Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test

Old 03-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
RCR86
Bat Boy

Couple of Requests.

First off, I'm loving the beta so far and can't wait to see the finished product come September. I basically have two requests, neither of which can be considered high-priority or deal breaking features if they aren't implemented.

Is there any way to lower the minimum starting age for the human manager? As of right now, the most recent available birth year is 1982 and for role-playing purposes I can't play myself because 1986 isn't listed. Is lowering the minimum age for a manager to 25 (or 1988 birth year) possible?

My second request pertains to implementing a delete button in the "Load Game" menu. It gets kind of tedious navigating to the saved game folder in order to delete a previous save.

I'll be more than fine if neither of these things happen, just thought I'd take a chance in seeing if they're at all feasible. Thanks guys for all your work!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

If I were to guess, I would say both of your requests will be done before the actual release of the game. With it being early beta just might not happen for awhile.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
If I were to guess, I would say both of your requests will be done before the actual release of the game. With it being early beta just might not happen for awhile.
Request #1 of lowering the possible ages of GMs needs to be changed in OOTP too . I have never been able to get my real age into that game either.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

Then again, where do you put the limit? should it really be possible for, say, a 7 year old kid to manage a team?
Old 03-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #5
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafarfloune View Post
Then again, where do you put the limit? should it really be possible for, say, a 7 year old kid to manage a team?
That is the whole point of the game! Anyone can be the GM of any team. Really, does the GM age affect anything? If not, then who cares?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
RCR86
Bat Boy

Thanks guys. I think 25, or even 20, would be a reasonable minimum age for a GM/coach. Especially, for an individual looking to start in the lower leagues and move their way up the ranks.

I mean if a player with generational talent can stroll into the NHL at 18 and dominate, who's to say that a person of similar age can't be as equally adept at managing/coaching. There's always someone who comes along and breaks the mold, so why the heck not me at 26? Why can't I be the Crosby of managing? For instance, Paul Maurice was only 28 when he landed a head coaching position with the Whalers. I'm only a couple of years younger so it's not totally out of reach.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #7
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayze302 View Post
That is the whole point of the game! Anyone can be the GM of any team. Really, does the GM age affect anything? If not, then who cares?
Agree...Personally, I can't wait for stability so I can put the clock to 1950, set my age to 20 and reputation to "unknown idiot". The only job I will be able to get us coaching the worst 14yr olds in Australia. But by the time I'm 55, where will I be?

Within reason, no restrictions...(oxymoron?)
Old 03-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusTheFowl View Post
Agree...Personally, I can't wait for stability so I can put the clock to 1950, set my age to 20 and reputation to "unknown idiot". The only job I will be able to get us coaching the worst 14yr olds in Australia. But by the time I'm 55, where will I be?

Within reason, no restrictions...(oxymoron?)

The only thing is you won't be able to coach the worst 14yr olds in Australia in historic mode. NHL only.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingpopcorn View Post
The only thing is you won't be able to coach the worst 14yr olds in Australia in historic mode. NHL only.
In fantasy mode you will