Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 03-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #1
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Attributes and Potential.

Ok, I'm not really sure I understand this at all. I'm trying to figure this out but am having a hard time. Maybe it's the way I view players or scouts or even the database itself but I am going to ask some help in figuring this out.

Nick Schultz is a 4 star, 4.5 star player as a LD for the Edmonton Oilers. His offense ratings are...

Skating 15
Shooting 13
Puckhandling 15
Playmaking 13

Defence is...

Defending 18
Faceoffs 8
Physicality 11
Fighting 7

These are his current ratings. Now if I am to look into his editor options and check his potential ratings, there are more ratings that are broken down into a bigger category, which is good. The numbers are more spread out which helps get to the 4 numbers that are shown. However, the potential numbers are...

Offensive Potential - 655
Defensive Potential - 813

So really, what do these numbers mean exactly? Is this a base rating overall so that the game determines a cap for potential and it's a blanket number for the attributes in that category or is there an unknown formula for each attribute?

Looking at Justin Schultz the 4 offensive attributes it lists are 15, 13, 17, 14 and the defensive ones are 13-9-8-7. Going into his potential numbers, it lists 650 as defensive potential and 775 as offensive potential. That means he will for sure become better offensively but not much better defensively I assume but since these numbers are all what is shown already and no individual number has an amount to "get to", how much better is he actually going to get? He is listed as a 3/3 for stars so I would think, not better at all.

I dont really know if I said that correctly or not or explained it well but I just don't get what those numbers mean at all. Are they blanket numbers for ALL attributes or is it a pure guessing game? Reason I am asking is because I like to create players on my own but right now, I have no idea how to make these players and have them grow properly or at least how I want them to.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
bruins77
Bat Boy

I also am having a bit of trouble telling exactly how the potential attribute "govern" the actual skill attributes. Unfortunately since it is just a beta and everything is subject to change i am afraid we wont get a definite answer till closer to release when everything is a bit more set in stone, but then again i am just guessing.
bruins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I just read this, posted by JeffR in another thread...

Quote:
Basically, the 0-1000 number works as a percentage of the 20-point scale - so 800 means his attributes in that category will, if he reaches his potential, average 16.

The whole ratings system is a bit complicated to get into right at the moment (the player section of the simplified ratings guide runs about a dozen pages and isn't complete), but I'll start posting more details as time permits.
That clears it up a little bit
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote