Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #21
duari91
Bat Boy

The trading system is more advanced that at first glance.

In my opinion, far more advanced than the EHM style trades.

Why? One word, finances.

In EHM, I was literally able to turn a horrible contract, into a golden opportunity. I was able to throw away millions of dollars in a heart beat, and most teams would comply as long as the skill level was a match.

In FHM, finances is taken into account. In other words, you need to look at the teams financial status before making big trades. For example...

Calgary is spending 65 million, and their budget is 68 million.

I go to their team, and inquire about player X (worth 1 million). I offer Player Y with equal or greater skill that has a contract of 4.5 million. Calgary would take a 3.5 million dollar hit to their budget if they accept the contract, regardless of the quality of the player. In some situations, owners will block trades if the finances aren't going to benefit the team.

Here is how you approach this.

Step 1: Find a team with a generous budget to spending ratio. I figure 6 million under the budget is probably generous.

Step 2: Trade contract for contract. In other words, don't offer a 6 million dollar/season contract, and request one of their players only making 2. No GM in their right minds is going to take a 4 million dollar hit for a slight upgrade on their roster. It's not going to happen. You can maybe get away with offering them a player that would force them to take a 1 million dollar hit, but anything over that may be bad for them (unless they have a HUGE budge, and LOW spending).

Step 3: Offer the contract, regardless of what your assistant coaches thing about it. Why? If the GM rejects your offer, go into the trade discussions screen. He will actually tell you WHY he rejected the trade. IE- "We cannot afford the contract hit" or "We wan't more for this player."

My recommendations, get your mind out of the EHM mindset, and you will be fine. EHM had a horrible trade logic, which is why online leagues were horrible. You would see players nabbing Webbers and Ovechkins for horrible financial contracts, and a ton of low level players. Those deals won't fly here.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #22
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

My Assistant isn't making any Trades when I have it set for him to do it.

Also I would like to see Multi Team Trades and NHL Trading with Overseas Teams in the future and also in Historical Leagues Historical Transactions like Trades and so on.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #23
millhousebc
Minors (Double A)

Have had the issue in trying to trade Bobby Lu when I am the GM of the Vancouver Canucks. The response is "The Vancouver Canucks are not interested in trading Roberto Luongo."..........Hmmmmm, yes I am.

Not sure if this is because he is a rated as a key player or not?
Old 03-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #24
Merguson
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
My Assistant isn't making any Trades when I have it set for him to do it.

Also I would like to see Multi Team Trades and NHL Trading with Overseas Teams in the future and also in Historical Leagues Historical Transactions like Trades and so on.
Yeah, I've noticed the lack of trades the assistants makes.

I've simmed several seasons and I can only remember one trade made.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #25
Millwood
Bat Boy

I think I must be the only one who's missing this, but how do you trade draft picks? I don't see any option on the trade info screen.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #26
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

It's right bellow the window on the right where the offers are shown. There is a drop-down list for both teams and DPs are an option...
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #27
Millwood
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusTheFowl View Post
It's right bellow the window on the right where the offers are shown. There is a drop-down list for both teams and DPs are an option...
Thanks! Now I can trade all my draft picks for a veteran player who'll get injured in the first game.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #28
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes my Assistant will make Trades.