Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-18-2015, 02:06 PM   #1
Grandbudda
Major Leagues

Help with a blog !

I've been playing OOTP for the past 2 years so I'm not exactly new but I'm very tech challenged. I'm in several leagues and I even am commish in one, but I have a problem that I feel falls into the "newbie" category.

I'm trying to write a dynasty blog and I'm having two specific problems. The first is very simple, probably yet I have no clue. That is if I want to delete a post that is already on my blog, what do I need to do?

Next, one is a little more complex but I can't do it. That is how do I take a photo of my ootp16 in game item and save it to my pictures folder as a jpg or png or whatever ?

Thanks
Greg
HSBL - Dodgers
Grandbudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
Grandbudda
Major Leagues

OK I figured out how to delete a post, duh

But I still for the life of me can't see how to capture a screenshot in ootp to my pictures folder as a png, jpg, whatever
HSBL - Dodgers
Old 11-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #3
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

For a screenshot what I do is capture it using the printscreen key, then edit it in Irfanview (or Paint or whatever you have.) When I say edit I mean I crop away all the stuff on the screencap that isn't the part of the OOTP screen I'm interested in. Then you can save it and post it online through OOTP's tool or some other web picture tool.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Windows:
I use the Snip tool that WIndows provides. It allows you to box in what you want. Then I copy and paste it to paint. Save it there an uploiad.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
Grandbudda
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
For a screenshot what I do is capture it using the printscreen key, then edit it in Irfanview (or Paint or whatever you have.) When I say edit I mean I crop away all the stuff on the screencap that isn't the part of the OOTP screen I'm interested in. Then you can save it and post it online through OOTP's tool or some other web picture tool.
I don't seem to be able to print screen in ootp. I can't figure out how to take a screen shot !
HSBL - Dodgers
Old 11-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandbudda View Post
I don't seem to be able to print screen in ootp. I can't figure out how to take a screen shot !
The "Print Screen" key on your keyboard.

When you are on the page you want an image of, hit the Print Screen key.

Now open Paint and paste (ctrl/v) the image into paint.

You can then edit/resize and save it as a jpg for future use, such as uploading to the internet.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:06 PM   #7
Grandbudda
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
The "Print Screen" key on your keyboard.

When you are on the page you want an image of, hit the Print Screen key.

Now open Paint and paste (ctrl/v) the image into paint.

You can then edit/resize and save it as a jpg for future use, such as uploading to the internet.

Thanks that worked....God I feel so stupid !
HSBL - Dodgers
Old 11-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #8
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Grandbuddha, don't feel stupid -- everyone who now knows how to take a screenshot and do image manipulation used to not know how, and then (like you) they learned. Others have not yet learned.

I feel stupid because I have a simple Wordpress question that I cannot find an answer to after a few hours looking. I will stop feeling stupid about that later.

If you want to feel stupid on better grounds, give an aging player (like Ryan Howard IRL) a fat long term contract, and ignore opportunities to poach long-term prospects from teams who want to trade for today.
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote