Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
brian12
Minors (Single A)

Basketball Sim Recommendation

While we wait for this game to be straightened out, can anyone recommend a good basketball sim?

Would love to play a good hockey one, but while that's still a work in progress, I figure I would explore a different sports sim that's not in direct competition with our OOTP friends.
brian12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Depending on what you're looking for:

NBA: Grey Dog's Fast Break Pro Basketball or Wolverine's Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 3.

College: Grey Dog's Fast Break College Basketball or Wolverine's Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2. I like the recruiting system in Wolverine's game.

International: World Basketball Manager Tycoon (there's an earlier version of it on Steam as "World Basketball Manager") or Basketball Pro Management.

I think that's it for management-style basketball games; there are probably a few stat replay-type basketball games, too.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 3 by Wolverine Studios would be my recommendation. Have bought all versions of this game and its my NBA game of choice :-)
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
DWK
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Depending on what you're looking for:

NBA: Grey Dog's Fast Break Pro Basketball or Wolverine's Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 3.
I've played both and my choice would be Wolverine's Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball 3
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
gglennwill
Minors (Triple A)

The Wolverine game is excellent. But one thing I like about the Grey Dog Fast Break Pro Basketball game is that it comes with all of the past seasons included, whereas the Wolverine game makes you pay individually for each season.
gglennwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

Basketball Sim Recommendation

Would recommend, too, Wolverine Studios DDS: PB3 (Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 3). Although it still has some minor bugs/issues, I'm happy with it.

Buf if you want to play historical, as mentioned above, you may want to try Grey Dog's Fast Break Pro Basketball. The game includes all seasons from 1946 up to the present, if I'm not mistaken...

Last edited by themonk; 01-23-2015 at 10:05 PM.
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #7
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglennwill View Post
The Wolverine game is excellent. But one thing I like about the Grey Dog Fast Break Pro Basketball game is that it comes with all of the past seasons included, whereas the Wolverine game makes you pay individually for each season.
Doesnt the wolverine game have a bunch of wacky stats as well? Ive been playing Fastbreak lately and am amazed by how historically accurate the stats have been.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
gglennwill
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Doesnt the wolverine game have a bunch of wacky stats as well? Ive been playing Fastbreak lately and am amazed by how historically accurate the stats have been.
Yeah, I've only played the demo for FastBreak, but I was also struck by how accurate it appeared to be, at least when I let it play itself. Yes, it does have all of the NBA seasons included in one price. I will say that the Wolverine game does have a 2D graphic which is pretty cool, but I definitely would like to pick up the Greydog Fastbreak game as soon as I can afford it because I like to do historical seasons. You can also start with real players in a certain season and go fictional from that point on. If you only care about fictional and like the 2D graphics, the Wolverine game is for you; if historical and whatif scenarios interest you, FastBreak is probably the game (it does include fictional also).
gglennwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I used to play the Wolverine game a couple years ago. But since discovering the previous version of FBPB that has been the game for me. The new version, Fast Break Pro Basketball 3, is great. Historical, fictional, I love it.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #10
stevebydac
All Star Reserve

Similar request...

If I wanted to create a college setup, with fictional teams and conferences as I wish, and was more interested in recruiting than playing every game out, which college game would suit me more? Grey Dog's Fast Break College Basketball or Wolverine's Draft Day Sports: College Basketball?

Thanks!

stevebydac is offline   Reply With Quote