Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:17 PM   #1
huff23
Bat Boy

Game crashes whenever I try to advance to the next day from May 1, 2023. Software version 4.7.80

Crashed with previous software version so updated to 4.7.80 but still crashes
huff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:01 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Can upload the save? There's nothing specific that happens on that date that's known to be an issue, but we can have a look at the saved game and possibly find/fix the problem. Instructions for uploading are here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
huff23
Bat Boy

I am having problems trying to zip and upload the files. I've got a Mac - OSX 10.10.5 - I am not seeing an "Out of the Park Developments" folder in the "Application Support" folder of the Library per the Mac uploading instructions. Any idea what I am missing.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:58 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

If you go to the game's start screen, then click on settings, then troubleshooting, then "open settings folder", that'll take you to the main folder. Open the saved_games folder from there and you'll be at step 4 in the instructions.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #5
huff23
Bat Boy

Thanks for your help. Uploaded to 'incoming\fhm\saved_games' folder - 'huff23archive.zip'
Old 03-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I downloaded your save, looked into it and found the error (a national team played in two tournaments at the same time and when they finished the first, cleared their roster). I think we can fix it for you, we will try tomorrow and if we get it done, upload it for you so you can download, exchange the files and move on with you game. Thanks for reporting it.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Here is the fixed save, just replace the files in your save game folder.

http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/hoc...3_fixed.lg.zip

Let me know if you need more help!
Old 03-26-2018, 09:13 PM   #8
huff23
Bat Boy

Swapped the files and reloaded but it still gets hung up and crashes in the same spot. Any other ideas?
Old 03-27-2018, 12:25 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think something may not have copied over correctly when you swapped the files, it's running without a crash for me when I try it. Try this: delete all the .dat files in the save (.lg) folder, then copy the files from Sebastian's save into it; that way you know the old ones have all been replaced.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #10
huff23
Bat Boy

Tried that and it didn't work. However, within the particular saved game folder that the 35 x .dat files go into, were two additional folders 'rs_one' and 'rs_two' that contained similar .dat files. Once I removed those and tried reloading it worked. Are 'rs_one' and 'rs_two' additional files copied/created when it crashes or something? I assume there won't be any long term issues removing 'rs_one' and 'rs_two"?

Thanks for your help and patience!
Old 03-28-2018, 02:24 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, you'll be fine without those, they're the rolling saves - previous copies of the save that are preserved as backups when you create a new one. If you've reloaded and saved multiple times trying to get the game to continue, they were probably old versions of the broken game. Although it's a little surprising that they'd have any influence on the new files.