Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #61
goat10
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Goat,
As you have your opinion and expressed it - this is mine. We can just agree to disagree...
ok, i may have been off with the price point if thats how much games do go for there ( id rule out ea games because they are ea), the last game i bought was football manager 13 and that cost me less, granted with a code
Old 09-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #62
goat10
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Goat,

The point/moral of the post is where do you stand? is this a "play it for six months" til the next seasonal game comes along? Is this something that will have you thinking about it when your supposed to be sleeping so you can go to work tomorrow? Can you imagine that you put up your money as an investment in gaming so the little guy has a chance to make a career not working for The Man???
at the moment with the lack of depth with tactics and having jeff answer my question by saying not till next year the answer is sadly no, no thinking about it and no chance of 6 months play for me
Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #63
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
i doubt that anyone thought the game was going to be bug free.problem most have is that it has alot of bugs atm and some that should have been fixed b4 release to a state of more playable then it is right now
This just reminds me of this .gif:

Like, we expect the developers to just have this bug-killing magic wand. And how dare they not have waived it enough in the last few months.

TBN's FHM Forum
TBN's FHM Downloads - coming soon
Old 09-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #64
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Honestly threads like this just show how damned spoiled and entitled people are. Those are the type of people who don't deserve this game when it reaches that point of being great in the near future.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #65
Tib
All Star Reserve

Charging a premium price for a game with this many serious bugs is going to cause a reaction from people who expect something stable for the money. This is to be expected. It is natural for people to expect a product they purchase to work. It doesn't matter that it's a new computer game; there is an expectation.

But it's also true that games get better. FHM has a good team who works hard. That's more than a lot of games out there. And this community in particular is very supportive, compared to other game forums I've been on. I'm convinced that FHM will be a great hockey sim and all the bugs will get worked out, but it will take time.

Someone said making a game is a process. True. A long process. And fixing literally hundreds of errors via this process takes time. Maybe it's not worth $40 right now. Personally, I don't think it is. But I believe that one day soon it will be.

I'm reading the threads. Maybe I'm not paying money, but I'm paying attention. When the game play improves, when it gets more reliable, I'll purchase it. Until then I'll be a fan on the sideline cheering you on, dev team. I know you'll do it.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #66
Penfold75
Major Leagues

New to the forum and I bought the game yesterday. From Canada but based in Scotland. Huge Jets fan and its amazing we got back into the NHL but I like to follow the Clan here as well. I also played EHM but gave up on the 2007 version. I think it is great that we have a new Hockey Management game.

I can see both sides of the argument here. People are passionate about FHM and appreciate the hard work that has gone into creating and developing the game but also there will be people who are disappointed with the release having what are quite serious bugs. Doesn't make it unplayable because it is playable but in my opinion the length of time that you can play is reduced I think by some of these problems.

I work as a developer for a large utility company and I know developers put in a lot of time and effort to developing their product or in my case software for trading energy purposes. We are expected to put in long hours and like me some enjoy the job and are willing to make sacrifices here and there to deliver a project.

One of the issues I can see in the game and one I have experienced is the issue with restricted free agents and as one person pointed out this was reported in April. I know that if my users at work had reported a quite serious issue five months ago and it wasn't fixed i'm in the deep brown stuff. I think that sort of thing is why people are disappointed but I also think they need to make their point better and use the correct channels to get it fixed and not offend people. Also the pro game lobby shouldn't get personal just because people don't agree with your thoughts. Forum's are a place to express views we won't all agree with each other.

I read all the negative stuff yesterday and bought the game anyway as I love my hockey. I bought into the potential that I feel the game has and I think with a few tweaks it is going to be awesome so major thanks to all at OOTP.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #67
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Hi
I seldom post here, mainly because i'm french (from France, not Quebec) and that my English is far from fluent. But also because i doesn't play the game that much, as it is right now, it being not fun to play because of the bugs.
I'm aboard since the start of beta, so i knew i wouldn't get a perfect game day one, and i gladly paid the fee for the devs to be able to develop a long expected hockey sim game ...

that being said, ignoring people 's concern or saying as i saw it written b4 that those people are spoiled just made me want to react. Are they spoiled for expecting a ok running game with just maybe few bugs that'll get fixed with few patches ? Coz that's not what they get ! I, as i said b4 can do with that as i choose to be from start in the beta but new customers should be disappointed that's for sure.

And i think it won't get better if the devs doesn't acknowledge the mistakes that been made. I know not everyone agrees but as said several times b4, including Custom and Historical mode was a mistake, i couldn't care less playing historical mode, at least not b4 having played normal mode a bit to try to master the game. Giving in to the request of Custom/Historical mode play to the cost of stability for the main game was a mistake and should be acknowledged as such by the devs.

People are not stupid, buying this game they know that this is a small company making this game, they would understand if they hear "hey guys we made a mistake trying to put in too much things instead of working harder on AI and Draft/Transfer system" ...

Well that was my thoughts, and i will finish saying keep up working hard guys, this game got great potential and i will continue supporting it

Laurent
Old 09-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #68
dmytron

First of all, hello. I am from Ukraine and my native language is Russian but I understand English very well. I watch this forum for a very long time and although hockey isn't my piece of cake I like the job that guys are doing.

I want to say this to all who are pissed now: please ask for refunding your money. Wait a year and put the same money into FHM 2.0, and it will be the best investment in all your hockey fan life. The second version will be a masterpiece, you can be pretty sure of that. It will be a jewel.

Of course, it's not my money but yours.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #69
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
First of all, hello. I am from Ukraine and my native language is Russian but I understand English very well.
Welcome my friend! Do you cheer for Donbass??
Old 09-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #70
dmytron

Wink

No, I don't cheer for Donbass 'cause
Quote:
hockey isn't my piece of cake
I think maybe in the new 2013/2014 season I'll cheer for Miami Heat.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #71
Sturmie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there going to be a demo at all? It sounds like there isn't, which seems weird to me...especially at the premium price point.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #72
Fletchi18
Bat Boy

Are you taking the piss?

Just wanted to throw my thoughts in here since everyone else is: why be an early adopter if you cannot handle issues? That is what anyone who purchases a new piece of technology or program. With the way everything today is so complex, you have to expect issues.
My advice to you: don't be an early adopter. Let it bake after release next time. That is what I am doing. There will be a time soon when many of the showstoppers have been worked out. At that point, I will consider buying.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #73
BigFiasco
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletchi18 View Post
Just wanted to throw my thoughts in here since everyone else is: why be an early adopter if you cannot handle issues? That is what anyone who purchases a new piece of technology or program. With the way everything today is so complex, you have to expect issues.
My advice to you: don't be an early adopter. Let it bake after release next time. That is what I am doing. There will be a time soon when many of the showstoppers have been worked out. At that point, I will consider buying.
agree. i didnt bother with the first version of this game because having played sports text sims for years i understand the inaugral version of just about any game made with a small staff of developers (and even larger companies too) is going to be rough. I bet in 2-3 months or so this game is on track and thats when ill buy it. if its still really buggy ill wait more and let the general consensus of the forums guide me. id rather NOT have the game then buy something that I would feel is not worth the 40 i spent. Its fair all around and I have faith this game will be good soon
Old 09-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #74
Freakle
Bat Boy

it will be really interesting to see how fast those known bugs will be fixed, given that they announced a FHM 15 sequal (i assume a full price game) with the release of this one.

This is no free to play game like EHM, where it doesn't matter if it takes half a year to fix a problem.

If they seriously want to throw out a FHM 15, they don't have that much time to warrant the purchase of this fullprice title.

Given that this simulator has no graphic engine at all, i can see the complains about it.

Is the bug report forum still watched? I would love to keep reporting the bugs i found (allready about 10 since yesterday, some minor, some more severe given that the game still crashes a lot).
Old 09-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #75
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
No, I don't cheer for Donbass 'cause I think maybe in the new 2013/2014 season I'll cheer for Miami Heat.
Good call rooting for the defending Stanley cup champs, can't go wrong there.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #76
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakle View Post
This is no free to play game like EHM, where it doesn't matter if it takes half a year to fix a problem.
EHM never was a free game, it has to be bought like every other normal and serious simulation game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakle View Post
Is the bug report forum still watched? I would love to keep reporting the bugs i found (allready about 10 since yesterday, some minor, some more severe given that the game still crashes a lot).
Of course it is being monitored. Jeff opened a new thread just for bug reports here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html
So what are you waiting for then?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #77
goat10
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
EHM never was a free game, it has to be bought like every other normal and serious simulation game.
it gave you around 6 months game time to play around without having to pay first
Old 09-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #78
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat10 View Post
it gave you around 6 months game time to play around without having to pay first
Full access to it with no limitations to the gameplay?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #79
goat10
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Full access to it with no limitations to the gameplay?
as far as i remember yes, just time locked
Old 09-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #80
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

The original EHM was free too. Not the more polished version that most people are familiar with, but the original game made by Risto Remes that eventually evolved into the polished EHM.
Closed Thread