Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Skeptical Hippo
Bat Boy

Quick First thoughts / ideas

Spent a few hours playing around last night on it- have to say I'm very excited about the game, looks to have so much potential. I don't know if it's possible for a game to ever rival the amount of hours I logged in the original EHM, or all the years of FOF (now that I'm an adult and have a real job)... but this one will be close. I can't wait for the real release and on-line leagues.

I haven't played OOTP in a few years so it will take a little getting used to simply just clicking around.

Couple things I noticed / would like to see...It could be there and I haven't found it, or is planned for the future

1) I can't find it anywhere on the player screen when a player was originally drafted, and would be nice if also we could a how acquired line.

2) I remember in OOTP there used to be a screen to make it easy to shuffle the minor rosters around, like a drag and drop to send guys from Majors to AAA, to AA, to A... It'd be nice to have something similiar here with different color codes on where they are eligible to go / what type of contract they have.

NHL to AHL to ECHL to Back to Juniors sort of all in one page

I had one crash- I started a historic league in 1970- simmed through the year quickly and it crashed soon after the finals.... I'm not even sure if historic league is supposed to work yet. but the error was related to searching for data file or something like that, I'll try to recreate the bug and take better notes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical Hippo View Post
2) I remember in OOTP there used to be a screen to make it easy to shuffle the minor rosters around, like a drag and drop to send guys from Majors to AAA, to AA, to A... It'd be nice to have something similiar here with different color codes on where they are eligible to go / what type of contract they have.

That is a great idea!! I definetly would second that...
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
BTerran
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

I haven't played OOTP in several months, but I know the screen you're talking about and I think it would be a great addition to FHM.

I know that it's not quite as simple with hockey because there are players on the AHL and even more on the ECHL team that aren't under your control, so calling up/sending down players sometimes isn't possible. That gets even more problematic when you factor in the junior leagues, but even if it's just a drag-and-drop screen between the NHL and AHL, it'd be helpful.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
Skeptical Hippo
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTerran View Post
I haven't played OOTP in several months, but I know the screen you're talking about and I think it would be a great addition to FHM.

I know that it's not quite as simple with hockey because there are players on the AHL and even more on the ECHL team that aren't under your control, so calling up/sending down players sometimes isn't possible. That gets even more problematic when you factor in the junior leagues, but even if it's just a drag-and-drop screen between the NHL and AHL, it'd be helpful.
Agree, I think this is where the color coding would be nice, guys in grey are on AHL, or ECHL deals and can't be moved by us. Yellow has to clear waivers, blue two way contact, red only eligible for juniors etc. Whatever would be needed to work.

Not sure how feasible it is, especially in the 1st release, but I think it could be very helpful in future versions.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Skeptical Hippo
Bat Boy

I'd like to see a screen that showed all the players that the team owned rights to (the unsigned rookies screen), and how long the team had remaining on their rights.

Also, I could be doing it wrong (quite possible) but it would be nice to see somewhere RFAs who qualifying offers were made to, so they can't walk free...but are still listed on the FA screen. I'm sure there is just as much user error as anything right now on my end
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Agree, I think this is where the color coding would be nice, guys in grey are on AHL, or ECHL deals and can't be moved by us. Yellow has to clear waivers, blue two way contact, red only eligible for juniors etc. Whatever would be needed to work.

Not sure how feasible it is, especially in the 1st release, but I think it could be very helpful in future versions.
Either color coding or with different markings. Think OOTP in terms of:

#: rule 5 draft eligible
*: on 40 man roster

etc. etc.

But totally agree with OP, the drag and drop transaction screen from OOTP is a must.