Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 12:19 AM   #41
GeoWar
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURNS1981
Where do i unzip all of that stuff in the file to?

read above -- print off for your files so you know the process

Texas Longhorns -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2005

Oregon State Beavers -- NCAA Champion - Baseball 2006 and 2007

With unity comes VICTORY !
GeoWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #42
swishbish33
Minors (Double A)

As far as I can tell, in the Arizona League, the Peoria Padres are missing. Also, in the Gulf Coast League, the Winter Haven Indians are missing as well.
swishbish33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #43
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishbish33
As far as I can tell, in the Arizona League, the Peoria Padres are missing. Also, in the Gulf Coast League, the Winter Haven Indians are missing as well.
Odd numbers of teams in a league issue. Though the actual schedules are available, it was decided to keep those leagues at even numbers of teams to avoid any possible issues with the odd number structure of both leagues.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #44
swishbish33
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
Odd numbers of teams in a league issue. Though the actual schedules are available, it was decided to keep those leagues at even numbers of teams to avoid any possible issues with the odd number structure of both leagues.

I stand corrected. Is there an issue, or is it assumed there would be an issue?

And I'm bummed that my Padres got the ax...

Last edited by swishbish33; 06-03-2006 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #45
dangarion
All Star Reserve

LOL to the Keeping Up Appearances Avatar. I'm more of a Are You Being Served? fan myself.
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:07 PM   #46
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And I'm bummed that my Padres got the ax...
Considering that MLB was considering axing the Arizona League and Gulf Coast League altogether, perhaps the game is just getting a headstart on the MLB plans.

The leagues in question are little more than exhibition leagues anyway; the teams all play at their parent clubs' spring training centres and attendance is non-existant.

Though the AZL and GCL got a reprieve for this season, the long-term plan for MLB is still to eliminate these leagues and rationalize the remaning Rookie/Short Season A level structure.
Old 06-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #47
swishbish33
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange
Considering that MLB was considering axing the Arizona League and Gulf Coast League altogether, perhaps the game is just getting a headstart on the MLB plans.

The leagues in question are little more than exhibition leagues anyway; the teams all play at their parent clubs' spring training centres and attendance is non-existant.

Though the AZL and GCL got a reprieve for this season, the long-term plan for MLB is still to eliminate these leagues and rationalize the remaning Rookie/Short Season A level structure.

Yeah. It really depends on whether MLB cares enough to foster more kids' dreams. In other words, do they leave more teams (ie a combo of the SS and R leagues) so that more kids can play, or do they ax them and have the freshly drafted players start at lower A levels? Personally, I prefer the former, but that's me.

Back on the former: Is it possible to create a quickstart that occurs before the initial draft? In other words, can you form a quickstart that, once loaded, will generate a inaugural draft pool and start on 1-1-2006 every time? Sorry, I haven't tested to see if this is possible, and I don't want to spend the time fleshing out all of the names of teams, etc, if it will just start with the same inaugural draft pool. Thanks.

Last edited by swishbish33; 06-03-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #48
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah. It really depends on whether MLB cares enough to foster more kids' dreams. In other words, do they leave more teams (ie a combo of the SS and R leagues) so that more kids can play, or do they ax them and have the freshly drafted players start at lower A levels?
MLB just feels there are too many leagues playing short seasons and wants to simplify the lower levels.

The Pioneer League was to have been promoted to Short Season A level, giving every MLB team its own affiliate at that level; the Appalachian League status was uncertain. It was either going to be operated as a co-op league with players left over from other organizations or it was going to be folded.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #49
Swimmer
Minors (Double A)

Typo

Just downloaded your Quick start. I noticed that your MLB Defense award is "Glove Glove" rather than "Gold Glove"

Thanks for the great work!
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #50
medlinke
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you!
medlinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 AM   #51
timlowery
Minors (Triple A)

I'm having trouble accessing the two sites mentioned in the first post. Is this quickstart located anywhere else? If not, could someone else host it?

Thanks!

Proud Detroit Tigers fan since 1979!!!

It's not one thing after another, it's the same thing all the time....

timlowery is offline   Reply With Quote