Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #121
tward13
All Star Starter

While I agree that the thread may be more than many want to see:

a. You don't have to open it.

b. It provides a placed for frustrated people to blow off steam and hopefully not have this level of complaining in 10 other threads.

c. They're not entirely wrong and some valid points are made.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #122
stephen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
If you play in one of the 'better' leagues like the NHL/KHL then the game is fine and nothing too stupid will happen.
The game is fine? on what planet?
Not being able to sign UFA or RFA players is NOT fine
The game crashing when changing goalies in a match due to injury is NOT fine
The game becoming unresponsive when simming to a specific date, or next week, or to next game etc is NOT fine
The game not stopping at specified date when simming is NOT fine
The game being incredibly slow when searching through the player base is NOT fine.

and thats just were I gave up. Look through other peoples posts and you will see other problems, with the 'better' leagues.

They should be embarrassed by what they've put out as a 'full product'.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #123
stephen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Think I made the same point yesterday. It is getting beyond tedious. There is nothing new that hasn't been said, quoted, misquoted or argued that has now not been said......Please let's just bury the thread and step away from it, it's tired now...
Yeah thats it, bury your head in the sand, no problems to see here...
Old 09-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #124
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
You should be embarrassed by the fact that you used the term "match"! This is not tennis, soccer or rugby! It's hockey, it's a ""game"!

Sorry I am just being rude at the expense of others.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #125
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLwebguy View Post
You should be embarrassed by the fact that you used the term "match"! This is not tennis, soccer or rugby! It's hockey, it's a ""game"!

Sorry I am just being rude at the expense of others.
There is a Match Penalty in hockey.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #126
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The game is fine? on what planet?
Not being able to sign UFA or RFA players is NOT fine
The game becoming unresponsive when simming to a specific date, or next week, or to next game etc is NOT fine
The game not stopping at specified date when simming is NOT fine
The game being incredibly slow when searching through the player base is NOT fine.

and thats just were I gave up. Look through other peoples posts and you will see other problems, with the 'better' leagues.

They should be embarrassed by what they've put out as a 'full product'.
Again, how many bugs have you reported in a civilized manner using the proper thread? Hmmm, none!

How about you stop bashing and report what is broken and let the developers fix the issue. Perhaps most of this will be better after a patch or two? Wait and see and then gripe some more if they fail to address your concerns.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #127
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
There is a Match Penalty in hockey.
The term wasn't used in the right context ;-)
Old 09-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #128
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLwebguy View Post
Again, how many bugs have you reported in a civilized manner using the proper thread? Hmmm, none!

How about you stop bashing and report what is broken and let the developers fix the issue. Perhaps most of this will be better after a patch or two? Wait and see and then gripe some more if they fail to address your concerns.
that has been the standard answer here. just wait. back in 2012 major problems were already getting presented

in january- its just started wait for the beta process
during beta- calm down dude it's just a beta, wait for september
september- its just a new game wait for the patches
2017- hey dude its only 2017, wait till 2039...
sometimes one has to take honest stock of a situation

this game had major hockey realism issues from the start, none seem to be important enough to address
the roster, crashes, bugs are a problem on top of a problem
it has no proper hockey realism in game results, or how those results are generated, why A defeated B.
its not a hockey game, and it doesn't work..

beta testing people may be fine with that, but the main sales are supposed to come from out there
in the non ootp world, where they are only looking at product vs $40 price
people coming in as new sales will be very dissapointed with all of this

Last edited by sprague; 09-05-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #129
Weissy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

sprague no one forcing you to buy the game ... so stop whining like 5y kid
Old 09-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #130
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

I think that this game is awesome. I havent noticed any crash or anything and i have played about 5 season now. Of course there are few minor bugs but thats ok. Id like to thank OOTP team and keep up good work!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #131
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Yeah thats it, bury your head in the sand, no problems to see here...
Nobody is burying their head in the sand. I paid for the game like everyone else and some of the bugs still in the game when it was released left me disappointed as well. However the OOTP team are addressing those issues and a patch is coming out in the next couple of days.

I think there comes a point where the moaning needs to stop and I think we have passed that already. If you think the game is that bad and you have bought it ask for a refund and quit coming on here and having a go at people. Some of the posts are pretty much sod all to do with the game but forum users trying to get one over on other posters and attempting to look clever in doings so and that is pretty sad. Grow up folks its a computer game.

I am also a big fan of Football Manager and the last version required quite a few patches to work properly and this is a title that has been going for years and should be pretty stable. Cut the OOTP guys some slack.

Last edited by Penfold75; 09-05-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #132
Penfold75
Major Leagues

1. Crashes when clicking on names of players currently playing in non-playable leagues (e.g., on draft previews or during draft.)
2. Crashes when adding players to a trade, or moving scroll bar while looking at trade offers.
3. When changing goalies during a game, impossible to move the starter to G2, and therefore impossible to continue.
4. Teams passing on draft picks in historical mode.
5. Not possible to re-sign your own players.
6. Swedish relegation (in both leagues) not working correctly.
7. Goalie shutouts not recorded and W-L-T recorded incorrectly.
8. Computer-run teams making trade requests to the player but offering nothing in return.
9. Crash in custom mode when draft is disabled and inaugural player draft is simmed thorugh.
10. Inaugural draft in custom mode forcing user to choose goalies first.
11. Ability rating not recalculated after editing player.
12. Not able to start any games as St. Louis.
13. No drafts (entry or expansion) in historical mode.
14. Newly generated players outside Canada and US always get their national capital as a birthplace.
15. Too easy to acquire player rights in trades.
16. Players serving bench minors get 2 minutes added to their PIM.

This is only some of the things that have been fixed already mentioned in an earlier post. All this sorted within 2 days folks. Another reason to give up the moaning :-)
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #133
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
1. Crashes when clicking on names of players currently playing in non-playable leagues (e.g., on draft previews or during draft.)
2. Crashes when adding players to a trade, or moving scroll bar while looking at trade offers.
3. When changing goalies during a game, impossible to move the starter to G2, and therefore impossible to continue.
4. Teams passing on draft picks in historical mode.
5. Not possible to re-sign your own players.
6. Swedish relegation (in both leagues) not working correctly.
7. Goalie shutouts not recorded and W-L-T recorded incorrectly.
8. Computer-run teams making trade requests to the player but offering nothing in return.
9. Crash in custom mode when draft is disabled and inaugural player draft is simmed thorugh.
10. Inaugural draft in custom mode forcing user to choose goalies first.
11. Ability rating not recalculated after editing player.
12. Not able to start any games as St. Louis.
13. No drafts (entry or expansion) in historical mode.
14. Newly generated players outside Canada and US always get their national capital as a birthplace.
15. Too easy to acquire player rights in trades.
16. Players serving bench minors get 2 minutes added to their PIM.

This is only some of the things that have been fixed already mentioned in an earlier post. All this sorted within 2 days folks. Another reason to give up the moaning :-)
has nothing to do why people are moaning that they are patching it.why people are complaining is that you just dont release a game with that many bugs to begin with and you are scaring away potential buyers which seems hard for many to understand.just because they are patching the game over time doesent justify releasing a game with to many bugs and they could have waited a week if thats all they needed to fix most of the enoying bugs which made it unplayeble for me.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #134
Penfold75
Major Leagues

I'm 38 years old. I have been playing games for about 26 years now. To say games are never released with this many bugs ever is just absolute BULL****. We have all bought games that have been more unplayable than this game and the company hasn't offered patches/fixes as quick as OOTP have. I think it is getting to the stage people are just moaning for the sake of it. Move on folks.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #135
BradC
All Star Starter

Okay, I'm going to close this thread now because it's the same thing over and over again, and "Are you taking the piss?" makes me wonder what kind of web site I'm on every time I see it. (An alt-sex forum?)

Can everyone, whether you love FHM v1 or hate it or are somewhere in between, just step away from the game, give us a chance to release the patch and then resume this discussion in a new thread after you've run it through its paces?

Thanks.

Last edited by BradC; 09-05-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Closed Thread