Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Sunday pulls

Doing my usual pull and I happened across this little gem.
My first ever perfect pull for PT 20
I have a handful of other perfects, but they are live player who grew into perfects.

And one of my favorite historical players
Attached Images
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 02:55 AM   #2
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Awesome. Which of your teams got it?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
BKlip
Bat Boy

So encouraging! I pulled 15 packs yesterday and the best I got were 2 Gold live cards
Old 08-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
Magus978
All Star Starter

Weekend pulls in general were great to me. Hal Newhouser for my Boppers, peak Roberto Alomar for my Mets, and the biggest prize...Wee Willie Keeler for my Patriots.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKlip View Post
So encouraging! I pulled 15 packs yesterday and the best I got were 2 Gold live cards
I had 4 Gold in my last 50, 0 Diamonds. I think my number of packs without a diamond pull is at 67 right now. For a f2p pack only guy like me that's pretty brutal. I surely won't go for another packs only team next year, it's a waste of points and a terrible experience.

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:25 AM   #6
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Awesome. Which of your teams got it?
The Lookouts team
Old 08-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #7
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
I had 4 Gold in my last 50, 0 Diamonds. I think my number of packs without a diamond pull is at 67 right now. For a f2p pack only guy like me that's pretty brutal. I surely won't go for another packs only team next year, it's a waste of points and a terrible experience.
Those runs can hurt. But packs only FTP has been the most fun for me. Two of my teams are set up like that.
The Zurich team is the exception, FTP with some AH. Oddly they are the team that made it to furthest, Diamond level for two seasons, and are now the worst.

FTP packs only makes me feel more connected to my players. I am not saying it’s the only way to play. But it’s my preferred method of playing.

But I have found it’s hard to get between gold to diamond when you play this way. Gold seems to be where most of my teams top out. Maybe by the end of this current RL season I can get a team or two into Diamond and maybe even sniff perfect and see what it’s like.

But I have fun which is the most important thing. And it’s all the sweeter when players you get out of packs are the ones you see on your teams.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:02 AM   #8
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancariaz View Post
All my teams are pack only and they've risen through the ranks. Just pulled a perfect Scherzer on one of my Diamond teams. I enjoy these teams more than the theme teams I have in OOTP19. When that Perfect card slides up out of the pack......

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:53 PM   #9
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I don't open a lot of packs. However, pulling Buck Ewing of the New York Giants from a challenge pack on my "Teams That Later Moved" Theme Team felt quite nice. Thank you, gods of RNG, for briefly aligning the stars for me.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:54 PM   #10
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I don't open a lot of packs. However, pulling Buck Ewing of the New York Giants from a challenge pack on my "Teams That Later Moved" Theme Team felt quite nice. Thank you, gods of RNG, for briefly aligning the stars for me.
If they would add 20-25 more cards it would be nice to try out a 19th century theme team.
But those they have released tend to be high diamonds or perfects and thus damn expensive.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #11
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
If they would add 20-25 more cards it would be nice to try out a 19th century theme team.
But those they have released tend to be high diamonds or perfects and thus damn expensive.
That would be wonderful, but I suspect it would be rather difficult in practice, at least for this iteration of PT.

For midseason additions, they surely want a bit of excitement associated with a card (sure, I was absolutely THRILLED to see my boy Clint Courtney added to the game, but I was very much in the minority, so much so that Kris had to respond to the stream chat asking questions like "who," "why," and "who the *** requested this crap," which kind of made things a little uncomfortable tbh). So any extremely old players getting cards will most likely be accompanied by stats that players can get excited over, allowing the bronze and silver additions to be filled up by players that are remembered enough to bring along some nostalgia.

Additionally, the card categories can extremely limit the selection. With no All Star game, far fewer awards, and other limitations, the most consistent way to get an older player into the game is as an All-Time Legend. Considering the lack of knowledge of this era of baseball, they almost HAVE to be an all time legend to even be remembered. Regardless, the nature of how PEAK cards are calculated ensures inflated ratings.

Because of all this, I think our best bet for getting more cards in the game from this era is to wait and hope they are included in next year's OOTP. The chances of this could be improved if they continue to tinker with categories to eliminate more eligibility issues. Reintroducing the Top WAR card category could be a decent start, allowing many lost cards to be reintroduced to the game without having to wait for Special Editions (I like to think of this as the Sisler Effect )

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #12
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

1st season in Gold Foxx puts up a 145 OPS+ and a 4.1 WAR