Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

March 13 Database Update Now Available

Our first data update for the FHM Beta is now available:

http://files.ootpdevelopments.com/fh...2013-03-13.zip

Unzip the file and copy the contents into your quickstart_games directory (make sure that the game is not running). This will typically be:

C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games

Overwrite the existing files (they'll replace the contents of your Majors.Quick and Historical.Quick directories; graphics files like team logos will not be overwritten.)

You'll have to start a new game for the data to be updated, they won't affect saves at all. Note that this is a data update only, there are no changes/fixes to the game code.

Since data updating is a continuous process involving 20+ people each making thousands of edits every week, there's too much going on for it to be possible to post a complete list of changes with these updates. However, some notable changes this week are:

-removed duplicate prospects accidentally created during final pre-beta edits last week
-players who debuted in 1980-81 added to historical database
-salary caps removed from pre-2005 historic seasons
-proper budgets set for NHL teams
-most NHL-caliber free agents edited to the same standard as the current NHL players
-fixed several bugs caused by bad/erroneous data
-NHL transactions up-to-date as of Tuesday, March 13
-EIHL and EPIHL no longer marked as junior leagues
-better contract values for European and minor leagues
-large number of NHL players no longer starting on waivers

We aim to release a new data update every Wednesday. Game updates will be less regular, date of the next one is still undecided.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
analgesic
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Thanks Jeff, this looks like a great update.

Have the other 2013 draft picks been added?

EDIT: For some reason nothing has updated, and the windows allowing you to select which database to use no longer pops up. I had to create the folders, as the Out of the Park Developments directory was completely empty. Perhaps I should place the database files somewhere else?

Last edited by analgesic; 03-13-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by analgesic View Post
EDIT: For some reason nothing has updated, and the windows allowing you to select which database to use no longer pops up. I had to create the folders, as the Out of the Park Developments directory was completely empty. Perhaps I should place the database files somewhere else?
The directory shouldn't have been empty. What directory are your saves in? It'll be the same path as that, only the quickstart_games folder instead of the saved_games one.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
analgesic
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
The directory shouldn't have been empty. What directory are your saves in? It'll be the same path as that, only the quickstart_games folder instead of the saved_games one.
Ah, my saves and quickstart folder are in the game directory. It must default there if you don't install the game to C:

You might want to consider implementing an option like EHM had to select which database to use. It's not that important now, but eventually people will want to play games with different databases.

FYI the "Exit" button in the top right corner can't be selected once you're part of the way through setting up a new game.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Has the issue with the 2014 draft being empty been resolved or will that be a future update?
Old 03-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
RCR86
Bat Boy

Awesome. Every update gets me even more amped for the final release.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
analgesic
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushamiBoy View Post
Has the issue with the 2014 draft being empty been resolved or will that be a future update?
Future update. Apparently that's a game engine issue, not a database issue.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushamiBoy View Post
It's bug rather than a data issue. It will be fixed in the next game update.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
shaken_bacon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ah now I have more than $3,000 to spend in the EIHL. =)

Good stuff!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
Julian90
Bat Boy

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but if I want to integrate it, has 35 errors,'' The file could not be created.''
I can't find the error..
Old 03-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Are there supposed to be roster updates in this data update?

I updated the majors quickstart files, started a new game and I notice Mike Brown is still on the Maple Leafs and a host of other things. Doesn't look like much has changed
Old 03-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Are there supposed to be roster updates in this data update?

I updated the majors quickstart files, started a new game and I notice Mike Brown is still on the Maple Leafs and a host of other things. Doesn't look like much has changed
There are roster changes but not necessarily in all leagues. It depends on a researcher whether he added changes in this regard or not. If you have any suggestions please use the respective threads in Beta Data subforum.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

The QMJHL had a overhaul for the first week's update and the update happening next Wednesday will be even better, with more attributes given. MHL has been started and I'll see what happens before midnight.

It all depends on the researcher and the week. It takes a lot of time to do the research and then to add it to the database.