Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #21
Russ
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
For Winger

Download it and then extract it into the OOTP quickstart folder. Next time you open OOTP, it will be there.

This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:23 PM   #22
Russ
All Star Starter

If you try to affiliate the minors now, it will cause all sorts of budget and roster problems.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:30 PM   #23
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingerSpreme
Can somebody explain to me how I open a quickstart? All I can find is the quickstarts that come with the game.
you need to unzip this file into this folder:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\OOTP Baseball 2006\data\quickstart_games

once you do that you should see it as an option
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #24
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
If you try to affiliate the minors now, it will cause all sorts of budget and roster problems.
I don't even see an option to affiliate the teams.

this is a great file and I appreciate all the work, but I don't understand the purpose of the minors if the teams aren't affiliated.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #25
WingerSpreme
Bat Boy

Thanks guys.
WingerSpreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:41 PM   #26
Russ
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44
I don't even see an option to affiliate the teams.

this is a great file and I appreciate all the work, but I don't understand the purpose of the minors if the teams aren't affiliated.
It's in the league setup menu under names and affiliations. But when you do that, you take on all of the team's debt. They were operating independently with their own budget before and now all teams will be 20-30M dollars over budget.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:10 AM   #27
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
It's in the league setup menu under names and affiliations. But when you do that, you take on all of the team's debt. They were operating independently with their own budget before and now all teams will be 20-30M dollars over budget.
I have seen it there in my other leagues - but it is not an available option in this quickstart. The budget problem is an issue - but not as much as having 10 minor leagues that are all indepent.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:48 AM   #28
Jester of Death
Minors (Triple A)

The reason they are not affiliated is because our roster maker activated the MAL standard league, deleted the MAL, and then imported the 6.5 Cubby rosters.

When this is done, those teams are automatically disassociated with their parent leagues and cannot be affiliated with another major league team before setting up.

Arizona Diamondbacks - 2011 World Champions???
Jester of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:49 AM   #29
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44
I have seen it there in my other leagues - but it is not an available option in this quickstart. The budget problem is an issue - but not as much as having 10 minor leagues that are all indepent.

I looked for a way around this also and haven't been able to find one. I'd have been happy to affiliate them, if I could, and edit the cash later. But doesn't look like it is possible.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:03 AM   #30
DBR
Minors (Double A)

Looks really cool, I have been searching for about a half hour on how to figure out how to affiliate the minor league teams, but have had no luck. I have done some mods for MVP Baseball 2005, and have had no problem screwing around with that game. I see that Sweed said it doenst look possible to affiliate the teams (I think), but has this been verified that this is impossible to do? This is my first time playing OOTPB and have played Mogul before but am really into the minor leagues so I picked this game up, it would be key if we can figure the affiliate problem out. Sorry for the rambeling.... lol
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:09 AM   #31
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR
Looks really cool, I have been searching for about a half hour on how to figure out how to affiliate the minor league teams, but have had no luck. I have done some mods for MVP Baseball 2005, and have had no problem screwing around with that game. I see that Sweed said it doenst look possible to affiliate the teams (I think), but has this been verified that this is impossible to do? This is my first time playing OOTPB and have played Mogul before but am really into the minor leagues so I picked this game up, it would be key if we can figure the affiliate problem out. Sorry for the rambeling.... lol
Check the post from JOD above mine. He posted while I was writing mine and the way he descibes the file being done affilitating them cannot be done.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:19 AM   #32
DBR
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
Check the post from JOD above mine. He posted while I was writing mine and the way he descibes the file being done affilitating them cannot be done.
What I will try to do is set up Cubbies rosters with AAA and AA minor league affiliates. I should be done in a hour.... Ill stop back in.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:47 AM   #33
avsfan534
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester of Death
The reason they are not affiliated is because our roster maker activated the MAL standard league, deleted the MAL, and then imported the 6.5 Cubby rosters.

When this is done, those teams are automatically disassociated with their parent leagues and cannot be affiliated with another major league team before setting up.
I couldnt find anyother way to import in an updated roster except to do this

as I stated b4 this is only a temporary set to tide everybody over untill Cubbyfan and Rolan's new updated set that they actually used 2006 on is released.

That will hopefully be soon so you wont have to suffer through this one too much longer

avsfan534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:49 AM   #34
avsfan534
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR
What I will try to do is set up Cubbies rosters with AAA and AA minor league affiliates. I should be done in a hour.... Ill stop back in.
I tried doing this when i first set up this quickstart but couldnt quite figure it out. If you do figure it out please let me no so that I may fix it in the future

Old 06-09-2006, 01:53 AM   #35
avsfan534
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Yup, they traded him for Dave Roberts. Indians also traded Kelly Shoppach to St Louis for John Rodriguez. I guess you can just go into commish mode, and trade them back?
Yea sorry about that. I simmed through about 7 days just to get a feel for it. Apparently the AI is pretty trade happy.

You also might have notice that the Rockies have signed a few free agents

Old 06-09-2006, 02:23 AM   #36
DBR
Minors (Double A)

OK, I just finished this up..... it is MLB-A using Cubbies rosters, the Affiliates are attatched.... I just need to upload it somewhere.....
Old 06-09-2006, 02:32 AM   #37
DBR
Minors (Double A)

http://files.filefront.com/MLB1234lg.../fileinfo.html

Here you go guys, this does not have the photos or anything in it. I just got my first OOTPB yesterday, so I am still not sure how to add them, but these do have MLB - single-A teams in it with the affiliates linked to the teams. Let me know what you think. BTW this is not a quickgame file, it is a actual save file. If there are any problems let me know. I will add Low-A, SS A and GCL/AZL teams in the next few days if there is intrested.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:54 AM   #38
CubsWIN
Bat Boy

When I go to import your league it says League import failed - can only import OOTP6/6.5 leagues which are on Opening Day!...can u please tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this?
CubsWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:01 AM   #39
DBR
Minors (Double A)

Dont import it, just put load saved game and choose mlb1234.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:06 AM   #40
CubsWIN
Bat Boy

That isn't one of the options in my load saved games...I downloaded it and extracted the files into the rosters portion...the only games i can load are ones that i have started
CubsWIN is offline   Reply With Quote