdays and ending on Mondays.

I tried messing with league options and re-importing a schedule but it keeps going back to that Sunday April 6 Opening day with my team starting on a Tuesday.

What else should I try?
Old 03-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #9
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

After some trial and error, I think I have the schedule the way I want it. Series starting on logical days, a great mix of 2,3, and 4-game series. I was about ready to proceed into Spring Training of my 2014 season.

One thing gave me pause, though. I noticed that no schedules were generated for any of my minor league affiliates. But, if I'm correct, I think these generate when each minor league level enters it's own preseason. Right?

Last edited by martyjay75; 03-20-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #10
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

See responses below:
Quote:
1. Was I supposed to load a schedule before then? No

2. Do I need to clear the auto-generated schedule first and load a customized one to fit the new league structure that I've created or will loading an import file automatically clear the auto-generated one? Loading a schedule will get rid of the game-generated one

3. If I clear this current schedule that I don't want, will it screw up minor league schedules as well? No

4. Was there a spring training schedule that was supposed to generate? Or does that generate once you get to the spring training phase in the calendar. Spring training schedules are automatically generated
Old 03-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #11
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I have successfully imported a schedule that will work. Only problem is that I can't seem to get the regular season to start on the day I want it to.

It's working off of the 2014 calendar and I'm trying to get the season to open on a Monday for my team (April 7). I tried to force start the Opening day to a certain day of the week but, no matter what I do, it keeps defaulting back to setting Opening day for Sunday, April 6 which has my team starting a 3-game series on a Tuesday. This messes things up for the whole year because it generally has teams getting Friday or Tuesday off days and screwing up weekend series to start generally on Saturdays and ending on Mondays.

I tried messing with league options and re-importing a schedule but it keeps going back to that Sunday April 6 Opening day with my team starting on a Tuesday.

What else should I try?
Check the schedule file to see if it has a start date in the header line. It should look something like this:

start_day_of_week="1" start_month="4" start_day="2"

You may have to delete that part and then reload the schedule. Or else you could change the values to match your preferred start date.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:44 PM   #12
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One thing gave me pause, though. I noticed that no schedules were generated for any of my minor league affiliates. But, if I'm correct, I think these generate when each minor league level enters it's own preseason. Right?
Correct.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #13
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Manually change the schedule.

Shouldn't be a problem for smaller leagues.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #14
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Turns out that all I had to do is uncheck the "auto-adjust date" box and set the opening day to a Saturday. The schedule has a handful of games playing on Saturday/Sunday with most teams starting their opening series on a Monday. That seemed to fix it so that most teams had their series starting on logical days of the week.

Thanks for your help everybody.