Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

As we release 1.0...

A few words as we get ready to launch (there's been a small delay getting the 1.0 versions on the servers, which are getting hit pretty hard right now):

First, I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and investment in the future of our game. As we announced last week, we will be continuing to develop FHM, and there will be an FHM2015 next season (but not until we spend several more months improving this one.)

The game has taken considerable steps forward in the last two weeks, particularly in terms of stability. I've had the game stop once on me in the last two days, the product of a spectacularly unlikely combination of waiver claims and goalie injuries, and that's been fixed. The statistical fine-tuning has also gone very well; Crosby runs ahead of the pack now, defencemen get more realistic numbers, and I've had Bobby Orr win scoring races in historical play.

Which isn't to say there weren't things we couldn't fix. We'll be continuing with the late nights and early mornings for a few more days, and will post a patch with any high-priority fixes on Friday/Saturday. And the first larger content patch will be adding multiplayer, and a few other things.

Apologies to Blues' fans, but there's currently a bug in the 1.0 version making it impossible to start a game, historical or modern, as St. Louis. It was caught in testing and fixed, but seems to have snuck back in during yesterday's later builds. That will definitely be covered in the patch, but we're trying to find a workaround for you today.

I realize that we're not going to give everyone exactly what they wanted in a hockey management game, but before you get upset that we haven't done precisely what you were hoping for, consider where we are right now: three years ago, none of us had much hope of seeing another game like this from an established developer. Markus and Andreas stuck their necks out and funded it, Sebastian and Malte took the chance that it would pay off in the long run and got it off the ground, our research and testing volunteers put in long hours, and we've all worked a ridiculous schedule over the last several months to get to his point. When Sega killed off EHM, I thought that'd be the end of the road for my favourite sport in this genre, but here we are.

Now we've got a well-supported game again, and we can get on with building this into a truly great game. Thank you, again, to all of you for coming aboard in the early going; it's going to be a fun ride.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Apologies to Blues' fans, but there's currently a bug in the 1.0 version making it impossible to start a game, historical or modern, as St. Louis.
Mgsports is going to go postal!

Seriously, though, just wanted to congratulate you, Jeff, as well as Sebastian, Malte, and the whole team, on today's release.

Obviously we are not going to be receiving a perfect piece of software today, and the reasonable folks among us understand that. Plenty of work to be done. I'm very confident the game will get where it needs to be, and I'm really excited for the future of hockey sims and this project.

Last edited by Smetana; 09-03-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

Here, here! I, for one, am in with you guys for the long haul, regardless of initial problems. Keep up the good work, and don't let the negative stuff on these boards get to you.
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

I am really proud of the guys! When you compare FHM 1.0 to OOTP 1.0, you can see that this series is off to an amazing start, and we are sure it turns into a great and very successful series, just as OOTP did more than 14 years ago. Sebastian, Malte and Jeff are extremely passionate about this project, just as I was back then. So, I am very much looking forward to the bright future of FHM.

Enjoy the game!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

I, too, am in it for the duration.

Have the trades been addressed as well?
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
A few words as we get ready to launch (there's been a small delay getting the 1.0 versions on the servers, which are getting hit pretty hard right now):

First, I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and investment in the future of our game. As we announced last week, we will be continuing to develop FHM, and there will be an FHM2015 next season (but not until we spend several more months improving this one.)

The game has taken considerable steps forward in the last two weeks, particularly in terms of stability. I've had the game stop once on me in the last two days, the product of a spectacularly unlikely combination of waiver claims and goalie injuries, and that's been fixed. The statistical fine-tuning has also gone very well; Crosby runs ahead of the pack now, defencemen get more realistic numbers, and I've had Bobby Orr win scoring races in historical play.

Which isn't to say there weren't things we couldn't fix. We'll be continuing with the late nights and early mornings for a few more days, and will post a patch with any high-priority fixes on Friday/Saturday. And the first larger content patch will be adding multiplayer, and a few other things.

Apologies to Blues' fans, but there's currently a bug in the 1.0 version making it impossible to start a game, historical or modern, as St. Louis. It was caught in testing and fixed, but seems to have snuck back in during yesterday's later builds. That will definitely be covered in the patch, but we're trying to find a workaround for you today.

I realize that we're not going to give everyone exactly what they wanted in a hockey management game, but before you get upset that we haven't done precisely what you were hoping for, consider where we are right now: three years ago, none of us had much hope of seeing another game like this from an established developer. Markus and Andreas stuck their necks out and funded it, Sebastian and Malte took the chance that it would pay off in the long run and got it off the ground, our research and testing volunteers put in long hours, and we've all worked a ridiculous schedule over the last several months to get to his point. When Sega killed off EHM, I thought that'd be the end of the road for my favourite sport in this genre, but here we are.

Now we've got a well-supported game again, and we can get on with building this into a truly great game. Thank you, again, to all of you for coming aboard in the early going; it's going to be a fun ride.
I just wanted to say thank you Jeff and all who help with this project. I've been waiting for game like this years now and no matter how it turns out I'm extremely grateful for the time and effort you guys have put into this product. So again thank you so much and hope you guys get the chance to truly make this game one of a kind.
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
yaremchuk
Bat Boy

Thanks to everyone who has been involved in the development of this game to this point.

I agree, once EHM ended development, I thought that was the end having a hockey management sim. I'm so pleased that you guys have taken this on, and I cannot wait to see what future versions will hold.

Congrats on completing the first version!
yaremchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Big thanks for your hardwork, without you there wouldn't have been another hockey sim.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Let's celebrate and be productive about our requests and complaints.

Big congratulations and even bigger thanks for you guys!

Last edited by geckon; 09-03-2013 at 10:49 AM.
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

I'm a Blues fan.

I find this amusing.

TBN's FHM Forum
TBN's FHM Downloads - coming soon
fireholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
Craig M
Bat Boy

Well done to all involved in getting this far, and here's hoping we see the game going from strength to strength in the years to come.
Craig M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #12
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I'm not going anywhere. I have high hopes for the future
Old 09-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Huge effort on the part of Sebastian, Malte and Jeff as well as all of the researchers and testers including those that had the open beta! I look forward to the future of this product and having Markus and Andreas's knowlegde in the background can't hurt!

RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #14
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
Mgsports is going to go postal!
That was my first thought, too.

Poor mgsports. His dream of an OOTP hockey game finally comes true... but then he can't play as St. Louis.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #15
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireholder View Post
I'm a Blues fan.

I find this amusing.
Never a Blues fan but I used to like Mike Liut and the old face masks!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #16
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Awe - can't manage Barclay, Bill, and Bob.

Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #17
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLwebguy View Post
Never a Blues fan but I used to like Mike Liut and the old face masks!
Loved Mike Liut
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney View Post
I, too, am in it for the duration.

Have the trades been addressed as well?
Yup, I won't claim they're perfect, but the same guy getting traded over and over is fixed.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney View Post
Loved Mike Liut
Always wanted to be a goalie when I was a kid and now kind of living the dream as an adult, albeit in ball hockey!

:-)
Old 09-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #20
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

I guess we shouldn't forget Daniela's work on the graphics and stuff correct?