Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Fighter Database

Old 10-18-2004, 10:10 AM   #1
TB Database

Chartchai Chionoi (016406)

Old 09-22-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

His record has been updated at Boxrec. Perhaps it is time to re-visit this rating?
Old 09-23-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS
His record has been updated at Boxrec. Perhaps it is time to re-visit this rating?
Chris, with your knowledge of Chionoi, would you want to give it a crack? Would be very eager to see how you rate him out.
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #4
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMatt
Chris, with your knowledge of Chionoi, would you want to give it a crack? Would be very eager to see how you rate him out.
I did that ages ago but never wanted to post it because he is one of the Trunzo ratings.

I think that they focused too much on his streaky nature in making the rating and in doing so failed to recognize what an aggressive, powerful flyweight he was. His throw-caution-to-the-wind aggression may account for his otherwise inexplicable results against mediocre talent (he drew with a Cambodian novice early on!)

But, and this is a huge but, Chionoi stopped Walter McGowan twice, stopped Chervet and beat him on points a second time, decisioned Efren Torres and Villacampo. I think that they might have been looking more at the awful losses and draws when they did this rating.

The original rating grossly undervalues his power in my opinion and leaves us with a fighter for whom it is nearly impossible to beat McGowan and Chervet and who does not perform well against Torres.

Here is what I changed:

Defense: changed from 6 to 5 (no defensive whiz, but a 6? - come on, that's Tex Cobb territory)

CF v. Slugger: changed from 9 to 10 (opponents banged with him at their own peril)

Clinching: 70 changed to 68 (No good reason except that I find it hard to rate any 112 pound fighter as that much of a sluggish plodder)

Aggressiveness: changed from 6 to 8 (He was an attach dog, how a 6 seemed appropriate escapes me)

HP: changed from a 4 to a 7 (using the Trunzo's own formula and then considering opposition gives you more than a 4. He had 37 stoppages in 63 wins and was always a threat to unload a big haymaker)

3pt punches: (altered to line up with the new HP rating)

These changes leave him with an overall 5 rating. He is still very beatable and gets dumped frequently by nobodies (the Trunzo's chin ratings were good) but he also can knock guys out while he is loosing on points like he did with McGown.

I use this rating in my little universe:
Attached Files
File Type: tbdx2 Chionoi_Chartchai.tbdx2 (2.2 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 09-23-2006 at 02:03 PM.
CONN CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Attached Images
Old 09-24-2006, 01:38 AM   #6
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Chris - great stuff!
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZTzSndEjhg

Someone threw this up on Youtube a few months ago (I just found it).

It's a near end of the line Chionoi losing to Ohba. You can see the power he had (and his downside too) even though it's 5 or more years removed from his big wins.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #8
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Chionoi is in blue by the way