Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 06-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Are their any facegens and uniforms?

I am wanting to re do my 4 Sports League on OOTP and was wondering if FHM had facegns for all the players like OOTP does and are the uniforms similar in FHM as in OOTP? and where can I get then if they do exist. The more i watch the Hawks the more I want to get this game. While I would rate my baseball knowledge at a 9 or 10 compared to the average fan my hockey knowledge is a 2-4 range I am looking forward to starting an original 6 league with the Hawks and learning more about the history of the team and players. More info then I can find or remember from most books.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

No, FHM doesn't currently support FaceGen.

There are, however, some nice facepacks already available: Franchise Hockey Manager Facepacks | The Blue Line
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

No Facegen yet, but soon. And Andreas gave us an interesting little idea for a hockey-specific use for facegen's capabilities. I won't spoil the surprise (assuming we can make it work), but it should be noticeable.

One issue with Facegen for us: OOTP dodges the "hair" issue by putting caps on everyone. Not really possible for hockey (helmets/visors would make the players look too indistinct, I think), so we may have a fairly limited/ugly hair selection. Or do people have a preference for some kind of head covering, either a helmet or ballcaps (so they'd look like draft-day pictures, which might be a bit incongruous when the guy's in his late 30's)?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No Facegen yet, but soon. And Andreas gave us an interesting little idea for a hockey-specific use for facegen's capabilities. I won't spoil the surprise (assuming we can make it work), but it should be noticeable.

One issue with Facegen for us: OOTP dodges the "hair" issue by putting caps on everyone. Not really possible for hockey (helmets/visors would make the players look too indistinct, I think), so we may have a fairly limited/ugly hair selection. Or do people have a preference for some kind of head covering, either a helmet or ballcaps (so they'd look like draft-day pictures, which might be a bit incongruous when the guy's in his late 30's)?
Personally, I'd say that baseball caps (or other caps) are acceptable since quite a lot of players wear them outside of the ice. After all, isn't it quite a common tradition to wear baseball caps when a team wins the league (not talking NHL only)?
We could go with helmets without visors too I guess but it's not too real since most of the leagues (including NHL from the next year on) require to use visors and most importantly there is a problem with goalies.
The best solution would be hair but it would have to look real and nice and I'm not sure whether this is attainable. But I don't know almost anything about FaceGen and working with it.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

I'm on the other side of the fence - I'd be absolutely against having ballcaps in the FaceGen. Not only does it not make any sense (beyond the stretch that players wear them outside of hockey or for the draft day photo ops), but it would look like a really lazy carry-over from OOTP.

Helmets would make more sense, but in my opinion, they'd still look really out of place and generic for what's supposed to be a player photo. Plus there's the issue of goalie masks.

In the end, I think hair is the only serious option. But if that's too difficult to work out, then I'd say no FaceGen at all. I know it's great in OOTP, but that's OOTP - where FaceGen works really well. If it doesn't work in a hockey game, then it doesn't work in a hockey game. The facepacks we've already seen released for FHM are easily on par with what Football Manager has succeeded so well with.

Last edited by Stinson; 06-10-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
I'm on the other side of the fence - I'd be absolutely against having ballcaps in the FaceGen. Not only does it not make any sense (beyond the stretch that players wear them outside of hockey or for the draft day photo ops), but it would look like a really lazy carry-over from OOTP.

Helmets would make more sense, but in my opinion, they'd still look really out of place and generic for what's supposed to be a player photo. Plus there's the issue of goalie masks.

In the end, I think hair is the only serious option. But if that's too difficult to work out, then I'd say no FaceGen at all. I know it's great in OOTP, but that's OOTP - where FaceGen works really well. If it doesn't work in a hockey game, then it doesn't work in a hockey game. The facepacks we've already seen released for FHM are easily on par with what Football Manager has succeeded so well with.
I agree that baseball caps could look like laziness in someone's eyes. The wearing outside of the ice and on the draft photos and when winning a league isn't really a big stretch though (in my opinion). Players don't play without helmet either.

Facepacks are great, I agree and thank to everyone involved in the process of collecting them, good job. The problem of facepacks is that they don't cover minor leagues well (this is solvable though) and it can't cover fictional players by definition. I'm not talking fictional leagues only. But if you play with your dynasty for 10+ years you will have barely any real players in your league. I like when players are personalized by their face. Also facepacks will never be as uniform as FaceGen.

Not having FaceGen would be a pity, I think. The images I saw in OOTP looked really nice and compact. Surely it isn't worth it for any price but I think and hope we can find some usable solution here.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #7
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Personally I'd prefer pics with hair. Though if the range of hair is really limited and looks bad then I guess we don't really have much of a choice other than to use baseball caps.

I assume if users don't like them, they can always turn them off and use photos instead. Is that right?

Last edited by archibalduk; 06-10-2013 at 05:02 AM.
archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #8
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you may have figured out how to give the players Black eye's and fat Lips Huh?
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
CmdrSharp
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A cap like this:
http://www.supportersaker.se/data/pr...7932-hires.jpg

For every team would be nice.
CmdrSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
sprague
All Star Starter

given that so many players, esp historical, would have a short hair buzz cut, you might be able to get away with just 3-4 hair styles: none, buzz, medium, mullet, long hair (for guys like Guy). That way there would only need to be tweeking and work on a few hair styles.

I agree the baseball cap would look out of place, and a helmet might not bring out the facegen feature enough, while prior to 1980 almost no one was wearing helmets- unless the helmet was more of a smaller version so the face could show well. But that is more for a graphics guy to test out a few options and see how they look.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
My money is on playoff beards!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSharp View Post
A cap like this:
http://www.supportersaker.se/data/pr...7932-hires.jpg

For every team would be nice.
I wont like the game if Blackhawks players are all wearing Rangers caps. it's bad enough we wont be able to resign Bickell.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
phantompenguin
Minors (Single A)

I'd say go with hair...but the facegen hairs can be pretty brutal.

Honestly I'd be fine with caps, but I can see why others may be turned off by the idea.
phantompenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
CmdrSharp
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I wont like the game if Blackhawks players are all wearing Rangers caps. it's bad enough we wont be able to resign Bickell.
Everyone will wear a Rangers cap. Let's go Rangers! ;D
CmdrSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
YZG

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
A couple of Bobby Clarke-style smiles here and there would be neat too
YZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
That would be awesome.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #17
MrSmooth
Minors (Single A)

If having hair takes time from working on the game play and working on player personalities and what not, I'd say go with a cap. It doesn't seem to be too far out of the realm of possibility.
MrSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #18
beatle
All Star Reserve

Any pics of old time players of the 70's, 80's, 90's for the game?

Beatle
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

There are mods and stuff that people have made for facegen with hair. Don't know much about the program though so not sure how you could use it

tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #20
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
There are mods and stuff that people have made for facegen with hair. Don't know much about the program though so not sure how you could use it

i cant get olearysfm.freeforums.org to work
Attached Images