Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #1
cardinalfan3000
Minors (Double A)

Two-Way players

So I have 2 two way players. One plays RF/RP and the other is a LF/SP, however i'm wanting to change my LFer to a SS so he can man that postion til my prospect can come up and fill that role full time. But the ratings are showing up. I've tried everything and the only position i'm able to play him in the IF is 1B and my reigning MVP is there so i don't see playing time for him there. So i'm wondering why can't i change my two way player two SS? It's worth noting that the RP is michael Lorenzen.
cardinalfan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:35 PM   #2
cardinalfan3000
Minors (Double A)

I'm an idiot, it turns out the reason why is because he throws left handed. Well i'm screwed now....
Old 10-02-2019, 11:44 PM   #3
lencombs
All Star Reserve

trade him for a right hander

lencombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:10 AM   #4
cardinalfan3000
Minors (Double A)

I would do that, but he's actually a really good SP.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalfan3000 View Post
i'm wanting to change my LFer to a SS so he can man that postion til my prospect can come up and fill that role full time..
That's a pretty tall order, even disregarding the fact that the player is left-handed. Moving a player from a less-skilled defensive position to a more-skilled one is always going to be a big challenge, and shortstop is probably the second-most skilled defensive position on the diamond, behind only catcher. Besides, a left-handed pitcher is, all other things being equal, much more valuable than a left-handed outfielder. If I were the GM, I'd just convert him to being a full-time pitcher.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #6
cardinalfan3000
Minors (Double A)

Yeah i am thinking about just doing that. His hitting ratings aren't that good anyway. He's currently playing LF every 3rd or 4th game
Old 10-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #7
Anyone
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
That's a pretty tall order, even disregarding the fact that the player is left-handed. Moving a player from a less-skilled defensive position to a more-skilled one is always going to be a big challenge, and shortstop is probably the second-most skilled defensive position on the diamond, behind only catcher.
Totally agreed on this, No matter what hand he throws with, converting an OF to a SS is nearly impossible in real life or OOTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromchicago View Post
Besides, a left-handed pitcher is, all other things being equal, much more valuable than a left-handed outfielder. If I were the GM, I'd just convert him to being a full-time pitcher.
Yankees' fans in the '20's are glad they didn't think that about Babe Ruth, and Ruth was a very good pitcher. Of course he was even more amazing as a hitter, but before using him in the OF they didn't have enough to go on to be sure he'd be an even better hitter than he was a pitcher, because he was a very good pitcher.

In OOTP as it stands it doesn't seem to hurt one's pitching to play another position when not pitching, so I don't see a reason not to have a guy who's good at both OF and P play the OF when he's not pitching and not too tired from having pitched.
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote