Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 12-21-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
whaleheader
Minors (Triple A)

Criteria for Revocable Waivers

I'm trying to get a handle on how waivers work but can't find out what the criteria is that differentiates between players who can be put on revocable waivers and those who can't. I've run a few tests can't find the common thread that links the players who can be placed on revocable waivers.

Can anyone enlighten me?
whaleheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
broskiier
Bat Boy

This is not an official answer, but an educated one based on my personal experience kinda just figuring it out as I went along.

First of all: the primary purpose of waivers is to remove someone from your 40 man roster. In some cases, you may want to remove him from your 40 man, but still keep him in your organization. That is the scenario where the difference between irrevocable vs revocable waivers most comes into play.

So, let's say you do just that: waive a guy to remove him from 40 man, but you hope to keep him in your minors. Now the question is, does he still have option years? If yes, then you can pull him back. If no, then its an irrevocable waiver and if anyone grabs him, he's gone. If nobody does, you can continue with your plan as you would have normally, with the exception that if the player has a certain amount of 40 man time and/or ML time, he can deny the move.
broskiier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:55 AM   #3
whaleheader
Minors (Triple A)

Despite multiple tests I still haven't figured out the criteria that allows some players to be pulled back from waivers.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleheader View Post
Despite multiple tests I still haven't figured out the criteria that allows some players to be pulled back from waivers.
Options.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #5
whaleheader
Minors (Triple A)

I zeroed out all options for my league’s initial OOTP season, so that’s not it.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
SteveBalboni
Bat Boy

I have a no0b question along similar lines. Got the game last week and loving it. Did the fantasy draft. Once you pick about 40 guys of 270 rounds it auto drafts and unfortunately fills your roster with some big salary ****ty players no one else wanted. They start on my 25 man and guys I actually wanted start on my 40 man. So my questions are:

If you're on the 40 man but not 25 man where are you? Can you go freely between 25 man and 40 man without options? If so, how?

How/where can you tell who has options and how many?

Sorry for the trivial questions.
SteveBalboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 02:49 AM   #7
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleheader View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Options.
OOTP shouldn't be doing that, as options have no impact whatsoever on waivers under real-life rules. (And even when they did, under the optional assignment waiver, OOTP didn't recreate those anyway.)
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:25 PM   #8
BaseballGoodToMe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBalboni View Post

If you're on the 40 man but not 25 man where are you?

DL or minor leagues. 40 man = 25 man +15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBalboni View Post
How/where can you tell who has options and how many?

Contract and status tab of player profile.
BaseballGoodToMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #9
bsmuke22
Bat Boy

Not sure if this will help you but revocable waivers really only has use after the trade deadline. The other time you might want to use it is when you waive a player, normally it is to get him off of the 40 man roster. You may want to keep him so you put him on revocable waivers in case he is claimed. The issue here is when you pull him back he remains on your 40 man roster. If you put the player on just regular waivers you take a chance on losing that player if he is claimed.

Unless anyone else can add anything, the only 2 times I can see using revocable waivers is for trades after the deadline and trying to clear a player from the 40 man roster but not wanting to lose him.
bsmuke22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:42 AM   #10
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmuke22 View Post
The other time you might want to use it is when you waive a player, normally it is to get him off of the 40 man roster.
Except that is not a permitted transaction in real life. If you want to remove a player from the 40-man roster, you're either trading him (which involves revocable trade waivers if the move is after the trade deadline), outrighting him (which involves irrevocable outright assignment waivers), or releasing him (which involved irrevocable unconditional release waivers, which are essentially a formality).
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:40 AM   #11
bsmuke22
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
Except that is not a permitted transaction in real life. If you want to remove a player from the 40-man roster, you're either trading him (which involves revocable trade waivers if the move is after the trade deadline), outrighting him (which involves irrevocable outright assignment waivers), or releasing him (which involved irrevocable unconditional release waivers, which are essentially a formality).
Very true, I stand corrected.
bsmuke22 is offline   Reply With Quote