Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2014, 11:54 PM   #1
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Arrgh! Can't get past Aug 4th

I've played two full seasons starting from 2013-14 season starting point. I've hit August 4th 2015 and can't get past - it keeps crashing back to the desktop. My last save was July 31st and no matter what I try it keeps crashing back. I'm running it on a Macbook Pro. Anyway to fix this?
Gauch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:27 AM   #2
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Just digging for answers but is there something that you are doing each time just before it crashes? Simming the day I assume but you never know. Is there anything that the game says or does before it crashes to the desktop?

Might not help any, just fishing to see if there is something that is constant other than it crashing.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #3
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

How heavily did you edit the game?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauch33 View Post
I've played two full seasons starting from 2013-14 season starting point. I've hit August 4th 2015 and can't get past - it keeps crashing back to the desktop. My last save was July 31st and no matter what I try it keeps crashing back. I'm running it on a Macbook Pro. Anyway to fix this?
Would you mind uploading the file for us to look at (directions here)? August 4th is an odd time to be crashing consistently from a starting point a month in advance, there's nothing particularly unusual that happens on that date.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nothing much

I'm just simming to the next day. No messages - it just goes to desktop. I've tried simming only one day or simming ahead a week.
As for editing - I'm using commissioner mode and I've adjusted some players attributes here and there and changed the name of one 18 year old to be "me". Nothing recent though - it was earlier in the game - first season mostly.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

uploaded

I just uploaded my file - called mike_G crashing. Hope you can solve this for me. Don't want to restart. I just lost in the Stanley Cup finals and I think I should challenge again.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #7
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just wondering - anyone get a chance to look at my uploaded file and troubleshoot the issue?
Old 04-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #8
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any luck with my file? Any solutions?
Old 04-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #9
howeandhowe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If you are using a game created from a previous version of FHM it will crash every time. If this is your case then you have lost that game...unless someone else knows how to recover a game from an old version.

I've resorted to just playing the game in historical mode because after three seasons there's a financial bug that keeps a GM from signing free agents. On the upside it makes the game more difficult because you have to make good trades and resign your current players without disrupting their meshing with existing players. It also makes draft picks only useful as way to spice up trades - meaning do not draft players because you won't be able to sign them to a contract.
howeandhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Upgrades don't work?

I played the bulk of a season after I upgraded to the latest version so why crash in the middle of the offseason then after I had already finished the season, played the playoffs and conducted the draft and made it into free agent period?
Old 05-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #11
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So nothing from my save game file???
Old 05-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #12
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
It probably just has to do with the fact that the game you were playing with was pre-upgrade. Sure, it worked for most of the season, but really if you think about it the crash could really happen at anytime.

It stinks, I know.. I understand.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
We haven't been able to get it to crash - we let it run to August 4, 2015, and it continues normally. The file you sent starts in October of 2014, though, not the July 31, 2015 save you mentioned in the first post. Are you sure you sent the right one? There's a chance that the cause of the problem has been fixed since the last patch and that's why we're not getting a crash now, but that's a little unlikely.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:40 AM   #14
Gauch33
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Weird - I selected the file that I was using. I guess I'll try to upload it again but tried it with the new patch yesterday and still crashes. I'll try to get it uploaded but I've pretty much given up on that season and started a new one....hope this doesn't crash too.