Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
PedroGuerrero28
Bat Boy

improved 3d ballpark editor

I have had OOTP 15 since it came out in April. I downloaded the latest patch, but I still don't understand what improvements were made in the ballpark editor? I am trying to figure it out.
PedroGuerrero28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
StickWillett
Minors (Single A)

Angry I see little ball flight improvement but that's it...3D is still a long way off!

I was hoping the 3D improvement would be a noticeable improvement but this patch is quite a disappointment from what I had hoped it would be. I see a few more different flight changes of the ball and that is it. I see higher pop-ups and higher long flies and abrupt ground ball hits indicative of a fielder catching the grounder and making a play even though no fielder action is seen. I unfortunately I am seeing the pitches now coming no longer down crossing the plate but every pitch is traveling directly inside across the right handed batter's box! Why this is I don't know. Even when the pitch is a called strike it still is way inside and coming at the right handed batter always. Every pitch is the same whether hit or not. I hope the next patch fixes this because its an obvious step back with this patch for pitching graphics!
StickWillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
Jorin Guderian
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickWillett View Post
I was hoping the 3D improvement would be a noticeable improvement but this patch is quite a disappointment from what I had hoped it would be. I see a few more different flight changes of the ball and that is it. I see higher pop-ups and higher long flies and abrupt ground ball hits indicative of a fielder catching the grounder and making a play even though no fielder action is seen. I unfortunately I am seeing the pitches now coming no longer down crossing the plate but every pitch is traveling directly inside across the right handed batter's box! Why this is I don't know. Even when the pitch is a called strike it still is way inside and coming at the right handed batter always. Every pitch is the same whether hit or not. I hope the next patch fixes this because its an obvious step back with this patch for pitching graphics!
Could it be that you changed the position of the stadium in the 3D- Editor so it does not align
to the field grid any more but is moved a bit to the left so the ball seams to fly not over but to the right of the home plate? If so, try try to make the stadium fit better to the field grid in the 3D-Editor.
Jorin Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
Jorin Guderian
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickWillett View Post

Please wait till update Nr.5 in the next days. It will have the following improvements:

-Autofit functionality:
A new stadium gets aligned to the grid of the retro sheat by simply placing 3 dots.
It will be described in the manuel.
-Ability to yaw the camera
-Easyer mouse usage
-Autocentering for new loaded stadiums
-Button for automatic center alignment for stadiums allready in use.
-Simplification of the rightpanel in the 3D editor
Jorin Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote