Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #101
ArchbishopDave
Bat Boy

Trying to create any custom league that has the format of

10 Teams, 2 Divisions, 52 Games

causes the game to indefinitely hang when attempting to create the initial set of events.
ArchbishopDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #102
glacius
Bat Boy

In 2018 no players to draft from
glacius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #103
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I created a league "DEL" from the "NEW GAME - start a 2015/2016" option ...

I just wanted to create a league "Nationalliga A" (Swiss) from that option, too ... and I get an error message "The game name already exists".

Frustrating
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:28 PM   #104
sholak
Bat Boy

Created a fictional 12-team league 80 game season; after 4 seasons did a league expansion to 14 teams. Minor league did not expand, and the two new franchises do not have minor league team associations now. On July 1st of the following season I tried to expand the minor league, but option is grayed out.

How can I get minor league teams for the two franchises that are missing them?

Last edited by sholak; 09-30-2015 at 05:31 PM.
sholak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #105
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholak View Post
Created a fictional 12-team league 80 game season; after 4 seasons did a league expansion to 14 teams. Minor league did not expand, and the two new franchises do not have minor league team associations now. On July 1st tried to expand the minor league, but option is grayed out.

How can I get minor league teams for the two franchises that are missing them?
Not possible at the moment, it's a fairly high priority on the list of things to fix. The expansion teams will get reserve lists, which function like a minor league team for them.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:32 PM   #106
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacius View Post
In 2018 no players to draft from
Can I have a few more details about how you set up your league? Is it modern, historical, or fictional? Did you expand it at some point?
Old 09-30-2015, 05:41 PM   #107
glacius
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can I have a few more details about how you set up your league? Is it modern, historical, or fictional? Did you expand it at some point?
Modern , and i did expand after first season with Las Vegas and Quebec did not edit anything else .
Old 09-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #108
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I created a league "DEL" from the "NEW GAME - start a 2015/2016" option ...

I just wanted to create a league "Nationalliga A" (Swiss) from that option, too ... and I get an error message "The game name already exists".

Frustrating
In the white bar, you have to type in a different name for your savegame than the name of any of your other savegames.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #109
glacius
Bat Boy

@Jeffr

Simmed another season had no problem with the draft in 2019 , a bit odd.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:42 PM   #110
Snap Wilson
Minors (Single A)

Hall of Fame = game crash

Historical sim starting at 1931-32, now up to 1980, something has borked the Hall of Fame. Any attempt to click on it crashes the game immediately.
Snap Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #111
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap Wilson View Post
Historical sim starting at 1931-32, now up to 1980, something has borked the Hall of Fame. Any attempt to click on it crashes the game immediately.
Hmm, just tried checking it in my last historical test and it's doing the same thing. We made some changes late last week to allow us to get the real stating players in, that may have broken something later in the game. We'll have a look.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #112
Spaumi10
Bat Boy

Double Back Bug

I named the league zip file Avs Double back bug.

Steps for problem:
1. In my league go to play a game
2. Get to the first screen; the game preview screen with the goalies/players for the game, stats, etc before the game view screen.
3. I use my mouse "back" button to go back as I do in any other screen in place of clicking the back button or pushing left on the keyboard.
4. The screen changes to a different screen (like it has gone back but without the top ribbon controls and I can't go back any further, e.g., to edit the roster before starting the game because I made a mistake or whatever.
5. Now I have to exit out of the game to do anything.
6. I start FHM2 up again and go to play the game
7. Now when I play the game everything is doubled; shots, PIM, hits, etc. Although not goals. The game summary is correct but not the stats themselves.

If I don't back out at the game preview screen it works fine.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Spaumi10; 09-30-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Spaumi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:15 PM   #113
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by breich90 View Post
When creating an online league, I set my manager to 'commish mode', 'cannot be fired', and 'fog of war'. After I created all the other managers with only 'cannot be fired' and 'fog of war', I started the game. My manager did not have commish access (and neither did any of the other managers). I was unable to set 'play in commish mode' for my manager after the fact, forcing me to try again and create an entirely new file.
Ok, found the bug. I set my manager as the commish. Then, I create more managers. If I go back to click on the commish manager, 'play in commissioner mode' is automatically untoggled.
breich90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #114
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Maybe minor but . . . playing in ECHL. When players are assigned from AHL players on ECHL active roster are randomly moved to reserve list. Requires me to move them back and notes the move to reserve list in player history - doesn't take long for it to look ugly.

Can players be added to active roster - putting team illegal until manager makes required roster moves. Less work for owner & keeps history logs cleaner.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:40 PM   #115
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Playing ECHL - seems like when a player is called up to AHL & someone is sent down at the same time only the call-up results in a news item.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #116
Keenanja
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kune View Post
Hello!

Im having nasty bug. The game wont allow me to continue as it says Im below salary floor.

Im playing with Maple Leafs and my current payroll is 71 million and current caphit is 59 million. Even editing player wages doesnt help. Also everytime i try to continue the game jumps to my echl team.

Edit: Did a few runs and found out it does it always on 16th October 2015
Edit2: File is also uploaded to ftp under name kunetorontodynastia.lg.rar
Having the same problem on Jan 9th, 2016, NHL league expanded. After constantly being sent to my ECHL team with each message about being below the salary floor I decided to check the ECHL team's finances. Most teams in that league had a cap of $350,000 to $400,000. My team's cap (and one other) was at $116 million. Quite a difference.

It seemed to me that the difference between $116 million and a team salary of $199,000 could be the cause. So, I decided to edit a player and gave him a 10 million dollar raise. Clicked on "finish today" and Voila! The game moved ahead to the next day.

Hopefully there will be a fix to the issue, and it would be better if we could simply edit the team info (salary cap) to put it back in line. But for now I can hopefully continue to push this expansion squad (22-23-2, 9th place) into the playoffs.
Keenanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:28 PM   #117
spear
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm seeing an error in Jersey Numbers not being assigned to players.

Started a 20 team pro league, with 20 team farm league, and 30 team feeder league.

I simulated the initial draft and the first few games of the season. Most of my roster has a jersey number of '0'. Even though they are supposed to be active.

CPU teams are fine.
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:06 AM   #118
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

Bug: when having the AI assign scouts, it assigns them to areas outside of their region. I'd rather not spend an hour doing the assignments myself but I'd also like the assignments to not be subject to penalties.
jinkorjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:23 AM   #119
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkorjap View Post
Bug: when having the AI assign scouts, it assigns them to areas outside of their region. I'd rather not spend an hour doing the assignments myself but I'd also like the assignments to not be subject to penalties.
If it decides it needs those regions scouted, it'll use some guys out of region if necessary. Is it doing completely illogical things like assigning guys to an area not in their region when there's a local guy available, or just trying to cover its scouting targets with the staff it has?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:28 AM   #120
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spear View Post
I'm seeing an error in Jersey Numbers not being assigned to players.

Started a 20 team pro league, with 20 team farm league, and 30 team feeder league.

I simulated the initial draft and the first few games of the season. Most of my roster has a jersey number of '0'. Even though they are supposed to be active.

CPU teams are fine.
Hmm, haven't seen that one before, and I just tried it and got numbers on my team. Can you upload the save for us to take a look at? Directions here.