Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #1
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

Best Way to transition from modern-historical to current 2015 MLB?

I'm an OOTP vet but when it comes to historical leagues.. I'm a noob. I'm trying to use the Spritze db to go from the 90's and up to 2015 and beyond. My main issue is that the database is extremely small when it gets to recent years - 34 debuts in 2010, 8 in 2011, 1 (!!) in 2012, 7 in 2013, then 234 in 2014. I'm using this db because I don't like the OOTP default limitation of players imported in the draft the year of their MLB debut, I MUCH prefer minor league development. So here are my questions:

1. Am I using the best database to accurately mirror as close as possible real life drafts?
2. What happened to the number of players in this database in recent years?? The draft had 2 players in it when I hit 2011 and actually caused my game to crash when I was trying to auto-sim through it. This alone makes me want to scrap my idea.
3. Can I beef up the draft (NOT auto-fill minor leagues) with fictional players if no more actual players exist? I prefer playing with full minors (again, development is more important to me, not MLB debut).
4. Assuming all of the above gets sorted out - will OOTP know to automatically make the switch to it's own current day database of real players in the draft, as it would if I did a 2015 quickstart?

Thanks in advance for the help, guys!
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote