Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-06-2017, 10:06 PM   #1
sreem
All Star Reserve

Very Disappointing

I have now hit a game breaking error/bug in the way the game has been created and the AI, it is very disappointing. I am playing a Path To Glory campaign and I am the GM/Head Coach of Kalamazoo in the ECHL.

Too bad for me, my parent teams (Tampa Bay and Syracuse) keep sending players down to my team. The roster limit in the ECHL requires that I have at least 14 of my 20 players under the age of 26.

The parent teams don't seem to understand this, and they have sent down 8 players 26 or older. This has me completely stuck because I cannot move their players to the league below me or release them in order to get my roster compliant with my leagues rules.

So now I sit, after pouring 4 seasons into this franchise stuck and unable to progress in the preseason because the AI doesn't understand the roster rules per league.

Does anyone know a way around this? If there isn't I would consider this a huge game breaker that needs to be addressed immediately by the programmers.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:13 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

We may be able to fix the save for you if you upload it. Unfortunately, it's a problem that tends to happen with human players playing an ECHL team that has multiple NHL/AHL parents, as some do - with single affiliations the parent can usually handle the league roster limits properly, but shared affiliations run into trouble. We're going to be re-working the way farm/parent relationships work in FHM4, in part to avoid exactly this sort of situation.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #3
sreem
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We may be able to fix the save for you if you upload it. Unfortunately, it's a problem that tends to happen with human players playing an ECHL team that has multiple NHL/AHL parents, as some do - with single affiliations the parent can usually handle the league roster limits properly, but shared affiliations run into trouble. We're going to be re-working the way farm/parent relationships work in FHM4, in part to avoid exactly this sort of situation.
Just so I'm understanding, even if you were to fix this season for me you are saying there is a good chance it could happen again? And my best bet is to avoid being an ECHL team?
Old 03-08-2017, 02:14 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreem View Post
Just so I'm understanding, even if you were to fix this season for me you are saying there is a good chance it could happen again? And my best bet is to avoid being an ECHL team?
Not if we can do either of the two changes I'm thinking of. Generally, there's some risk of this happening with most ECHL teams, except for Fort Wayne, which is unaffiliated.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote