Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 11-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
GlennN
Minors (Single A)

Basic question about WTHM

Although I presume it will follow the way OOTP is done, I am hoping WTHM will allow a user to turn off parts of the game, to make it less intimidating or time-consuming. At first, the complexity of OOTP turned me off and I played Baseball Mogul or Puresim for several years. When I realized I could turn off scouting and coaching, and get rid of minor league systems, I tried OOTP again and loved it. EHM was actually to complex for me to enjoy. I would like the ability to again turn off some aspects of things, so I can just build my team, set my lineups and watch my players develop and grow.
GlennN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN View Post
Although I presume it will follow the way OOTP is done, I am hoping WTHM will allow a user to turn off parts of the game, to make it less intimidating or time-consuming. At first, the complexity of OOTP turned me off and I played Baseball Mogul or Puresim for several years. When I realized I could turn off scouting and coaching, and get rid of minor league systems, I tried OOTP again and loved it. EHM was actually to complex for me to enjoy. I would like the ability to again turn off some aspects of things, so I can just build my team, set my lineups and watch my players develop and grow.
We will try to assist a new user as much as possible, because an easy accessibility is very important to us. Therefore, we will implement an Assistant Manager into the game (of course optional), who will provide a new manager with useful information.
I personally believe that significant game features such as scouting should not be turned off completely. It should rather be possible to assign the AI to take care of the scouting.

Last edited by Malte Schwarz; 11-11-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

i hope these kinds of options will be tunable by the user...each player has his/her own way to play. I personally hate scouting and like to be the commish of my fictional league knowing everything and letting the games and management get played out by the AI.

I completely agree with the original poster! I hated EHM because it was not customizable enough and that is why i do not like football manager either. Only OOTP and professional football simulator from barcode games allow me to do this.
MooK881 is offline   Reply With Quote